Who else would buy an animation DLC/Expansion

I'd pay decent money for an Inf animation upgrade pack. All animations improved esp "hunt". Close Combat animations etc pretty much what ever isn't animated at the moment plus some more varied soldier movements while not moving, maybe things like if they haven't moved for awhile some start to sit down if no immediate threat present etc etc, fixing uniform, checking weapon, tie boot laces, brush themselves down maybe summer has it's own animations for instance swatting a fly or mosquito. Just to make the more real looking really..

Imagine every time you gave a unit a different type of movement order then the Squad leader would actually do the hand signals specific for each type of order!

Edited by Wodin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, i would however shell out for some useless vehicles and equipment like the Hummel ammo carrier, ARV's, rocket and/or  field artillery. if only just to make some more interesting scenarios. (the equipment in question would be useless with no purpose other than set dressing) that or more comprehensive fortifications, like mortar pits and dragons teeth, once again just to make more unique scenarios 

and maybe hypothetical or obsolete equipment for giggles. I very much enjoy how in FI you can give US rifle squads m1903s instead of m1s

Edited by Cobetco

Cool ideas. I want to expand if I may on this topic. At this point since they fixed quick battles I am going be buying more stuff from them the game is pretty damn awesome as it is now. what do you guys think of distant gun shots like a real weapon would sound at 1 yard then 20 yard then 50 yards then 500 then what would it sound at 1000? Each sound would be different but the same weapon would be used making the sound. You could even do it with explosions. Take for instance an mg-42 it's going to sound different close up than far away from it's location.

Edited by user1000

1 hour ago, Ts4EVER said:

Not me, I would only pay for a pack containing new weapons/vehicles and scenarios using these new assets.

This. I am more interested in increasing accuracy of behavior (meaning the way that units interact) than purely cosmetic improvements. I am not against cosmetic improvements per se, it's just that they will come at a cost of lost coding time that could be better spent elsewhere, IMHO.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

This. I am more interested in increasing accuracy of behavior (meaning the way that units interact) than purely cosmetic improvements. I am not against cosmetic improvements per se, it's just that they will come at a cost of lost coding time that could be better spent elsewhere, IMHO.

Michael

OK but if it was made would you buy it?

Personally I have god knows hour many hours of unplayed scenarios and unfinished campaigns to get through aswell as a wealth of units and weapons which is the reason why I'd be happy for a cosmetic only expansion be made...

Edited by Wodin

Yeah I'm not sure why you couldn't fund a quality of life/UI features or graphics/sound improvement project separately. For example, the UI is currently pretty rough, (sure I can fly around it now), but really it's very unfriendly and hard to look at, JuJu's mod is a must in my opinion but re-skinning only goes so far. I'd totally pay for a modern, great looking and functioning UI, improved shaders, tree performance (speed tree), lightning effects, way more sound triggers and improved positional sound and environmental dsp, etc. The list is pretty long, I'd take any of them and would be more than happy to help fund them. The sim part is so far ahead of the presentation at this point I feel it's way out of balance and the presentation side really needs some loving too.

Edited by AstroCat

Defo mate but i feel that the owners of CM have their roots so set in desktop gaming they dont seem to think that sort of thing matters, like the buildings on every game since launch are pretty much the same and dont even represent the area which is covered, take Normandy for instance not one of the commercial buildings or houses or modulars, look anything like a building in Normandy, dont get me wrong I love this game to bits but I would happily pay more for better experiences, I would also like to see all tank crews come out of hatches on open up order, I love the idea of non active troops gather and talk with others, sit down, read a paper, clean weapons. etc  Battlefront must improve to entice younger audiences to get involved but with options like Red Orchestra, Western Front, Arma, WOT, etc.. which all look superb they may decline Combat mission in favour of these games that permanently update graphics and effects.

4 hours ago, AstroCat said:

Yeah I'm not sure why you couldn't fund a quality of life/UI features or graphics/sound improvement project separately.

The problem may not be finding the funding for it if enough people like yourself come forward. But would it be enough to put another programmer and maybe a couple more artists on the payroll? And just how big an organization would BFC want to become? Bigger is not always better.

Michael

I would love a bit more variation in the infantry animations, especially movement animations. I think 2 or 3 walk/run animations would be a good mix and not too much more. I don't know much about the engine or coding in general, but we already have multiple death animations, so it must be possible in some way?

One thing I would really like is for a lot of the reload animations to be 'fixed'. A lot of them seem to be buggy, with clips/magazines floating in the air, and some weapons like the m1 carbine reload via a clip but animate like it's a stripper clip, which looks very odd. It's been this way since Normandy, and 3 titles later in Blitzkrieg it's still very much the same. A minor detail to some, but when I zoom in to the action it is certainly jarring to see, considering the rest of the detail put into it!

In short, yeah, if it was priced well I'd happily pay for more variation in animations, as well as better reload animations.

Edited by baddude1337

While on the subject of cosmetic improvements, here's one that came with v4 that I haven't seen mentioned yet. And that is the background ambient combat sounds that play while you are in the Command phase. It always bugged me that those totally sounded like they had be composed on a synthesizer. Now they sound a lot more like the real thing and it's a little bit spooky in a good way. So thumbs up on that!

:)

Michael

I would love to see some new animations. Animation is one of the areas that I think CM falls a little short on. A little more variety would go a long way to making things from the eye level more appealing, in my opinion. 

However as some have pointed out, I would much rather see new features/equipment/modules be released. If that means we have to continue on with the animations we have now, I can live with them. If an animations pack would not deter those other things than I'm all for it. 

And for me price would not be an issue. I would gladly pay $10, $20, or even $30 for a pack of all new animations.

The designers will find this useful input (i hope), as there is a spectrum of features that need to be in place to continue to sell CMx2, and CMx3 when it is out. There is obviously realism/breadth of gameplay. However there is also the look of it. Sales of the most realistic game ever in 640x480 VGA will be roughly zero. So there is a level of graphics necessary to get you into the competition. Then there is graphics beyond this that enhances sales, and I think the community is indicating that the current level is below the ideal (although I guess above the minimum). As I said, CMx3 needs to be better, but I am only looking for FPS type graphics if this is with significantly enhanced gameplay (individuals, better trenches/foxholes,better game features (like Iron+ mode or things that further mitigate the god's eye view), in a reasonable timescale.

Yes, I would gladly pay for better and more lifelike animations. The suppressed fetal position is getting really, really old...:rolleyes:

A sound upgrade based on REAL and distinct vehicle- and weapon sounds, would also be worth $10-30 for me.

I would have no problem funding a Kickstarter Campaign for that purpose :)

Cheers,

Edited by BodyBag

Both animations and the audio need an upgrade. With a few small exceptions, most of the small arms sounds (SMGs, rifles, MGs) are still the same flat, bland ones from when CMx2 was first launched. The upgrade of the AK-74 sound in Black Sea showed what a dramatic improvement the new sound was over the old one. Heck, the file structure is already in place - most weapons have their own unique audio file - so it's not like it would be some major recoding effort.

Edited by LukeFF

12 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Both animations and the audio need an upgrade. With a few small exceptions, most of the small arms sounds (SMGs, rifles, MG) are still the same flat, bland ones from when CMx2 was first launched. The upgrade of the AK-74 sound in Black Sea showed what a dramatic improvement the new sound was over the old one. Heck, the file structure is already in place - most weapons have their own unique audio file - so it's not like it would be some major recoding effort.

Yes, definitely agree that improved sounds would be a real benefit to me.