How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

4 hours ago, Sojourner said:

Russia getting ready to blow the ZNPP?

Russia started evacuation near front lines...

"I have therefore made a decision to evacuate first of all children and parents, elderly people, disabled people and hospital patients," he [the Russian-installed head of the Zaporizhzhia region, Yevgeny Balitsky] wrote.

"There will be a temporary evacuation" from 18 places, he said, including the town of Enerhodar where the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant is located."

Moscow Times - Russia Orders Partial Evacuation Near Ukraine Front Line (msn.com)

Video of busses related to forced deportations, which is on going act of genocide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarRoom/comments/1391o9h/berdyansk_today_a_lot_of_evacuation_buses/

Steve

21 minutes ago, sburke said:

Modi is holding all the cards here, Russia just doesn't have any other customers that can take volume of oil they need to sell. Putin can't afford to admit that his balance sheet is even worse than eveyone already assumes it is. . I wouldn't be surprised if India manages to put off resolving this until their is a new Russian government. Everybody keeps saying India is dependent on Russian arms but the Russians can't produce a tenth of what their own forces need. How exactly they are going to keep supplying India is a bit of a mystery to me. Not to mention the graphic daily proof that the Russian stuff is junk. 

Last but not least how exactly does India expect to deter China with Russian weapons when Russia is basically a wholly owned Chinese subsidiary at this point. I m still waiting for an explanation of how that works.

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Video of busses related to forced deportations, which is on going act of genocide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarRoom/comments/1391o9h/berdyansk_today_a_lot_of_evacuation_buses/

Steve

Exactly. A shiver runs down my spine with these kind of acts  even more than any individual case of torture, rape and execution ever could. What I don't understand that there is not more international outrage and pressure. When this happend inKherson there was practicly no international reaction. I did not read about it in any detail in german media.

I fear to imagine what happens to those people. Does any one has information on what happened to those in Kherson?

Edited by Anon052

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Column of buses from Berdiansk departing to NW areas of Zaporizhzhia oblast for evacuation. (maybe the same video, but I can't see it on Reddit)

Presumably evacuation zone range, due to mentions of settlements in the order of collaborationists authorities

Зображення

Most of population reportedly will be evacuated to Berdiansk and Mariupol so now we can't say about DEPORTATION. If civilians is dispaced later to Russia, then - yes. Germans during WWII always evacuated civilians from villages and sometime from towns in frontline zone under pain of death in order to reduce sabotage and don't distract themeselves on civilains. Red army almost didn't do in the same way, so often population, who hadn't time or opportunities to evacuate themselves on their own,  suffered heavy losses from warfare. So, in this case such decisions of both Germany then or Russia now allow to avoid risks of harm to civilians. Ukraine government, alas, almost year of war considered that "force evacuation from combat zone" is "not matching to democracy values", and only now this absolutely essential decision, which could save many lives recently, was at last passed

Reportedly, Russian occupants often loot houses, from where civilains already were evacuated, in some cases they set on fire houses. There were spotted many military trucks heading to Melitopol direction loaded with looted household appliances

Edited by Haiduk

So, now officially: Ukrainian air defense for the first time in history successfully intercepted "ininterceptable" Kh-47 "Kinzhal" missile on 4th of May with "Patriot". After a leak in the media and a day of denials and showdowns inside press-service, Air Force Command recognized this fact. 

Зображення

Edited by Haiduk

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

Past night in Bakhmut. Shower of flame.

Are those termite bombs effective against troops in apartment blocks? Or is it a sign that the Russians now just firing whatever shells they have left?

Edited by Bulletpoint

Wow. In Nizhny Novogrod bombed car reportedly heavily wounded famous nationalistic writer and commander Zakhar Prilepin and killed his driver.

We spoke about this person several times (former member of national bolsheviks), quite interesting biography compared to Donbas primitives. I happenned to read one of his books, which was odd experience- intelligence and good pen coupled with "mystique of totalitarianism" that completelly defies Western logic, which in turn lead to complete lack of empathy for victims of it (he glorified Stalin, but curiously become conservative).

It was expected for some time already he become a priority target; it seems some invisible hand kills those nationalists, and it is not vodka.

Edited by Beleg85

The second Orlan-20 "Cartographer" for three days was shot down. First was downed in Dnipro city area, this on over Kryvyi Rih, also the city of Dnipropetrovsk oblast. Likely Russians try to unveil places of vehicles, AD sites and troops locating, appointed to offensive

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Are those termite bombs effective against troops in apartment blocks? Or is it a sign that the Russians now just firing whatever shells they have left?

While I have no actual idea about effectiveness, I can say these videos always seem to coincide with a bout of complaining about lack of ammunition.

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Hard to say because Russia has periodically used Magnesium shells regularly since early in the war.  Almost exclusively, IIRC, on urban areas.

Steve

5 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Column of buses from Berdiansk departing to NW areas of Zaporizhzhia oblast for evacuation. (maybe the same video, but I can't see it on Reddit)

Presumably evacuation zone range, due to mentions of settlements in the order of collaborationists authorities

Зображення

Most of population reportedly will be evacuated to Berdiansk and Mariupol so now we can't say about DEPORTATION. If civilians is dispaced later to Russia, then - yes. Germans during WWII always evacuated civilians from villages and sometime from towns in frontline zone under pain of death in order to reduce sabotage and don't distract themeselves on civilains. Red army almost didn't do in the same way, so often population, who hadn't time or opportunities to evacuate themselves on their own,  suffered heavy losses from warfare. So, in this case such decisions of both Germany then or Russia now allow to avoid risks of harm to civilians. Ukraine government, alas, almost year of war considered that "force evacuation from combat zone" is "not matching to democracy values", and only now this absolutely essential decision, which could save many lives recently, was at last passed

Reportedly, Russian occupants often loot houses, from where civilains already were evacuated, in some cases they set on fire houses. There were spotted many military trucks heading to Melitopol direction loaded with looted household appliances

For sure some of these busses can be for collaborators and Russian civilian administrators.  They did the same for Kherson, so it is possible that's all this is.  It could also be that they forced all civilians from strategic towns they anticipate will be leveled.  However, if they are moving Ukrainian civilians the strategic purpose is to reduce the number of civilians that Ukraine has after the war.  Therefore, even relocating them to the south is part of the overall plan to reduce Ukraine's population.  It's just that for now they are still on occupied Ukrainian soil.

If Russia followed the rules of war, as I remember them, they would have to allow Ukrainian civilians the choice of going north as well as south.  So as far as I know, the forced relocation of civilians further south is a war crime.

Steve

Prigozhin is putting Kadyrov in a very bad spot by doing this. For all its manifest faults, Wagner could actually fill trenches with troops and launch attacks. Kadyrov cannot and if he really tries to he will be damaging his own power base in Chechnya directly. Yet another sign that Prigozhin lacks the ability to grab power. Months ago he was cooperating with Kadyrov to seize control of the MoD. Now he's burning that bridge.

6 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

For sure some of these busses can be for collaborators and Russian civilian administrators.  They did the same for Kherson, so it is possible that's all this is.  It could also be that they forced all civilians from strategic towns they anticipate will be leveled.  However, if they are moving Ukrainian civilians the strategic purpose is to reduce the number of civilians that Ukraine has after the war.  Therefore, even relocating them to the south is part of the overall plan to reduce Ukraine's population.  It's just that for now they are still on occupied Ukrainian soil.

If Russia followed the rules of war, as I remember them, they would have to allow Ukrainian civilians the choice of going north as well as south.  So as far as I know, the forced relocation of civilians further south is a war crime.

Steve

Also likely a propaganda effort. These sorts of scenes bring strong memories in the region: