AMD 22.8 series breaks game again

Bufo

2 hours ago, LeBlaque said:

Okay, okay, so let me just summarize some things here:

- AMD cards have been notoriously fickle with CM-- products for years.  They've been largely BUSTED since early Spring '22 until the most recent version:  except they are busted in large battles (I have confirmed working/not working as described)

-AMD 7000+ users cannot roll-back drivers, so they are SOL until a "full fix."

- Nvidia cards (I just recently found out) are also kinda busted on large battles, with 'deteriorating' drivers relative to OpenGL.

-Rumor from other members is OpenGL programming from BF is "less than ideal?" potentially contributing to these issues.

So in summary, how is this okay?  How is it that regardless of numerous posts to both AMD and BF no one is really willing to offer an explanation, a full solution, hope for the future, etc?  I'm tired of the excuse of "niche product" --- I get it -- but 18 MONTHS without a solution for games that are still being SOLD on multiple sites?  This is NOT a legacy product!!  If the game is not working on AMD, Nvidia, etc. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PERMANENTLY RESOLVE THIS!!

As Sgt. Rock says, 'nuff said.

Completely agree, this is unacceptable. I'm not buying a single CM product until this is resolved, why pay for a non legacy product that doesn't work on modern drivers for 6-8 months at a time? Armored brigade 2 might be the better option if this doesn't change by the time that releases. 

22 hours ago, Artkin said:

Not sure why I'm getting out of memory errors with two games running maps at the same time on the latest nvidia drivers then. 8gb vram 16gb ram. 

And when I rolled back the drivers I could run at least two games.

Back when I first got my rtx 3060ti I could run as many games as I wanted at the same time. Once I updated the drivers I remember it becoming much worse

I have a Windows laptop where I could test this. I will blame you if it becomes disabled :)

Sadly my desktop is "unauthorized" since I ran out of license activations due to a mainboard change.

On 12/13/2023 at 10:45 AM, LeBlaque said:

-Rumor from other members is OpenGL programming from BF is "less than ideal?" potentially contributing to these issues.

Well only one, maybe three, people have any knowledge of the BFC code. I'm not one of them, you are not one of them no "other members" are one of them either.

So, just dismiss that baseless claim. The bottom line is graphics card vendors are responsible for implementing the OpenGL interface. If they have bugs they should fix them.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:02 AM, Redwolf said:

I have a Windows laptop where I could test this. I will blame you if it becomes disabled :)

Sadly my desktop is "unauthorized" since I ran out of license activations due to a mainboard change.

You can always get additional activations. Just open a Help Desk ticket.

bro the amount of fanboys in this discussion is crazy lol

If you have nothing besides "UHHHH have you tried fixing it yourself??" or "ummm you said you don't like that BF hasn't fixed this but you haven't condemned every other company in your post????" it really should just be deleted outta here. some of us are coming here because we can't get refund cause we've spent our time trying to fix this game only to find out that it's just a issue the dev is refusing to solve. Let us actually either get a fix or wait to here from them that they got off their ***. If you want to post y our "I"m very smart" just go to reddit like this does not seem like the place

On 12/14/2023 at 4:52 PM, IanL said:

Are you doing the same for AMD products? It's their change that caused this not BFC's.

At the end of the day, if something you created and claims works on a certain product doesn't, at some point you are the one who has to do something to deal with it.

AMD screwed up, sure. But BFC have a responsibility to try to do something. I'm facing this problem at work, where certain security setups are blocking some functionality. Sure, this is a problem with the customers' security infrastructure. But it's also my problem because our product doesn't work under certain circumstances, and we want it to.

At least now on the BFC site there is a warning that the game will not run on certain AMD cards. That warning isn't on the steam pages however.

Edited by Grey_Fox

@Grey_Fox

Appreciate your post.  For the life of me I cannot FIND the notification on BFC that products do not work on "certain AMD cards."  I may have missed it, but it is certainly not prevalent on the BFC website.  And to be clear, it does not work properly on ALL AMD graphics cards unless legacy drivers are used and certainly doesn't work at all on those cards that cannot roll back.

Your observations are spot on.  I have come to the conclusion that perhaps as disappointing as anything is the continued silence by BFC on this issue.  I did not expect this of this company given prior "transparency" experience. Communication behaviors seem more like those small companies that after taking your money on Steam in an Early Access environment wave their middle-finger at you while silently claiming "sucker" and then disappearing into the ether, never to address their game's issues and remaining in an Early Access unfinished state.  

1 hour ago, LeBlaque said:

For the life of me I cannot FIND the notification on BFC that products do not work on "certain AMD cards."

Here's an example from the CMBN purchase page on BFC:

***IMPORTANT*** Not all Intel integrated and AMD video cards will play the game. If that is your only video card try the demo before purchasing

It's not so clear on Steam, where the same title only shows;

***IMPORTANT*** Not all Intel integrated video cards will play the game.

I'm Nvidia anyway...

• 2 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 2:08 AM, Jiggathebauce said:

Completely agree, this is unacceptable. I'm not buying a single CM product until this is resolved, why pay for a non legacy product that doesn't work on modern drivers for 6-8 months at a time? Armored brigade 2 might be the better option if this doesn't change by the time that releases. 

Well, I do expect Armored Brigade 2 upon arrival, The best to tell me is that one should do better than AB1, which was a real mess up for me in the previous game, when I tried to perform well and understand how to work on that game with aid by watching someone give idea and explain how to works.

On 12/13/2023 at 10:45 AM, LeBlaque said:

Okay, okay, so let me just summarize some things here:

- AMD cards have been notoriously fickle with CM-- products for years.  They've been largely BUSTED since early Spring '22 until the most recent version:  except they are busted in large battles (I have confirmed working/not working as described)....

So in summary, how is this okay?  How is it that regardless of numerous posts to both AMD and BF no one is really willing to offer an explanation, a full solution, hope for the future, etc?  I'm tired of the excuse of "niche product" --- I get it -- but 18 MONTHS without a solution for games that are still being SOLD on multiple sites?  This is NOT a legacy product!!  If the game is not working on AMD, Nvidia, etc. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PERMANENTLY RESOLVE THIS!!

HOOOOKAY!!  Here we are!  THREE months later.  And what do we hear from BF and AMD?

(crickets)

(crickets)

(crickets)

Uh, gentlemen... it is STILL broken.

...and most egregious?  I read the year 2024 things to come thread and not ONE reference to AMD issues.  That is right, not ONE.  But us "complainers" were referred to copiously in the second thread!

Edited by LeBlaque

On 3/13/2024 at 2:18 PM, LeBlaque said:

HOOOOKAY!!  Here we are!  THREE months later.  And what do we hear from BF and AMD?

(crickets)

(crickets)

(crickets)

Uh, gentlemen... it is STILL broken.

...and most egregious?  I read the year 2024 things to come thread and not ONE reference to AMD issues.  That is right, not ONE.  But us "complainers" were referred to copiously in the second thread!

I genuinely don't get why that second update was even necessary, it was a big nothing. They waited several months to release an update that was literally just 'actually no, we aren't gonna tell you the rest we are working on'

Whether you like it or not, it's not only up to BF to resolve that problem. Clearly it's not high on priorities list in AMD and my guess is it never will. It's common knowledge that AMDs GUI have issues with lots of games and if you're a gamer, you should simply avoid these cards. I made a mistake of buying one over 2 years ago and almost immediately i had issues with some games, not only CM. I got fed up with it, sold it and recently bought RTX. So far, no problems with CM and everything else.

• 3 weeks later...