Jump to content

Heaven & Earth: The Delta


37mm
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Is there an air guitar contest in the town btw? 

I'm currently working on a heavily modified variant of the northeastern corner of the delta, basically it's one of my mini-MOUT maps, with a fairly sizeable chunk of rice-paddy and beachfront terrain appended.....Among the buildings there is a cinema, readily identifiable by the posters outside:

41o3mNKNGNL.jpg51NDw4YKLxL.jpg51mTUC8tkBL.jpg

Apparently, the one in the middle was very popular with the locals.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, grungar said:

looks great. I like the depth to it. is that due to the mod or is it a shader mod?

The modpack comes with a variant of @BarbaricCo 's "advanced movie shaders" so that's probably what you're seeing.

I do use reshade on top of that... but I mostly stick to a few subtle effects (a bit of sharpening, some SMAA).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the nice thing on shader files (blur_shader.frag in particular) is that these can be mod tagged and thus assigned to single missions individually. I like tweaking simple things like lightness, contrast and  color saturation to adapt maps to certain our non dynamic weather settings. I.e gloomier for rainy day forest fighting or fine tuning dry/sunny weather. Oftenly it´s more effective than actual terrain and object texture modding and that with simple means. Btw, did anybody try mod tagging files for campaigns yet? I mean do the mod tags for the campaigns first mission sets files in use for all follow up missions, or do missions load and set these individually too (after campaign file baking)? :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2019 at 2:57 AM, RockinHarry said:

the nice thing on shader files (blur_shader.frag in particular) is that these can be mod tagged and thus assigned to single missions individually. I like tweaking simple things like lightness, contrast and  color saturation to adapt maps to certain our non dynamic weather settings. I.e gloomier for rainy day forest fighting or fine tuning dry/sunny weather. Oftenly it´s more effective than actual terrain and object texture modding and that with simple means. Btw, did anybody try mod tagging files for campaigns yet? I mean do the mod tags for the campaigns first mission sets files in use for all follow up missions, or do missions load and set these individually too (after campaign file baking)? :unsure:

Tags are loaded at an individual scenario level... a campaign maker using Heaven & Earth could, for instance, set their first scenario in the (default) lowlands, their second in flat inland delta ([paddies] tag), their third scenario in the highlands ([mountains] tag) & their fourth in a large war-torn city ([ikke] tag).

The above video uses our [delta] tag & is used to represent coastal regions, islands etc.

21 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Also, what is that music from, please? Really like it.

It's in the video description.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Tags are loaded at an individual scenario level... a campaign maker using Heaven & Earth could, for instance, set their first scenario in the (default) lowlands, their second in flat inland delta ([paddies] tag), their third scenario in the highlands ([mountains] tag) & their fourth in a large war-torn city ([ikke] tag).

My mini-campaign will take a wander up into the highlands.....It goes downhill after that!  ;)

Seriously!  :ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 37mm said:

Tags are loaded at an individual scenario level... a campaign maker using Heaven & Earth could, for instance, set their first scenario in the (default) lowlands, their second in flat inland delta ([paddies] tag), their third scenario in the highlands ([mountains] tag) & their fourth in a large war-torn city ([ikke] tag).

The above video uses our [delta] tag & is used to represent coastal regions, islands etc.

It's in the video description.

Thanks, that´s what I meant. Required mod package can grow quite large I think. Working on similar stuff for my Siegfried line Campaign series for CMBN/CMFB, though I can´t make use of axtra assets created from Blender exports unfortunately. :mellow: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:30 AM, 37mm said:

@puje did say something about making an optional intro.wmv himself.

I think this is off my to-do list for now :) The campaign is taking a lot of work. 

If you want to use something else, be my guest.

Edited by puje
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

Sadly, I don't think I could play this.

Much the same as the TOC scenario, I don't think I could muscle through a scenario with an average of nine frames per second.

It does look freaking amazing though.

I apologize, please forgive me if some of my (questionable) "artistic" decisions, with regards the video, have given you that impression.

I'm not sure whether or not @puje intends to cut the master map up into sections for his campaign however it doesn't matter either way... if you follow the suggestions  in the H&E manual (basically play on "balanced" 3d Model Quality) you will have more than adequate fps.

Even on a complex map like 'The Delta'.

If you watch the video again, you will notice that the fps only drops when I'm trying to get distant (sometimes very distant) foilage to be visible, usually in a panning shot of some kind.

All normal 'close up' shots & standard play shots (say the scene with the APC's) run perfectly fine.

For a far better view of what a typical H&E scenario might play like, I'd recommend @Aquila-CM's playtest of the first scenario in @Sgt.Squarehead's campaign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, General Jack Ripper said:

Sadly, I don't think I could play this.

Much the same as the TOC scenario, I don't think I could muscle through a scenario with an average of nine frames per second.

It does look freaking amazing though.

I've recently playtested one of the larger (if not the largest) scenarios @puje has made for this map.

I played on the, recommended for H&E, balanced "3d model quality" setting & the fps, as far as I could tell, never dropped below 30.

I'm confident everyone will be able to play H&E.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...