So when will the next project be officially announced?

On 5/9/2021 at 7:00 AM, Erwin said:

And that is what deters most people I would think.  How many lucky folks have time to put in thousands of man-hours?  You want to rebuild a car, hire pros, or buy one.  Wanna build a house, get builders - one doesn't go to contractor school and do it yourself - unless of course one has a passion for car restoration or house building.  Most of us just want to drive or live in one.

I recall spending hundreds of hours designing stuff for CM1... almost gave me a nervous breakdown.  Vowed "never again".  Fortunately, there are many talented folks who enjoy this sort of project and they deserve all our encouragement and thanks.  It would be interested to get a rough idea of what it costs to build a module - assuming of course that BF permits use of their tech.

Yeah same here.  Hell just doing a scenario...  :P  I expect a good part of module costs are driven by how much art work and animation is required.  A significant portion of CMSF was I believe able to be reused for CMCW which helped, but then project creep seeps in and things start getting added.  :D  Then there is the campaign and scenario creation, map making etc.  A lot of beta testers contributed, but the coordination effort is still there.  It isn't a job for the meek, but the folks behind this just wanted it that much and convinced Steve and company they could handle it.  My impression is it was a huge success, but I would bet that you won't see too many of these.  The core work of animations, art work, ToE and engine work is still very much the BF crew.

I faintly remember Steve(?) writing at some point that there will be no more completely reprogrammed CM (=CMx3) beyond CMx2. It is probably more realistic to expect CMx2 v5,6,7....

Apart from that I bet on a CM Afrika Corps as next full game.
1) No need to make new graphics for the landscape.
2) American forces participated.

My second bet is the Korean War set.

1 hour ago, Scipio said:

From your mouth to God's/Steve's ears...   

Altho' really enjoyed the early desert war with the arrival of Rommel and the Brits etc that one could fight in CM1.

Edited by Erwin

3 hours ago, Scipio said:

For the next full game after the Commonwealth module, which takes CM:FB to VE-Day? My credit card is loaded...

Next project they're going for the BIG bucks. 'My Little Pony' iphone roleplay game for the Japanese schoolgirl market. :P

That's an old joke of mine, I usually post it on threads that are criticizing BFC's business model because it doesn't operate the same as (insert high profile game company name here). If BFC was only in it for the big bucks we'd be seeing a very different product out of them. We're lucky their passions and our passions coincide.

I don't see any criticism of anybody's business model in this thread.  Can you point out the criticism please.  

Other forums feature seemingly endless "wish lists" for things they dream about.  Presumably their wish list if more appropriate to the official, or your, agenda.  eg: Some of us consider yet another Red Thunder/late war module to be a waste of resources just to get a few extra late-war units.  

We're already in May '45 with Red Thunder after the Fire & Rubble module, so what's to follow?

The only criticism I have of the business model, if you want to call it that, is that the maps are not interchangeable between the different main titles. This would simplify the scenario design and increase the number of Quick Battle maps.

On 5/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, Scipio said:

We're already in May '45 with Red Thunder after the Fire & Rubble module, so what's to follow?

The only criticism I have of the business model, if you want to call it that, is that the maps are not interchangeable between the different main titles. This would simplify the scenario design and increase the number of Quick Battle maps.

AGREED

After much considered deliberation (meaning watching youtube vids of upcoming APCs and tanks), I have decided that BFC's next game will be set around 2025 w US/Euro-types vs Russia in Europe or Ukraine or Baltics or some such.  This allows for use of existing terrain though does require lots of new vehicles.  The brits will get Challenger 3s and Boxers, for example. 

Now that I've made the decision for the direction of BFC, they can get properly focused on this project. 

Battles will be set in all seasons w all major forces in the first release, which will come out in the third week of some month of some year sometime.

9 hours ago, danfrodo said:

After much considered deliberation (meaning watching youtube vids of upcoming APCs and tanks), I have decided that BFC's next game will be set around 2025 w US/Euro-types vs Russia in Europe or Ukraine or Baltics or some such.  This allows for use of existing terrain though does require lots of new vehicles.  The brits will get Challenger 3s and Boxers, for example. 

Now that I've made the decision for the direction of BFC, they can get properly focused on this project. 

Battles will be set in all seasons w all major forces in the first release, which will come out in the third week of some month of some year sometime.

😁

So glad you've finally decided, Dan.

Edited by Aragorn2002