Combat photography: Photos from the front..

32 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Saw a movie a while ago that Tom Hanks did the same in .45 ACP.

Hehe, and .45 against a Tiger is about as effective as 9mm against an IS-2!

It actually happens quite a bit in CM.  In my Breakthrough to Kovel campaign I also posted a picture of a Soviet officer shooting a tank with a pistol.  I guess it the whole "tools we have" thing... 😁

25 minutes ago, IanL said:

LOL now if one or both of those tanks misses high...

Maybe I was talking about the tanks, haha!

I was thinking the same and was trying to avoid having them lineup like this.  Glad both used MGs to solve the problem instead of main guns.  The turn before I killed one of my own T-70s with friendly fire from an IS-2, shooting these very troops in this foxhole.  The round hit a couple of meters from the T-70 and did him in.  C'est la guerre.

122mm vs T-70.

93.png

Edited by Phantom Captain

I told you all that our battle is raging.  @FlammenwerferX's welcoming party.

130.png

My response...

134.png

Folks, we got us a long range tank duel going on here.  The smell of burning armor and gunpowder wafts across the landscape.

131.png

Yet, the German's have both bark and bite as well.

132.png

133.png

In you go boys.  Give the invader what's coming to him.

135.png

More men who may be experiencing their last minutes on pixel-earth yet bravely face their fate.  Fight hard my soldiers!

1 hour ago, Phantom Captain said:

I told you all that our battle is raging.  @FlammenwerferX's welcoming party.

130.png

My response...

134.png

Folks, we got us a long range tank duel going on here.  The smell of burning armor and gunpowder wafts across the landscape.

131.png

Yet, the German's have both bark and bite as well.

132.png

133.png

In you go boys.  Give the invader what's coming to him.

135.png

More men who may be experiencing their last minutes on pixel-earth yet bravely face their fate.  Fight hard my soldiers!

Absolutely awsome! thx!

Savelyev among the SU76's and Maxims he took aim and a Panzerschreck Team was taken out. Snipers don't ignore them. Range 243mtr keep a log how and when they strike. Shot was generated by the TacAI not by the player input. 

savelyev.png

Edited by chuckdyke

Me and @FlammenwerferX suffer some intense and terrifying minutes in the woods.

A close encounter of the frightening kind...  Luckily support is right behind!  Out of the woods and right into the waiting jaws of the Jagdpanther.  Today we are thankful our enemy has turretless TDs instead of tanks.  And because of it my scout reverses safely out of danger.

303.png

The monstrous German TD gets first shots but misses as both he and I are moving!

302.png

The fates align, and so do my gunsights.

305.png

At this range, with 122mm, the results are as expected.

304.png

Scratch on another kill.

301.png

More medals will be requested for these heroes of the Soviet Union, if they can survive the next 30 minutes...

300.png

The terror and uncertainty of battle leads to me losing two of my T-34/85s when they and one of @FlammenwerferX's Jagdpanthers meet face to face.  I was trying to be clever and sneak up a hill thinking I would have his TD in the flank but as my tanks move up the slope the Jagdpanther crests the ridge coming directly at me.  This was the result.  

310.png

I believe the German soldiers seen in the prior pics are now dead.  Tankodesantniki on the move!!

313.png

312.png

314.png

Only time to stop and quickly catch their breath.

311.png

44 minutes ago, FlammenwerferX said:

From my POV. Almost a head on collision. Luckily I switched from fast to hunt after cresting hill...CERDA25X.png

CERDA26X.png

CERDA27X.png

CERDA23X.png

It was terrifying!  But I really thought my second tank might get you with the turret but he was under a move command and didn't stop.  And the shot he did get just bounced away off your hull!