How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Pro-Russian authorities in Zaporizhia region claim victory in annexation referendum

The pro-Russian occupation authorities in the Zaporizhzhia region of southern Ukraine this evening announced the victory of the "yes" vote in a referendum on annexation by Russia - a vote denounced as illegitimate by kyiv and Western countries.

The electoral commission of this region affirmed that 93.11% of the voters had voted for the attachment to Russia, after the counting of 100% of the ballots, while specifying that these were for the time being results preliminaries.

What a surprise ! 93.11 % ! 🤦‍♂️😂

And now we probably will watch activatin of new UKR sector of offensive - Svitlodarsk bulge.

Today HQ building of 7th LPR motor-rifle brigade in Brianka town was HIMARSed. All UKR offensives started with strikes on command centers. 7th MRB is one, who holds lines on Svitlodarsk bulge. 

Remains of HQ building.

Зображення

Зображення

Local public: There is no more a building of 7th brigade HQ. Allegedly 9 missiles. Blockages are removing

7th brigade write

Зображення

In short: HQ of 7th brigade really was wiped out. I will not tell about losses. Breakthrough of AFU took place near Novoluhanske. Not far from of this place our battalion was deployed. They have to be throw prisoners [he means PMC detachment from fromer jailed] there as far as the day before yestarday, but I didn't hear any news. On our positions nothing changed. But can change soon. I advice to prepera to Kahrkiv oblast scenario. Beware encirclement.

Answer: everybody are preparing to this, though our direction not the highes priorities for Ukies. But two our hospitals already moved closer to the rear. If they break into our defense, then we will be forced to withdraw our guys from Soledar/Artyomovsk [Russians still name Bakhmut on Soviet manner].  

Edited by Haiduk

So aside from threatening the remaining pipelines and other underwater infrastructure, and warning Germany from increasing aid to Ukraine, I want to point out the most serious problem if Russia is behind this is this is quite close to a act of war. If Russia tries to do it again, and NATO identifies the action, does NATO start what could potentially be a war? Or does it let Russia destroy European energy? The answer is obvious, NATO needs to stop the attack and then, I assume not retaliate, just sink the offending vessel. Then, dare Russia to declare war or back down. 
Dangerous times. Something else to note, that he does this now, it’s a signal to the West, let him have what he occupies now forever or he will escalate. And obviously, that is unacceptable for both Ukraine and the West. 

13 minutes ago, Harmon Rabb said:

Only 93.11%? Why not 100%?

The other 6.89% voted for the only other option on the ballot:

"Zaporizhia has never stopped being part of the Soviet Union, all glory to comrade Stalin, and any washing machines that may have been in my house were really the property of the Russian government".

16 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

And now we probably will watch activatin of new UKR sector of offensive - Svitlodarsk bulge.

Today HQ building of 7th LPR motor-rifle brigade in Brianka town was HIMARSed. All UKR offensives started with strikes on command centers. 7th MRB is one, who holds lines on Svitlodarsk bulge. 

Remains of HQ building.

Зображення

Зображення

Local public: There is no more a building of 7th brigade HQ. Allegedly 9 missiles. Blockages are removing

7th brigade write

Зображення

In short: HQ of 7th brigade really was wiped out. I will not tell about losses. Breakthrough of AFU took place near Novoluhanske. Not far from of this place our battalion was deployed. They have to be throw prisoners [he means PMC detachment from fromer jailed] there as far as the day before yestarday, but I didn't hear any news. On our positions nothing changed. But can change soon. I advice to prepera to Kahrkiv oblast scenario. Beware encirclement.

Answer: everybody are preparing to this, though our direction not the highes priorities for Ukies. But two our hospitals already moved closer to the rear. If they break into our defense, then we will be forced to withdraw our guys from Soledar/Artyomovsk [Russians still name Bakhmut on Soviet manner].  

intersting, no major sources are catching up to this

21 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I must admit in that respect I could have been an American. 

As America is pouring it on in Ukraine, working on the containment of China and rearmament of Taiwan, building Australia's sub fleet, etc, etc. I mean I get it, you aren't a fan but let's stick somewhat to reality here.

1 minute ago, billbindc said:

As America is pouring it on in Ukraine, working on the containment of China and rearmament of Taiwan, building Australia's sub fleet, etc, etc. I mean I get it, you aren't a fan but let's stick somewhat to reality here.

Not that I agree with Aragorn in this, but France wasn't particularly happy about that sub deal.

1 minute ago, billbindc said:

I'm far from anti-American, I'm just more pro-European.

1 hour ago, FancyCat said:

The Dingo fiasco - 

Would you rather have the government stick to what it once said and never deliver anything or isn't it better they "cave" and reconsider?

U.S Embassy Berlin quote tweeting a BILD article where Scholz denies tanks to Ukraine, calling for all aid possible to Ukraine be given, and is up to the individual country to decide. - 

That's terribly generous of her 😉. It was, of course, always up to each individual country to decide. And if that's true than each individual country can decide against it. Which, by the way, ever individual country did with domestic development and production did. I didn't argue Germany was not allowed to do it, just that other countries (who were free to decide themselves) so far denied tanks to Ukraine, too.

Inspector General of the German Navy - remarking directly with Indian counterparts. 

And he was suspended for it, wasn't he?

No Marders to Ukraine - 

Indeed, see what I wrote about IFVs in all the previous posts and my answer to that quote above.

This was in April, even with logistical and training issues, surely after months, Ukraine would be able to field a force if Germany had the guts to start then. - 

Yes. However, the industry doesn't get to decide what to do in Germany, it is our democratically elected government. And that is a good thing, whether I like my government or not.

If Germany is making such grand statements

"Germany" isn't making anything here, it is our defence secretary. Lambrecht is absolutely the wrong person for the job, no one in his right mind will argue against that (she didn't even want the job). Now really, which politician doesn't do grand statements which he/she afterwards can't fulfill? "I will build a wall and Mexiko is going to pay for it."... "We send the EU 350 mln pounds a week. Let's fund our NHS with it"... just to name two.

Do you need receipts on former Chancellor Schröder? Do you need receipts on Russia erasing Ukrainian contribution to Soviet victory? - 

I don't know what you are trying to say here, really. So a Museum which had "Russian" in its name changed that after the war started. Would you rather it had not?

So, can we now please stop these useless accusations? I could rant all day about the sins and failings of other countries, starting with the USA. We can certainly discuss all that - I do like a good discussion and without contrary opinions it is boring - but then I ask we do it a) in a civilised way and b) in way that shows a minimum of self-critical attitude.

Edited by Butschi

8 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

It would give the US the ability to put more pressure on NATO and the EU. We all know that it's about power, not about being palls. 

Correct.   Countries don't have friends, they have shared interests.    People in this forum is forgetting that little fundamental reality...