Combat photography: Photos from the front..

2 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

I really like these.  The 1st one especially.  

thanks! Yours are surely the reference for everything else here. 😎

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Your grass look very nice Harry (1st picture), are you also working on, can you pointed to a link ?

My friend you should actually recognize all the terrain beeing @Lucky_Strike ´s gorgeous works! https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-other/cmbn-lucky_strikes-hedgerow-hell-or-how-not-to-be-seen/ Where is he btw? 🤔

Everything else is @Zveroboy1 ´s work. (1/ Estonia - Kapera (raw map) ) Excl. forces. Might try the first map/mission in single player (looks like it can be played from SOV side only), then do some captures with original forces. 

25 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

thanks! Yours are surely the reference for everything else here. 😎

My friend you should actually recognize all the terrain beeing @Lucky_Strike ´s gorgeous works! https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-other/cmbn-lucky_strikes-hedgerow-hell-or-how-not-to-be-seen/ Where is he btw? 🤔

Everything else is @Zveroboy1

But my dear friend Harry, @Lucky_Strike created this mod for CMBN, but yes my friend @RockinHarry is clever enough to use it also for CMRT, never thinking about to use it...where I have my head...😉

I don't know where he is and this is a little annoying 🙄

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

But my dear friend Harry, @Lucky_Strike created this mod for CMBN, but yes my friend @RockinHarry is clever enough to use it also for CMRT, never thinking about to use it...where I have my head...😉

I don't know where he is and this is a little annoying 🙄

No cleverness at all. Just dumped it into CMRT mods folder, selected options (like you do for CMBN as well) and here you go. 🤪 Hm... pity with Lucky. Hope he´s going well at least.

8 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Not combat actually, but pics from (near) the frontline. Map is from latest Zverovboy1´s Baltic map/battle pack here: https://community.battlefront.com/topic/142405-baltic-mini-map-pack/ Forces is not from actual battle. Bits of spiced up with Reshade and some GIMP filters. German SS Engineers checking soft ground in front of an armored column.

sUZV7It.jpg

aN0r2Pj.jpg

xrusmHY.jpg

qLZ8nHm.jpg

rMiahSl.jpg

4vYrcJr.jpg

great pics.  they have an almost '3d' look to them.  really liking your b/w's, too.

cheers,

rob

35 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

No cleverness at all. Just dumped it into CMRT mods folder, selected options (like you do for CMBN as well) and here you go. 🤪 Hm... pity with Lucky. Hope he´s going well at least.

Agree but dont tell me that the vegetation and the trees are the same from hot France vs cold far away Ukraine ?

But ok I see that all work very nice, I was used the CMRT vegetation and terrain from the CMMODs, but I will do the same as you just changing some flowers in pehaps sunflowers or whatever,.. I will see, clever clever the Harry !

1 hour ago, quakerparrot67 said:

submitted for your approval...

poOykgg8p

pn6Yu1pup

pnW8ag0rp

pmzLsNaPp

pmH8EIpzp

pokhxiLZp

poEHBi5np

pnr0d9J8p

poHZHy94p

pmDqI75ep

pmS3strMp

pnkorWNGp

poZFx6Tcp

pmdCtIIip

cheers,

rob

Approved!  Especially number 2, the Hetzer, and the Soviet with the Tokarev!  I really like the photo with the soldiers in the shadows and the casualty laying in the light.  Excellent stuff as always!

I forgot to mention to that your earlier pics totally could be the Easter rising!  I have stood in front of the bullet pocked marked post office in Dublin.  As soon as you said that your pictures took me back there.

2 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Approved!  Especially number 2, the Hetzer, and the Soviet with the Tokarev!  I really like the photo with the soldiers in the shadows and the casualty laying in the light.  Excellent stuff as always!

I forgot to mention to that your earlier pics totally could be the Easter rising!  I have stood in front of the bullet pocked marked post office in Dublin.  As soon as you said that your pictures took me back there.

thanks, mike,  i'm really glad you started this thread- it's brought some  great shots to anyone's attention who cares to look, and i'm glad there's others who enjoy the 'photography' aspect along with the gameplay.

dublin is a place i've always wanted to visit.  the scenes of the rising in the movie 'michael collins'  always give me chills.  great movie by the way, liam neeson is solid as always, and alan rickman is  coldly machiavellian as de'valera (more subtle than most of his villain roles, but deff. the 'baddie' in the story.  worth a look  if you haven't seen it.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

10 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

great pics.  they have an almost '3d' look to them.  really liking your b/w's, too.

cheers,

rob

thanks QP 😎 That 3D effect is intended actually. It´s part Reshade DOF (depth of field) filter, further enhanced with GIMP´s soft focus filter put on top. Other things is white point and contrast improvements, but nothing else. 😎

10 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Agree but dont tell me that the vegetation and the trees are the same from hot France vs cold far away Ukraine ?

But ok I see that all work very nice, I was used the CMRT vegetation and terrain from the CMMODs, but I will do the same as you just changing some flowers in pehaps sunflowers or whatever,.. I will see, clever clever the Harry !

Yes, I tell you. lol 😅 Original map setting is clear hot summer (august) 1944. Didn´t change it. Luckys´ mods is activated in my CMRT by default and after opening the maps first time, I didn´t see a reason to change anything. Though I added some foot paths to simulate vehicle tracks in the greenery. That was just for the snapshots and aren´t part of the original map. Yeah... LuckyS added lots of nice optional stuff in there (or variations) and swapping some to something you need or want is fairly easy. I just normally swap some ground textures to some I tweaked myself. Like i.e making foot path texture look way darker in wet weather (ground) and so on. 🍻