CMFB Bonus Beta AAR (Allied: Attacking, Advancing, Allied)

c3k

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much better than stroking out in a recliner as an old man.

Speak for yourself, bubby. I can think of several reasons why somebody might prefer to die as an old man in a recliner, over having their guts blown out violently and dying in great pain and shock. But if you prefer to go the other way, don't let me stop you.

:D

Michael

Speak for yourself, bubby. I can think of several reasons why somebody might prefer to die as an old man in a recliner, over having their guts blown out violently and dying in great pain and shock. But if you prefer to go the other way, don't let me stop you.

:D

Michael

I was talking for my men. I can tell, by the way they look at me, that they'd abhor the endless years of comfort and relaxation hinted at in your post. What a poor fate for a warrior. You have, however, piqued my interest. Once my intern finishes this backrub (I'm dictating this. She can type and give me a backrub at the same time. I think she's an amazing woman.) I'll research what you've brought up.

Hey. How'd that "amazing woman" thing get in there. Delete that. Delete that now, I say! Ow. oomph. oooooooommphhhh.

I am very disappointed Ken.. you are badly losing the view & post count battle.. everyone knows that is the only fight worth winning in these games.  I have only lost that battle once and it was to you, so I expected better.  

Perhaps being a little more clever with your tactics instead of with your narrative would help... eh?  ;)  

I am very disappointed Ken.. you are badly losing the view & post count battle.. everyone knows that is the only fight worth winning in these games.  I have only lost that battle once and it was to you, so I expected better.  

Perhaps being a little more clever with your tactics instead of with your narrative would help... eh?  ;)  

I am WOUNDED! Truly a deep blow has been landed. I shall attack! ;)

Just for that...I shall post.

Turn 38:00 to 37:00

The Walking Dead

In an attempt to raise my men's morale, I explained the basis of existential angst, namely, that they're all going to die anyway. Why not avoid the suffering their pathetic lives will engender, and embrace how I may endanger them? This would allow them to avoid so much sorrow later.

It didn't seem to help.

Some pix...

b%2001.jpg

b%2002.jpg

b%2003.jpg

It appears as if my center is faltering, my right is collapsing, and my left is atrophied. All in all, an ugly picture. I thought my central M8 was safe behind the houses. Baneman continues to have better LOS (and tactics) than I. ;)

Of note, both The Dell and the cemetery have hedges. They don't stop bullets very well.

Enough of the whinging, more pix are needed!

b%2004.jpg

b%2005.jpg

b%2006.jpg

b%2007.jpg

My central push was an all-or-nothing gamble. It's looking more like "nothing". A basic rule is to ALWAYS have a way out. This proves it. Over on my right, I've taken advantage of my men's weakness. Since they're fleeing, I'm ordering a pullback. Not a retreat! A "pullback", or shortening of the lines, as it were. I hope Baneman pushes into the vacuum and finds it abhorrent after I spring an ambush. I hope. He's got armor there. I've got bazookas. Well, bazookas and dead men.

On the left, my best hope is that the M16 can wreak a bit of wreckage upon his vehicles. It's nailing the achtrad...so I've ordered it to do more of that next turn.

The ring of armor on the ridge is good for Banemen, bad for me.

Ken

c3k,

Can you reanimate the "Field of Dead" somehow?  I am thinking the living dead might make for a good counterattack right about now.  Baneman can't kill them twice, eh?

Get the tube guys in action.  Pillage the dead...er...I mean, uh, buddy aid them, yes, do that.

This is all good.  The action is crazy and I am loving it.

Heinrich505

Ooo, am I seeing this right: the fog effect on the horizon graphic and the box are looking good. You guys have the newest build. Cool.

Points to you! Yes, these are the latest builds. Baneman and I are on the cutting edge. Okay, my men are on the cutting edge. My job is far harder: directing them towards victory!

c3k,

Can you reanimate the "Field of Dead" somehow?  I am thinking the living dead might make for a good counterattack right about now.  Baneman can't kill them twice, eh?

Get the tube guys in action.  Pillage the dead...er...I mean, uh, buddy aid them, yes, do that.

This is all good.  The action is crazy and I am loving it.

Heinrich505

Funny how you mentioned tube guy. There's a bit of recalcitration occurring. Kind of like calcifying, but different. ;) If the language wasn't flexible, I'd have to break it.