Reworked Battle Pack 1 campaign is available for download

BFCElvis

On 2/28/2021 at 10:53 PM, cbennett88 said:

Any idea on what changed? I haven't played that campaign in so long, I'm not sure I would notice changes if I didn't know what to look for...

No but judging by the number of people commenting about units mentioned in the briefing but not showing up in individual campaign scenarios, I suspect that the new campaign has fixed up those oddities and any other reported flaws of a similar nature.

• 6 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 11:39 PM, Combatintman said:

No but judging by the number of people commenting about units mentioned in the briefing but not showing up in individual campaign scenarios, I suspect that the new campaign has fixed up those oddities and any other reported flaws of a similar nature.

There still seem to be some isues with the VP Tally.....I played the first mission as 'Blue' as I could:

fbAtfpt.jpg

cJFYGBk.jpg

Paramaters seem to make up a fair chunk of the total VPs, but Blue doesn't have a value for Friendly Casualties, which TBH seems rather counterintuitive in a campaign like this one.  :unsure:

It's fun to play, but that outcome left me feeling a bit underwhelmed.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 2/18/2021 at 9:25 AM, BFCElvis said:

Imperial Grunt has cleaned up the Black Sea Battle Pack 1 campaign "Charge of the Stryker Brigade". It is now available for download on the Patches page

Please remember, this campaign is part of Battle Pack 1, so Battle Pack 1 is required.

I thought I had the new version but I see it what I have is dated 3/31/2017.  However, even after I log in, and click on the link I get "INVALID LINK".

Am reinstalling the full installer.  Hopefully the latest version is now a part of that.

NOPE...  Did a full reinstall and this campaign still has the 3/31/2017 date.  Strange.

Edited by Erwin

There's nothing broken per-se.....The units match the Briefings now and it's fun to play, but it's very hard to score a victory, at least in the early scenarios (mostly for VP balance reasons IMHO), but without having the full decompiled campaign to look at it's not really fair for me to comment beyond that.

Suffice it to say that I have been disappointed with my results, not with the game play (which is actually kind of exciting).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2022 at 4:43 AM, Der Zeitgeist said:

Apparently, this reworked campaign still isn't integrated into the Steam version. Can we expect this at some point?

Maybe it will sent with the next patch.

You can download it from our patches page and place it in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission Black Sea\Game Files\Campaigns and have it right now.

• 4 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I am on battle #3 and noticed that twice I didn't get my mortars at the battle start.  Then I looked at the date on my campaign vs the date of this patch.  I gotta start over.  And only myself to blame.  I feel like Putin right now, simply not properly checking the data before starting a war.

• 1 year later...