So when will the next project be officially announced?

Not that we don't appreciate Fire and Rubble and especially Cold War coming from out of the blue. Tea leaves say it will be the Black Sea Marines module but we might get surprised again ( or have I missed an official post?).   

2 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Not that we don't appreciate Fire and Rubble and especially Cold War coming from out of the blue. Tea leaves say it will be the Black Sea Marines module but we might get surprised again ( or have I missed an official post?).   

Not sure, but Steve said an RT 2.12 patch will be a while coming as the focus will be on other things.  Not sure which things but whatever works 👍.

46 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Last year sucked for soooo many reasons. The BFC bosses may want to get their newly vaccinated selves out into the sunshine having fun for awhile. And if that isn't their plan I've got to ask WHY ISN'T IT??!!

😷

Yes, certainly well deserved. Output for this year is stellar, to say the least. Update 5 and Commonwealth module to get CM:FB to VE-Day would be very nice topics for 2022. I guess they also have an idea or two about what comes next in their pipeline.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, SimpleSimon said:

One of my big wishes (Cold War) has been granted. Here's to hoping history will predict the future and we'll all get Combat Mission Blitzkrieg

*whistles*

giphy.gif

Combat Mission NORTH AFRIKA!

*whistles* *whistles*

🙂

We Afrika Korps (and Early War) fans really have to make the same or more noise that the CW folks did.  I remain very disappointed that after buying all BF products to support them on the understanding that they would eventually get to Early War as promised, we are let down.  Seems that BF is going after the lowest common denominator US mass market (such as it is for wargames).   Can't blame BF for wanting to make more money for their retirement etc.  But, it is sad.

I still want to see A-stan brought into the 4.0 hemisphere. Steve commented a while back that he was gonna ask Snowball (or whomever they are now) if they'd be interested.

Mord.

Also IIRC CMA seems to have different graphics.  I know that skins and perhaps uniforms are not done the same way as all the other CM2 titles.  It's as if Snowball wanted to create something that would force BF to use them for future modules etc.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, Erwin said:

We Afrika Korps (and Early War) fans really have to make the same or more noise that the CW folks did.  I remain very disappointed that after buying all BF products to support them on the understanding that they would eventually get to Early War as promised, we are let down.  Seems that BF is going after the lowest common denominator US mass market (such as it is for wargames).   Can't blame BF for wanting to make more money for their retirement etc.  But, it is sad.

it might be worth noting that we got CMCW not by just asking over and over for it but because a couple people actually put in the sweat to do the project.  They had a lot of work even convincing BF that they could manage it.  If you really want it you may have to do a bit more than just keep asking.

17 hours ago, Erwin said:

I seriously doubt if I have the money to fund a complete game.  But, assuming one can get BF permission/contract (and assuming the demand is there) maybe this could be a crowd funding project(?)

Funding wasn't the question.  Blood and sweat to actually develop the game was what the Capt and Bil put in... a lot of it.

On 5/7/2021 at 2:54 AM, Erwin said:

Also IIRC CMA seems to have different graphics.  I know that skins and perhaps uniforms are not done the same way as all the other CM2 titles.  It's as if Snowball wanted to create something that would force BF to use them for future modules etc.

BFC would inevitably create new soldier models anyway (if only to add the bump shader effects)... they already did this for the CMSF upgrade &, I believe, for the CMBN/CMFI engine 3 upgrades.

Snowball merged with 1C-SoftClub... so, if BFC require their permission, they would presumably have to talk to them.

7 hours ago, sburke said:

Funding wasn't the question.  Blood and sweat to actually develop the game was what the Capt and Bil put in... a lot of it.

And that is what deters most people I would think.  How many lucky folks have time to put in thousands of man-hours?  You want to rebuild a car, hire pros, or buy one.  Wanna build a house, get builders - one doesn't go to contractor school and do it yourself - unless of course one has a passion for car restoration or house building.  Most of us just want to drive or live in one.

I recall spending hundreds of hours designing stuff for CM1... almost gave me a nervous breakdown.  Vowed "never again".  Fortunately, there are many talented folks who enjoy this sort of project and they deserve all our encouragement and thanks.  It would be interested to get a rough idea of what it costs to build a module - assuming of course that BF permits use of their tech.