Preview: First FanMade BattlePack for CM Red Thunder

Mr.X

We have the announcement of a (hopefully) stunning new module for CMFB, for a absolutely great CMBN BattlePack, for a very interesting CMFI BattlePack - so WW II fans like me are happy wth the coming stuff in 2023.

BUT, something is missing....where is the CMRT ? No new content after the release of the fantastic BattlePack of George MC in 2022 😢

And here it is: 

While back after a long break, Mr.X was very busy and is working on a FanMade BattlePack for 2023. More to come....

The BattlePack will have the title "Summer of Destruction" . Players will command Axis Forces of Army Group Central from

June 1944 to July 1944. Currently (see below) the pack includes the following stuff:

Chapter I

Mini-Campaign "Partisans Land"

patisanhjdye.png

The Player is commanding a mixed, reinforced German "Kampfgruppe" in June 1944 , attacking a wooded area west of Mogilew where strong partisan units are expected to have built a fortified strongpoint. 3 single Missions.

Chapter II

Mini Campaign "Into Hell"

The Player is commanding parts of the German 252.Infantry-Division of the IX. Corps/3rd Panzer Army north of Witebsk  at the very beginning of the Soviet Operation "Bagration". Your units will be directed to block one of the main Soviet Corridors of advance - you will have to stand or die in the centre of a massive assault.

4 Single missions.

252wappenoedlh.png

Chapter III

Campaign "Five Bridges"

The Player is commanding parts of the German 383.Infantry-Division of XXXV.Corps/9th Army near Bobruisk shortly after the German Lines have collapsed under the violent pressure of the Red Army. Will you be able to lead your units back to the west - will you be able to break out from the Bobruisk Pocket and reach the German Rescue Forces?

9 Single Missions.

383wappenlwdbi.png

Chapter IV

Campaign "Tiger Trail"

When the German Frontlines had collapsed and the Soviet Advance approached the Border of East Prussia, the Axis Headquarters sent its armored reserves to stop the Soviet Steamroller by all means. The Player is commanding parts of the German 3.SS-Panzer-Division "Totenkopf" west of the Njemen River near Grodno. Will the Division be able to stop the enemy and cut off the III.Soviet Cavalry Corps ?

17 single Missions.

tt-wappentotenkopfh4d6p.png

When will be the release? 

The ideal date will be the 22.06.2023. But I won't promise too much....for sure, release will be 2023 ! 

What's the current progress?

The biggest campaign "Tiger Trail" is in its final testing stage as a Betaversion. It will be ready for 22nd June release. 

The "Five Bridges" Campaign has seen most of the map making, which is (with my experience) the most time consuming aspect - testing will start in March.

The "Into Hell" Campaign the same.

The "Partisans" Land Campaign (the smallest of all) is in the middle of map making and will be ready for testing in April.

So - to quote the guys from Battlefront 😉 "it will be ready when it's ready."

Will there be any single Missions?

Currently, I have plans for 3 single Missions but I doubt to have the time to put effort in these ones. So, let's see....

Is there a possibility to increase the number of campaigns or single missions for that BattlePack?

Of course. As the headline says, this is a project made by fan(s) of CM and everybody who wants to participate is very welcome. Honestly I have to say that I have written a mail to Battlefront and offered them this stuff (without financial interests) in order to get designs, briefings etc. more professional but they ignored myself 😜

So, if anybody is motivated to create stuff, doesn't matter if one small single mission or a whole campaign, then this would be very appreciated 👍 The only condition is:

the stuff must match the BattlePacks main theme "Summer of Destruction June to July 1944, ArmyGroup Central". 

Will there be any Master Maps?

Currently, the pack will include 12 Master maps but this number may change until release.

10 hours ago, Mr.X said:

When will be the release? 

The ideal date will be the 22.06.2023. But I won't promise too much....for sure, release will be 2023 ! 

What's the current progress?

The biggest campaign "Tiger Trail" is in its final testing stage as a Betaversion. It will be ready for 22nd June release. 

The "Five Bridges" Campaign has seen most of the map making, which is (with my experience) the most time consuming aspect - testing will start in March.

The "Into Hell" Campaign the same.

The "Partisans" Land Campaign (the smallest of all) is in the middle of map making and will be ready for testing in April.

So - to quote the guys from Battlefront 😉 "it will be ready when it's ready."

Will there be any single Missions?

Currently, I have plans for 3 single Missions but I doubt to have the time to put effort in these ones. So, let's see....

Is there a possibility to increase the number of campaigns or single missions for that BattlePack?

Of course. As the headline says, this is a project made by fan(s) of CM and everybody who wants to participate is very welcome. Honestly I have to say that I have written a mail to Battlefront and offered them this stuff (without financial interests) in order to get designs, briefings etc. more professional but they ignored myself 😜

So, if anybody is motivated to create stuff, doesn't matter if one small single mission or a whole campaign, then this would be very appreciated 👍 The only condition is:

the stuff must match the BattlePacks main theme "Summer of Destruction June to July 1944, ArmyGroup Central". 

Will there be any Master Maps?

Currently, the pack will include 12 Master maps but this number may change until release.

Great! 😎 Very much looking forward to this one! In case you need some helping hand with map or AIP related things (issues), let me know! Did you base the storyline on Hinze´s book btw? I´m halfway through this one.

@RockinHarry:

Hinze‘s book gives a good and detailed overview - in my opinion the best book about „Bagration“ from Axis point of view. It‘s part of the source I used. Additionally I was able to get much more (very detailed) information from the unit‘s history. 
The story line should include the main components of these period/location:

= Partisan Warfare behind the front 

= The huge wave of the Soviet Main Assaults 

= The fate of most German Infantry Divisions, which weren‘t destroyed immidiately but found its units cut off and encircled and tried desperately to find a way back - sometimes only some dozens of Stragglers succeeded to reach the own lines. 

= The Axis early attempts to stop or at least delay the Soviet Steamroller on its way to the West.

Regards

Mr.X 

4 hours ago, Mr.X said:

@RockinHarry:

Hinze‘s book gives a good and detailed overview - in my opinion the best book about „Bagration“ from Axis point of view. It‘s part of the source I used. Additionally I was able to get much more (very detailed) information from the unit‘s history. 
The story line should include the main components of these period/location:

= Partisan Warfare behind the front 

= The huge wave of the Soviet Main Assaults 

= The fate of most German Infantry Divisions, which weren‘t destroyed immidiately but found its units cut off and encircled and tried desperately to find a way back - sometimes only some dozens of Stragglers succeeded to reach the own lines. 

= The Axis early attempts to stop or at least delay the Soviet Steamroller on its way to the West.

Regards

Mr.X 

Yeah, from my reading in Hinze´s book it´s all more than dramatic. The infamous "Rückkämpfer" and Fire Brigade period.😎 Yes, having detailed unit histories comes superior.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Short update: 

Work is still in good progress 👍🏻
Today I have been able to almost finish a mastermap of 3x2,5 km of wooded and wild landscape in the region north of Witebsk. 

In total, there will be 35 to 36 single missions to be played through the 4 campaigns. 

Regards

Mr.X

19 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

@Aragorn2002:

Sounds nice 👍🏻
But no worry - I don‘t like huge Mega-battles very much. CM shines with Micro-management…so, 90% of the missions will be company sized.

Regards

Mr.X 

I must say I like big maps, but company sized battles are more and more what I prefer. Moving more than one or two companies is almost a full time job and usually ends up in complete chaos for me.

Edited by Aragorn2002