Black Sea Terrain WIP - Frostbite

Just attaching some screenshots of a terrain I'm working on. As it stands it will be a standalone scenario, though the more progress I make, I'm having thoughts of a mini-campaign playing as the UKR. Will update thread with screenshots after work. File sizes are too large to directly upload.

Edited by Rooks And Kings

57 minutes ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Looks great, but CMBS scenarios are currently set between June - August. Cannot reflect winter conditions in the present modelling of summer terrain.

Meaning it's just eye candy, yes??

Despite this, you can choose "cold" and "freesing" temperature

2 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Looks great, but CMBS scenarios are currently set between June - August. Cannot reflect winter conditions in the present modelling of summer terrain.

Meaning it's just eye candy, yes??

I can try my best to simulate the conditions. Damp ground / Freezing or Cold temp etc. The date will just have to be forgotten by the player. Technically it is eye candy, but I enjoy making good looking terrain. Regardless, it's content that people can play and in my eyes BS needs some more. 

Great detail - well done. Good slight rises here and there where they would be realistically. You also punched the streams down one level, which generally makes sense, and provides cover for infantry or vehicles into risks.

There's a few other map tricks I and others use to approximate the way the world looks as best as able-

-Tall Yellow Grass under fencing in areas where it isn't generally trafficked by foot, also works along walls. This also adds LoS cover for infantry where one could expect it in real life.

-Tall Grass types along the streams in areas where it gets overgrown. Maybe some rare tiles of mud, if they aren't overly annoying in game-terms. The extra cover works well for infantry in a game that pretty often rewards realistic-terrain maps with good gameplay.

I play a good deal at the ground or near level, and these things matter in looks and game-play when zoomed in. Looking forward to it.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:17 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I believe that's one of @37mm's products.....He's a creative chap.

Any chance of getting a copy of the blank map when its done please?

Not mine... I believe the CMBS Winter mod was made by the same guys who made the CMRT winter mod so that's primarily @kohlenklau, @Worghern , @Aristoteles & @benpark.

Plus BFC themselves as the Gustav Line module introduced winter conditions & terrain which then got ported around.

It should be noted that all seasonal modtags, official or unnofficial, are basically just "eye candy"... only particularly deep snow or extremely cold temperatures really change in-game conditions & most scenario creators avoid these extremes anyway.