Will Russia Attack Ukraine in September?

On 9/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, Holien said:

what would a Republican presidency be without a war. I wonder how he will square it with his Russian pals.  

So you take a shot at two different nations, not your own, and a political party during an election year all in violation of forum rules.  

On 9/22/2020 at 7:25 PM, HUSKER2142 said:

@Battlefront.com @BFCElvis

I suggest closing the topic or temporarily freezing it. Since such topics do not come to anything good.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:31 AM, Holien said:

if folk are annoyed by my tongue in cheek comments I will delete them. 

Your offer to delete came on the 23rd, the following day.  I don't think you could have deleted your rule violating political comment at that point if you wanted to.  Did you even try?  Why do have a history of bringing politics into this forum in the first place?  Is it because you expect the rest of us will probably follow the rules and not reply?  This thread is an interesting topic in a generally friendly forum.  Why not make an honest attempt to follow the rules and keep it that way?      

21 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I thought you preferred the scuffed up, weathered look ...

For ground forces.  I believe the photo is of a naval unit, but I may be wrong...

Lots of opportunity for more prettiness:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cruise+ship+colorful+designs&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ckkFAcDdMACGlM%2CbTKwLgpSv9lplM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTbolDK44dY9PuN_lXfaQApzE8LDw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjhpezf253sAhVDCM0KHQlzBvcQ9QF6BAgKEEs#imgrc=ckkFAcDdMACGlM

Edited by Erwin

Good to see the tactics of advance (around the 3 minute mark) - but note how many units they have on a large "map".  In the CM games one rarely sees that many units.  That's why I doubt that RL tactics work in the CM game.  Scenarios rarely provide players with the quantity to make the RL Russian tactics work.

19 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Good to see the tactics of advance (around the 3 minute mark) - but note how many units they have on a large "map".  In the CM games one rarely sees that many units.  That's why I doubt that RL tactics work in the CM game.  Scenarios rarely provide players with the quantity to make the RL Russian tactics work.

First, this is an exercise.
Second, around the 3min mark they seem to be on the move operationally, not anywhere near enemy. You can test out your theory about that tactic in CM very well, put a lot of Tigr and some transport trucks in the same formation in open field. Drive them around using the 'tactics of advance' with any enemy unit near.
Chances are that they will take significant casualties against any serious opposition.

Now without any enemy near this tactic of advance works very good for putting KMs on the dash ;-).

Edited by Lethaface

A

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

At that bit they are moving towards loading area into the helicopters. The assumption would be that this movement is being done in the rear so to speak.

The 31st Air Assault Brigade was using airlifts to enable the larger force to conduct counter strokes, from what I remember.

Edited by ikalugin

The post of twitter account Bottema37:

Even when the ships aren't on AIS you can find something interesting, it just take more time

All is done on size and colour of the ships found, and of course other OSINT sources like Twitter.

EkOIVZsWoAAseYH?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Haiduk

Meanwhile, even in Sevastopol, where situation with water was better than in other parts of Crimea, local occupatin authorities have introduced the regime of high alert, due to shortening of water reserves - the water left only for 81 days.

https://ria.ru/20201013/voda-1579652133.html

Kremlin give to the Crimea additional 5 billions of rubles for "water problem", but all what can do local puppets - to drill new artesian wells, which give only short-time effect and to dig new water reservoir for Sevastopol purpose, but for this needs to block the small river - this will cut off villages, located upstream and will affect local ecology system. Local settlers are opposing to these plans, but what is needs of "villains", when the main city of Black Sea Fleet needs stable water supply!

Edited by Haiduk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...