Will Russia Attack Ukraine in September?

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Betcha America invades somewhere new long before Russia does.  :P

You are going to have to explain me what real relevance whatever the Americans do in the Middle East has to Russians ambitions in Eastern Europe, and why Ukraine and its allies shouldnt prepare for them. 

I was wondering if Russia will attack any country this Friday.......................I was told by the Munchkins that this is the best place to visit to find out....morally, ethically, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely, undeniably and reliably..........so will they? 

8 hours ago, CHEqTRO said:

You are going to have to explain me what real relevance whatever the Americans do in the Middle East has to Russians ambitions in Eastern Europe, and why Ukraine and its allies shouldnt prepare for them.

Are you taking the bet or not.....If so, how much?  :mellow:

Don't see the relevance indeed. It's not like USA has annexed Crimea or has soldiers vacationing inside East Ukraine, against the wishes of Ukr government. So, from there this thread started; whether the attack was likely or not.

USA does have it's own fair share of military endeavors (no fan of their foreign policy usually), but that doesn't undo what Russia does.

Anyway I read the thread more like 'new possible cause for friction in the 'semi dormant' conflict between Russia and Ukraine, taking place inside East-Ukraine as we all have been able to know about.

Ukrainian parliament passed a law, which allow presense up to 2000 US troops and up to 2000 other NATO-countries troops on own territory during 2021 year (in 2020 was on 1000 men less). Also this law allows deployment of military vehicles and up to 10 planes. 

In the same day after a conversation between Biden and Putin, Russian police and FSB began mass detentions of Navalny activists and followers before next wave of protests, appointed to this weekend. If Putin's force stuctures didn't cut off this protests with all cruelty, then tensions inside Russia will grow up to mass anti-Putin rallies and even probable withstanding with police. Unstable situation in Russia is good for us, but... this can induce Putin to switch people's attention on other subject. Can it be sharpening on Donbas? New campaign in Syria or Lybia? Or crusade for water? The war always was best way to unite nation around leader if the inner situation threatens to his power. Next months will show.

Edited by Haiduk

21 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Given our changing climate, Russia's looking like an increasingly attractive spot:

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-big-thaw-how-russia-could-dominate-a-warming-world?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

Of course that couldn't be a factor in NATO's persistent belligerence.....Could it?  :unsure:

If you live in GB? It does not matter, whre you move.  It will rain less there anyway 😄