2022, the Year In Preview!

22 hours ago, RescueToaster said:

so I'd guess (and I also hope) it will be on or around the 78th anniversary of D-Day

I wonder how many times people have mentioned that about a release of a new CM-game or a new module? I think the release might be some time after June.

5 hours ago, BornGinger said:

I wonder how many times people have mentioned that about a release of a new CM-game or a new module? I think the release might be some time after June.

I've only been on the forums for about a year now, so I can't really say.. but, I'd guess it happens too often to count!  I'm just going off of what BFCElvis said about a month ago (May 9th), though. That they are shooting for a June release followed sometime later with the new module.

To be honest, I don't really mind when it releases on Steam because I plan to buy it on Batlefront. I'm just kind of swept up in everyone else's release window excitement 😁

I know it because of pbem which takes a hell of a time To impliment into  the game , the question is will this also be the same for all other ww2 combat missions that will follow up just after battle for Normandy release , like red thunder for example which is to be released just after battle for Normandy and thanks for anyone who will at least try to answer me ^^ 

Edited by Massinissa

5 hours ago, Massinissa said:

what are the differences between the one that is on the battlefront main games and the ones that are releasing on steam and matrix ? 

Nothing but the packaging and a difference in where some files are located on your HD.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:59 PM, Samuzy said:

Really want to buy BfN on steam since I do not have any other way of buying it but it seems like it wont release anytime soon, atleast thats my impression after reading this whole conversation

It’s available direct from the website, why can’t you buy it from there? You will also get a Steam key when it is released  

https://www.battlefront.com/battle-for-normandy/cmbn-big-bundle/

MMM

2 hours ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

It’s available direct from the website, why can’t you buy it from there? You will also get a Steam key when it is released  

https://www.battlefront.com/battle-for-normandy/cmbn-big-bundle/

MMM

Just dont really have the means to buy it on the ways it would be bought here on the website, but that doesnt matter too much. Also someone said it might release today because of D-Day Anniversary but nothing from the devs so far so apparently not.

6 hours ago, Samuzy said:

Also someone said it might release today because of D-Day Anniversary

I do not think we have ever seen BFC intentionally release a game or pack on an anniversary. They are big believers in releasing when the product is ready instead of forcing something out that isn't yet fully baked.

52 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Ah, the mysterious Mr. Someone. I never trust a word he says.

Was said in the same discussion "page" 9, but yeah you are right. Still sad it didnt come out today.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:03 AM, Massinissa said:

I know it because of pbem which takes a hell of a time To impliment into  the game , the question is will this also be the same for all other ww2 combat missions that will follow up just after battle for Normandy release , like red thunder for example which is to be released just after battle for Normandy and thanks for anyone who will at least try to answer me ^^ 

The June window is fading. We're getting the tournament feature in before releasing it on Steam. Why I think the window for Steam release in June is closing is because Sltherine/Matrix have marketing schedules and Steam approval. A Battlefront release is somefink that we've always been able to do "when it's finished". There have been Battlefront releases where the final build was double checked in the morning and I've released it by noon. That isn't the way things work when someone else is publishing your work through a system that you don't control. Fortunately, anyone that wants Battle for Normandy can get it today (https://www.battlefront.com/battle-for-normandy/) and, as with the other releases on Steam, you'll be able to get a Steam key at no charge when it's released there. 

Unless I'm instructed otherwise, as soon as the tournament feature is in, I expect to release it for the Battlefront versions. There won't be a tournament to play at that time but PBEM++ will be in it.  When you see that patch released, you'll know that the Steam and Matrix versions have been sent out. At that point they'll likely give us a release date.

How soon until the feature is finished? That could be very soon. I played a complete 4 person Cold War tournament last week. I was all 4 players (it's much faster playing all the participants than waiting for another player to play their side. Also, it guaranteed that I'd win the first tournament). 

19 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Instead, can I ask about the other scheduled BPs etc. - are they still on their way?

Both Packs are moving along nicely. The CMBN Pack will be ready "when it's finished". The CMRT looks like it's ahead of schedule for when CMRT is released on Steam.....which is when the Pack will also be released. 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Charlemagne said:

I hope you will dedicate some time to fixing some of the many bugs that have been reported over the years. 

Nice to see someone even older than me in here. As for bugs, I don't think bridges will ever be fixed. I recently had 1-SMG Team, 2- HQs, and a tank all stuck on a railway bridge in Berlin. I was not a happy old puritan.

Yeah those Berlin bridges (specifically rail) are best for show. I assume they get weird because of the large use of elevated ground around the bridges which confuses their pathfinding.

Edited by Artkin

I gotta say I am super excited for this. It'd be nice to see the Gaz and KamAZ ingame considering how many cabovers the Russian army has nowadays. The variety of their fleet is nuts.

Edited by Artkin

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Yeah those Berlin bridges (specifically rail) are best for show. I assume they get weird because of the large use of elevated ground around the bridges which confuses their pathfinding.

Yes, a partially collapsed section of rail bridge was the culprit. Ho hum.