Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

Sounds great, Probus.  I believe a big part of the latest off-topic stuff started with ..... your "woke is broke' comment in connection with Switzerland, which no one seems to understand.  If you do want to not get 'attacked', which I will call 'challenged', then don't post MAGA drive-by comments.  Especially one that makes zero sense to anyone.  This aint some MAGA echo chamber.

But I completely agree and will not start any political commentary, though if someone throws in political comments they should expect to be challenged.

The one thing we all agree on here is that UKR needs to win, for every reason both moral and strategic.  That support is one of the few things that really spans across most of the political spectrum, though not all of course.  I've praised politicians I otherwise can't stand when they stand up for UKR and will continue to do so.

+1👍

41 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Agreed. Let me add that the far left see the Capitalist world order - which liberal democracies uphold - as the primary evil and are willing to overlook the moral shortcomings of anything that could undermine capitalist hegemony. Why the right supports Putin is more complicated.

Well, he is a nationalist (as opposed to a patriot) with revanchist geopolitical ideas and highly reactionary social opinions. 

39 minutes ago, Jiggathebauce said:

As the only substantial, open communist on this thread, Probus I'm laughing so hard at you, my party is telling people to NOT vote for Kamala Harris. we don't claim her capitalist, genocide supporting a$$

That’s because you guys are rightest running dogs, splittists and hooligans in the service of our capitalist oppressors. Unlike our true communist brethren at….um…well…Goldman Sachs:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/goldman-sachs-sees-biggest-boost-us-economy-harris-win-2024-09-04/

Edited by billbindc

38 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Agreed. Let me add that the far left see the Capitalist world order - which liberal democracies uphold - as the primary evil and are willing to overlook the moral shortcomings of anything that could undermine capitalist hegemony. Why the right supports Putin is more complicated.

I think its fairly simply why far left and far right both playing on the hand of the russians. Its a mindset. Every ideology or religion believer is living in constant denial and cognitive dissonance. That is needed to believe the bull**** they believe because life just ain't that simple as they want it to be. The more of a radical a person the stronger these attributes are, which makes them weak for propaganda and misinformation. These types has a sort of selective consciousness they are able to comprehend information that is contradicting their beliefs but they cannot build in to their word view. While everything that solidify their righteousness is stay even if its an unreliable source. Radicals are just simply easy prey for the cynic with intent.

There is another factor and i think its isolation. The more radical a fella is the more isolated usually. Isolation makes not just peoples but countries weak as well. This is why i firmly believe that my government for example is entrapped with the russians simply because they burned all the other bridges. But isis for example used the net to search for isolated weirdos to exploit them as well.

BTW no rich fella will ever want communism.

18 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Certainly an emotional choice, since it sure isn't based on any possible version of an evidence-based reality.  Unless you are really really rich -- if so, congrats and enjoy your tax cuts!  

I'm not rich, not very emotional and I do live in an evidence-based reality.  Just see things differently.  

5 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

I see you there. Mr. Help It Along. Some people really do just want to watch the world burn.

Come on, guys…don’t be like that. I’m having fun digging up Harris’ next Five Year Plan!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoniopequenoiv/2024/09/03/harris-will-propose-50000-small-business-tax-deduction-for-startup-expenses-heres-what-to-know/

Russian soldiers wash the remains of the previous crew off a SHORAD Strela-10 using a portable car wash. Bloody water can be seen flowing out of the vehicle. As the operator reports, all three crew members were killed, while the vehicle itself remained in good condition. A new crew will soon take their places in this vehicle.

18 hours ago, Sgt Joch said:

I know there has been a lot of histrionics and political posturing, but I personally can’t see I see much substantive difference between pre-Musk and post-Musk Twitter. 

Well sure you have the twitter algorithm tuned to show you furry cats and cute babes. People that were using it for politics see a significant difference. People who don't have an account can see it too. People who study social media and or political engagement have documented it.

Everyone is glad you still get your fix of puppies and kitties - that is awesome truly it is.

10 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Dear god, she is a half step left of Trotsky.

"Der lange Marsch durch die Institutionen" has begun!!!

(I must admit...I really wasn't prepared for the proletarian vanguard attacking capitalism through more small business!)

45 minutes ago, Billy Ringo said:

I'm not rich, not very emotional and I do live in an evidence-based reality.  Just see things differently.  

Indeed, election fraud by illegally replacing the electors of 7 states is just "seeing things differently" on the statutes of electoral process in a constitutional republic.

Why do these far left communists make so much of a fuss about it that some people want to be above the constitution as they deserve to be by divine right? We will truly never know. Neither historic precedent nor rational analysis show any downside to absolute rulers. It must be because of their low testosterone that the Kamalists cannot stand an attempted coup now and then.

Edited by Carolus

well that was a fun run into the wild side, but back to Russia.  Another sign that all is well with the Russian state.

Putin gave a niece with no military experience a key defense job: UK Intel (yahoo.com)

The MoD said her new job is a prominent role that's "elevated above ordinary deputy defence minister" and involves overseeing the Russian defense ministry's relationship with other government departments.

However, the UK's MoD pointed out that, before last year, Tsivileva had "no known background or relationship to defence matters."

"She trained as a psychiatrist before making money in a number of medical supply companies."

49 minutes ago, sburke said:

well that was a fun run into the wild side, but back to Russia.  Another sign that all is well with the Russian state.

Putin gave a niece with no military experience a key defense job: UK Intel (yahoo.com)

The MoD said her new job is a prominent role that's "elevated above ordinary deputy defence minister" and involves overseeing the Russian defense ministry's relationship with other government departments.

However, the UK's MoD pointed out that, before last year, Tsivileva had "no known background or relationship to defence matters."

"She trained as a psychiatrist before making money in a number of medical supply companies."

The human resourcification of the Russian army? Lol