CMFB Bonus Beta AAR (Allied: Attacking, Advancing, Allied)

c3k

This is very entertaining...., unless you're pixeltruppen under these guys command ofc ;)

well, everytime I put out a call for more troops, new pixelmen always fill the ranks. They adore me. They seek glory on the big screen. I give them that opportunity. In fact, I've noticed more and more pixeltroops appearing from OTHER player's computers. They flock to me...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehm.. C3K,

In stead of leading your troops in unrelenting attacks (and keeping the "no good at AAR making" forum members entertained with your vigour and humour), you wouldn't be wandering off to other forum chapters, would you now? ;)

You do know the penalty for being AWOL under fire, I suppose?

i feel your pain. Okay, I don't feel my pixeltruppen's pain, but I feel yours. Or, I may just have a bit of wind. Is that the same as empathy?

;)

Debacle??? Having fought off mp44s, half the total wehrmacht achtrad production, TANKS, and 20mm armed everything...I still have one foot firmly in the graveyard! I have hopes of seeing some flamethrower action... (Met an Okinawa vet Marine who used a flamethrower for three weeks there. Macabre. The game version is plenty for me.)

Where was I? Ah, yes, standing with a foot in a grave. Any debacle I blame on Baneman. ;)

LOL...yeah, "this morning" was 0300 for me. True glory never rests. ;)

Okay, I'm back at my prime gaming rig.

Power?

Roger, Power is up, flow is steady, all voltages within tolerance. Power is on.

Data?

Data is good to go. Handshake established, switch on-line, ISP throughput check good. Green light from Data.

OS?

Windows reports the kernel is good. All processes running, resources are free. You're good to go with OS.

Visuals?

All visuals are looking A-Okay.

Dropbox?

Dropbox?

All sub-systems, stand by! We have a dropbox issue. Calling dropbox on secondary frequency, come in.

Ahhh...Dropbox here. Our status is on-line, but non-refreshed. We have had no new game files posted since your last (glorious) file.

All units, stand down.

Intern, take a memo: Baneman, I await your surrender.

Carry on.

Soooo, Baneman and are re-establishing comms to find out where the incoming turn went. (He probably sent it to his boss by accident. ;) )

We'll get this back on the rails shortly.

Ken

It (define "it" however you'd like) will be fixed in the blink of an eye (by whichever galactic timescale you prefer). ;)

My NDA prevents me from speaking to the CMFB release. In fact, BFC has sent one of their Black Team members to stand behind me and watch over my shoulder. He's there, watching as I type, right now. This angers my intern, since that's one of her duties.

As far as the AAR is concerned, my work schedule, Baneman's work schedule, cross-Atlantic time zones, and some other odds and ends, have all conspired to create a snafu. We going to unsnarl this pup and bring you more mayhem and chaotic fun as soon as we can.

Ken

Well, one thing is for sure, BF is teaching us how to be patient, so another mind-draining wait won't worry me no more :blink:. (Which is a huge and bitter lie, off course )

Baneman is allright again? He reported to be "under the weather" in his AARthread.

But jokes aside, I really enjoy your AAR's and appreciate the hours of work that you both put in to it.

Not too long ago I had a horrible day, came miserably back home, ended up in the beginnings of your latest AAR, and within seconds I laughed my head off.

So, I'm looking forward to the next episode..   

I do not understand what is taking so long.  There cannot be more than 8 guys and maybe a couple of semi-armored thingies alive and not performing medic services.  At this point turns should be as frantic as a chess match with 30 seconds on the timer.

unless of course you are laid up in bed... which I believe Baneman is.  The sight of all that carnage I think got to him.

The above commentary is correct: Baneman's body is weak, much like his will. The fight was too much for his nervous disposition and the strain led to a physical collapse. As I've said  many times, my pixeltruppen are merely the currency I spend to buy the real reward: defeating the opposing commander's will! Shattered morale is often symptomized by shakes, darting looks, stammers, and having to take to one's bed. Okay, the flu will do that too. ;)

Baneman and I have re-established comms. He, unfortunately, does not have an intern. I was going to send him mine, but she would have had to row across the Atlantic and my laundry couldn't wait that long, so I have withheld sending her. He has to tend to his illness on his own, poor sap. "If you can use an IV, you can use a PC!" is what I always say. I've gently prodded him along. ;)

If only I could command BOTH sides...ahh, that's a dream for later.

Ken out.