Combat photography: Photos from the front..

Thanks Rob for the comments on the TC  pic of mine.  That one was my favorite of the bunch too.  I had some others with different angles around the tank and the commander but that pic was just so good I didn't want to divert attention from posting the others.  Sometimes a pic just comes out "right", and usually totally unexpected too.

I'm laughing remembering your post before about the awful haze or fog in CM and then you go and post those Soviet soldiers running through the smoke and dust.  Love love those!  Really like the PIAT guy and the German soldats in the rubble.

I have to say the contrast of the Soviets against the painted windows/walls is really striking!!  

Good stuff all around as always.

1 hour ago, Phantom Captain said:

Thanks Rob for the comments on the TC  pic of mine.  That one was my favorite of the bunch too.  I had some others with different angles around the tank and the commander but that pic was just so good I didn't want to divert attention from posting the others.  Sometimes a pic just comes out "right", and usually totally unexpected too.

I'm laughing remembering your post before about the awful haze or fog in CM and then you go and post those Soviet soldiers running through the smoke and dust.  Love love those!  Really like the PIAT guy and the German soldats in the rubble.

I have to say the contrast of the Soviets against the painted windows/walls is really striking!!  

Good stuff all around as always.

i doubt that the individual ai is sophisticated enough to actually 'look' around that hatch, but that's exactly what he's doing,  very intent on his targeting or guiding his vehicle through the woods. cant imagine a better shot of this.  'the decisive moment' in a nutshell.

thanks.  i was pretty proud of this bunch.   npye's  berlin mod and the maps that go with it just might be as good as cm2 ever gets for visual immersion  and representing a real place, at least in an urban setting .  i find it so easy to get good shots there. i weep to think what he could do  with the oosterbeek pocket or arnhem, but that's my hangup, lol.

again with the lol's!  it's only the orangey general atmospheric haze that i usually don't like, it mostly deadens color and detail to much, tho i've seen it used well by some here.  the fog, dust, smoke, and other 'dynamic'  atmospheric effects  all suit me just fine.  i can't remember who was dissing the fog recently, but i remember the post.

Edited by quakerparrot67

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-31

Man versus beast.

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-02-01

Tiger hunting

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-05-22

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-08-09

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-08-10

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-10-24

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2023-04-01

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-20

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2023-03-15

Let´s just say he had a bad day...

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2023-03-03

"Hey Hans ! Do you think their snipers saw us ?"

"Nah, we are fine Klaus. By the way are those some new ventilation holes in your panzerfaust ?"

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2023-01-27

Edited by Brille