Official Discord Server Combat Mission

43 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

his invite doesn't work on my Mac.

I was downloading it on my PC and a warning showed up so I canceled it. It may be the reason for your Mac too. I just wait till something more trustworthy comes along. '

discord.jpg

Edited by chuckdyke

15 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

@Roby7979  This invite doesn't work on my Mac. It returns and error that says the url is not recognized in Mac OS. Impossible to get there.

Dave

If you are logged into Discord you should be able to go to the lower left where there is a “ + “ sign among your other discord server icons. Click it and one of the options is “already have an invite?”

It will let you input the server invite URL 

3 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

I was downloading it on my PC and a warning showed up so I canceled it. It may be the reason for your Mac too. I just wait till something more trustworthy comes along. '

discord.jpg

Nope. Was just going to the website. It’s the URL it didn’t like. Bud had the answer. 

Dave

On 12/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, Grey_Fox said:

huh, you ever been on it?

I am on the "unofficial" server and the quality of the admin team leaves something to be desired. There is a lot of "good old boys" atmosphere that allows their preferred users to act without moderation.

https://imgur.com/a/o0AgROV
bee6.PNG.58377cda47195c3342eb69944b07122f.PNGbee4.PNG.ed9119bedc88879859c833f4030e848d.PNG

@MikeyD and @Bootie may be interested in this. But this sort of content has been posted for MONTHS without reaction from the mod team and in some cases in conversations they are participating in.

Edited by Pelican Pal
adding images

1 hour ago, Pelican Pal said:

I am on the "unofficial" server and the quality of the admin team leaves something to be desired. There is a lot of "good old boys" atmosphere that allows their preferred users to act without moderation.

https://imgur.com/a/o0AgROV
bee6.PNG.58377cda47195c3342eb69944b07122f.PNGbee4.PNG.ed9119bedc88879859c833f4030e848d.PNG

@MikeyD and @Bootie may be interested in this. But this sort of content has been posted for MONTHS without reaction from the mod team and in some cases in conversations they are participating in.

Regarding the bootie comment, beeron was publicly admonished by a mod:
image.png.1e74cf31a154557b801f67ce190e918f.png

Regarding the MikeyD comment, well it was more a commentary on the quality of some of the work.

image.thumb.png.d6458c78b787501e29de0d66ecb46c66.png

Then again neither I nor you are a mod, so we wouldn't know if it were dealt with in a less public manner.

Would it have been better had the comments been deleted?

From the looks of it you seem to be saving up screenshots to use at opportune moments.

Lastly I don't think it's wrong to critique work. Some of the textures objectively could have been done much better and there are valid complaints to be made.

Edited by Grey_Fox

21 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

Would it have been better had the comments been deleted?

I would expect an official warning and if personal attacks were continued a ban to administered.

The comment by Punky does not read like an official warning and again there has been a continuance of the same action over a nearly 6 month period.

7/22/21

10/06/21

11/08/21

11/15/21

12/04/21

From the looks of it you seem to be saving up screenshots to use at opportune moments.

Not quite. These are all freely searchable currently on their discord and Artkin/Redwolfs comments reminded me of seeing the 12/04/21 comment which bothered me then. From that point on it was trivial to find the theme by searching for "retard".

Lastly I don't think it's wrong to critique work. Some of the textures objectively could have been done much better and there are valid complaints to be made.

I don't disagree about critiquing work but there is a difference between doing that and calling someone "a dumb fat piece of ****" or an "Incompetent piece of ****".

Edited by Pelican Pal
edit

40 minutes ago, Pelican Pal said:

Not quite. These are all freely searchable currently on their discord and Artkin/Redwolfs comments reminded me of seeing the 12/04/21 comment which bothered me then. From that point on it was trivial to find the theme by searching for "retard".

I think it's closer to "yes quite" since your screenshots have different avatars to those that are currently being used, which is a clear indication that they were taken some time prior to you using them now. See my screenshots and compare them with yours.

There have been 12 uses of the term "retard" in the last 30 days.

There have been 139 uses of the term "retard" since 24 September 2020.

Most uses of the term seem to be people calling themselves "retarded".

I'm not sure the narrative you're trying to create works out.

Edited by Grey_Fox

Capture.JPG.a6e2c74086e3666fbf08e608cfa1041e.JPGRIP i've been got.

5 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

I think it's closer to "yes quite" since your screenshots have different avatars to those that are currently being used, which is a clear indication that they were taken some time prior to you using them now. See my screenshots and compare them with yours.

• BFCElvis locked and unpinned this topic