Combat photography: Photos from the front..

On 9/6/2023 at 12:34 AM, Phantom Captain said:

End game.  The Soviets have emerged victorious!  If anyone's interested...

404.png

The hell I am! I like these kind of narration where you see both sides and their different views. :D

But the difference in tank loses is really astonishing here. 

It seems like the soviets have won but lost their tactical mobility for the moment.... Well at least until the next batch of T34 arrive to start exploitation. :D

It was Jagdpanthers vs IS-2s and T-34/85s.  The map was huge, time was short and the Germans were in a long line of layered, small, defensive groupings with panzerfausts and schrecks just waiting in ambush.  And IS-2s are SLOW.

Because of time I really had no option other than to start probing knowing losses were going to happen.  I knew I was going to lose tanks and I did.  I mean, Jagdpanthers at 1500-2500m ranges, so yeah.  I killed 7 of the beasts and was pretty happy about that. Most of my losses were T-34s but I did lose a handful of IS-2s as well. I think he only had 2 TDs left and I still had 10-15 tanks left at the end and plenty of infantry power and didn't feel I was any less mobile.  In fact, after it was over, I realized I could have pushed harder and quicker.  This battle did feel like the inevitable Soviet steam roller at the end of the war.  I had losses but in no way felt diminished as I still had a ton of combat power left.

I'll let @FlammenwerferX throw in their two cents on how it appeared from that side.

This battle was a lot of fun!

Edited by Phantom Captain

3 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Because of time I really had no option other than to start probing knowing losses were going to happen.  I knew I was going to lose tanks and I did.  I mean, Jagdpanthers at 1500-2500m ranges, so yeah.  I killed 7 of the beasts and was pretty happy about that. Most of my losses were T-34s but I did lose a handful of IS-2s as well. I think he only had 2 TDs left and I still had 10-15 tanks left at the end and plenty of infantry power and didn't feel I was any less mobile.  In fact, after it was over, I realized I could have pushed harder and quicker.  This battle did feel like the inevitable Soviet steam roller at the end of the war.  I had losses but in no way felt diminished as I still had a ton of combat power left.

Exactly, despite the AFV losses, your actual casualties were quite low compared to the Germans.

It would have been a very plausible real life result, imho.

Contact has now devolved into a full scale donnybrook.  @FlammenwerferX's men grit their teeth and lay into the oncoming German's.  One of my scout teams almost walked on top of a team of ambushing Soviets which ended quickly in the death of my scouts.  I think his men were waiting for me with their entrenching tools.

Ironically, some of the heaviest fighting in the last couple minutes has centered around a church and cemetery. As bullets start cracking through the air my troops scamper for the stone wall.

600.png

Firefight at the wall...

601.png

603.png

My big cats support my initial push and my soldiers are thankful for their help.

602.png

Edited by Phantom Captain

15 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Are those fur caps a mod? If so, can you please tell me where to find it?

The only mods I use are the "All in One" and I add some Soviet uniforms with the darker uniforms, blanket rolls, etc.  Can't remember who's it was though.

Chuckdyke might also be right that it was included in F&R.