Preview: First FanMade BattlePack for CM Red Thunder

Mr.X

Some news: work is going on very well 👍

Part 1 of the "Five Bridges Campaign" is running its test as betaversion and the whole campaign will start its final testrun within the next 3 weeks.

Special thanks to all testers 🙏

Regards 

Mr.X

Next call for volunteers 😎:

between 20th and 28th October, the Campaign „Five Bridges“ will be ready for its final playtesting before the release. At the moment, single parts of the campaign are running tests. 
The player will lead various forces, mainly from 383rd Infantry Division and 20th Panzer Division through the pocket battles around Bobruisk from 26th June to 2nd July 1944. 

12 missions from tiny to large. 

PM me and get this one 👍🏻😉

Regards

Mr.X

I am following the topic "annual look at the year to come - 2023" and have seen, that the planned BattlePacks for CMBN and CMFI will probably be delayed due to the real life obligations of the creators 😢

To be honest, until recently, I wasn`t sure whether my huge project could actually be realized in the end.  But to spread some optimism: NOW, I am absolutely sure 👍😎

I`m continually working on it and so far there are enough volunteer testers. At this point, many thanks to you 🙏 without your help, it wouldn`t be possible to do this work...

My very special thanks go to @Phantom Captain, @pintere and @M.Herm for your fabulous efforts and the helpful and detailed AARs and valuable suggestions !!! 

So what`s the next plan?

As of today, a precise schedule has been set as to when the last finished campaign will begin its beta test. This date will be December 1st. From then until January 11th, I will continue to pursue my professional obligations during the final test runs. From January 12th I will be active again and will make the final improvements. From then on it will only take a short time until the release. 

Since we are now in a period of 3 month before the release, I have taken the liberty of opening an additional topic, where the final version of the BattlePack is described in detail and pre-orders can be made. 

More to come...

Regards

Mr.X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonight, I have finished the „Partisans Land“ Campaign 👍🏻
With the final version, it consists of 7 single missions. 
The Player will command Axis security units, SS-Pioneers, Grenadiers of an special Assault-Battalion and soviet volunteers of the RONA-Brigade…

I hope, there will be one more volunteer for the final testrun of this campaign 🙏🏻

Up to now, 4 of the 5 campaigns of the BattlePack are running as a Betaversion 👍🏻
The 5th campaign will hopefuly follow within the next two weeks.

Special thanks to all the great testers, who are fighting their way through the desperate summer of 1944 at the moment 🙏🏻👍🏻
Without your help, this huge project wouldn‘t have been possible!

Regards

Mr.X

Fully working on the 5th and last campaign "Our Father". Some impressions from the City of Mogilev:

mogilevtownhallode5g.png

Mogilev Town Hall before the war 

mogilevimages7pfoi.png

And Mogilev Town Hall in the campaign on the morning of 29th June 1944

mogilevstnicolastoday36ck0.png

Mogilev, St.Nicolas convent today

mogilevstnicolas4dccs.png

St.Nicolas convent after the heavy fighting in July 1941, when Germans captured the city

mogilevstnicolasruin3biyv.png

And the ruins of St.Nicolas during the campaign on the morning of 30th June 1944

mogilevairfieldnjfb9.png

And  the German Airfield near Mogilev 

mogiloevruinswrfr9.png

Mogilev during WWII

mogilevdestroyedcityjuftn.png

Mogilev during the campaign on 28th June 1944

Within the next 10 days, I will finish the fifth and final campaign of the BattlePack.

During the campaign "Our Father", the player will command various units of the German 39th PanzerCorps, encircled in the so-called "Fortress Mogilev". In the period from 27th June to 4th July 1944 there are 7 to 9 missions, depending on the decisions, the player will make. 

For this I need volunteers one last time to test the beta version 🙏

PM me 👍😎

Regards

Mr.X

Short update:

4 of 5 campaigns are running their final test 👍 this means, 44 single missions are almost ready for the release.

But there will be a small delay until the last campaign "Our Father" is finished, because I have enlarged this campaign 😉

More news to come...

Regards

Mr.X

Tonight I'm completing the last of the 5 BattlePack campaigns. The "Our Father" campaign now includes 14 individual missions.

Depending on the branch, that means 8 to 11 individual missions. That's why I would like to launch another call for volunteers 😎 Anyone who would like to play a de facto finished battlepack campaign now would help a lot in achieving the goal of publishing on February 1st👍🏻

Pm me 👍🏻

Regards 

Mr.X

It is finished. All 5 campaigns are in beta versions in the test run. 

The players will have 52 - 55 single missions depending on the branch they choose in one of the campaigns. In total, I have created 58 single missions. The number of mastermaps is now also certain: there will be 20 mastermaps included.

Below is a brief overview of the schedule leading up to the release.

Regards 

Mr. X

Schedule until release:

1. From today onwards, I will stop all CM-work due to professional reasons until January 11th 2024. Of course you

can always contact me via the forum of e-mail, if you like to volunteer for testing of if there are questions.

2. The final test runs will continue in the almost 6 weeks until January. Enough time for all testers. At this point, 

a big THANK YOU 🙏 again to all of you !!! 

3. But I still have one big request:

It would be very nice  if at least one more tester could be found for the campaign "Our Father". So, if you    are  interested: it´s an almost finished product, ready to be played !!! 👍

4. When I will be back on January 11th 2024, I will make some fine corrections:

= some missions need still some more flavor objects

= special thanks goes to @pintere who does the very laborious work of correcting my poor English and optimizing               the  briefings - before release, I will add these briefings to the missions.

= as of now, there is one smaller mission, that needs a real rework, which will take about 3 days - may be, there will be           2   -   3 more single missions, which need some rework, but this should be manageable without release delay.

Regards

Mr.X

Edited by Mr.X

6 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Schedule until release:

1. From today onwards, I will stop all CM-work due to professional reasons until January 11th 2024. Of course you

can always contact me via the forum of e-mail, if you like to volunteer for testing of if there are questions.

2. The final test runs will continue in the almost 6 weeks until January. Enough time for all testers. At this point, 

a big THANK YOU 🙏 again to all of you !!! 

3. But I still have one big request:

It would be very nice  if at least one more tester could be found for the campaign "Our Father". So, if you    are  interested: it´s an almost finished product, ready to be played !!! 👍

4. When I will be back on January 11th 2024, I will make some fine corrections:

= some missions need still some more flavor objects

= special thanks goes to @pintere who does the very laborious work of correcting my poor English and optimizing               the  briefings - before release, I will add these briefings to the missions.

= as of now, there is one smaller mission, that needs a real rework, which will take about 3 days - may be, there will be           2   -   3 more single missions, which need some rework, but this should be manageable without release delay.

Regards

Mr.X

SOOO CLOSE!

Best of luck dealing with real world stuff for the next little bit.

23 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Love it Frank, you have done an amazing job.  Unlike my play-testing, but I'll continue 😉.

Just don't stress yourself out. I'm very happy about everyone who invests some time to help with this really big project 🙏

Thank you !!!