Getting into more complex builds. Is it worth it?

NPye

On 9/18/2022 at 8:57 PM, JM Stuff said:

All is perfect, a good immersion, I saw some textures on the town that I like, can you provide a link to Normandy textures also the tiles falling from house and junks on the street pls ?

They are part of the game bud Flavour Object Junk 4,5, and 6. I copied all the Berlin textures to CMbn, so no mod needed once I upload the 2nd version of Berlin. Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2022 at 2:53 AM, NPye said:

Just like Berlin mod, lovely immersing scenery. 😍 I surely could make great use of it for some my CMBN (and FB) projects. 😎 I just would avoid using independent buildings for their crappy ingame cover 😛 (church & windmill excl). Then better more variety on modular buildings. Also get rid of their timber frame roof sets which look entirely out of place on most urban maps. Unless it´s mostly middle age type buildings still standing. Lots of old city centers in europe still have them. But one got to find the right combo making it look all good. Considering the fragile nature of most indi buildings I´d limit use of timber frame stuff to them.

21 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Also get rid of their timber frame roof sets which look entirely out of place on most urban maps. Unless it´s mostly middle age type buildings still standing. Lots of old city centers in europe still have them. But one got to find the right combo making it look all good. Considering the fragile nature of most indi buildings I´d limit use of timber frame stuff to them.

We like a bit of mock Tudor over here! 😆

Seriously though, timber frame buildings were more common in Normandy, though there is a particular vernacular, just like we have a specific style in the UK. And yes they mostly seem to exist in rural locations or medieval city centres. I think that BF have kind of an obsession with them, I wonder if they live in mock Tudor style ranches ...?

30 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

We like a bit of mock Tudor over here! 😆

Seriously though, timber frame buildings were more common in Normandy, though there is a particular vernacular, just like we have a specific style in the UK. And yes they mostly seem to exist in rural locations or medieval city centres. I think that BF have kind of an obsession with them, I wonder if they live in mock Tudor style ranches ...?

lol 😆

yep, right combo and map does it usually. When I see the stock games Berlin maps city blocks I always do 🙄 One the reasons I never play these...

...BUT the problem lays with the timber crap beeing part of modular building roof sets. Don´t belong there at all IMHO. Also it bugs me terribly that mod building roofs change randomnly in game. WTF? You arrange it all nicely in 3D editor (CNTRL click) and then see it all messed up in game again. 😝 So for YEG I simply change replaced these (on 8x8m buildings) for some my own ones. At least that option remains available.

14 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I always do 🙄

🤣

14 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

...BUT the problem lays with the timber crap beeing part of modular building roof sets. Don´t belong there at all IMHO.

I couldn't believe it the first time I saw them. There's no excuse. Why they didn't simply just delete them and duplicate one of the others is beyond me.

16 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Also it bugs me terribly that mod building roofs change randomnly in game. WTF? You arrange it all nicely in 3D editor (CNTRL click) and then see it all messed up in game again. 😝

Oh yes! There's so much about the editor that is just .... sheesh 🙄!

7 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:
28 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

...BUT the problem lays with the timber crap beeing part of modular building roof sets. Don´t belong there at all IMHO.

I couldn't believe it the first time I saw them. There's no excuse. Why they didn't simply just delete them and duplicate one of the others is beyond me.

Someone simply "liked" them... obviously. 🤨 They could´ve added matching roof to wall sets instead IMO. And make these stick in game.

10 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Oh yes! There's so much about the editor that is just .... sheesh 🙄!

It´s not thaaaat bad actually. Bits of unwieldly at times and would benefit from having more comfort, but the randomn change of stuff bugs me the most ATM. Same for trees placement. What´s it worth creating some nice key holed position if it´s gone again next time you open a map. 😛

• 8 months later...

Looking forward to some great stuff for CMBN very soon, I decided to relook at some of the graphic elements, I made new Heer uniforms by copying and pasting EEEZ brilliant work and mixing them up a bit for variety, gave them a field caps, I really want some soldiers to have there sleeves rolled up, (is this possible techies???) changed the commercials and stole a few to make as Norman as possible, the church is old I made the maps and most of the other stuff before I made the Stalingrad Mod, which left the Norman builds left unfinished, then a break from CM and then got hooked on the Berlin Mod... So lets see what happens, I have a lot of maps, mostly British and Canadian, but also the battles around Caratan etc with the 101st. I used a few ground textures from the Berlin Mod which helped but is a work in progress and may be changed.

Grab a coffee and take a look at my interpretation of Sainte Marie du Mont, just a walk through to showcase the new work. 

23 hours ago, NPye said:

Looking forward to some great stuff for CMBN very soon, I decided to relook at some of the graphic elements, I made new Heer uniforms by copying and pasting EEEZ brilliant work and mixing them up a bit for variety, gave them a field caps, I really want some soldiers to have there sleeves rolled up, (is this possible techies???) changed the commercials and stole a few to make as Norman as possible, the church is old I made the maps and most of the other stuff before I made the Stalingrad Mod, which left the Norman builds left unfinished, then a break from CM and then got hooked on the Berlin Mod... So lets see what happens, I have a lot of maps, mostly British and Canadian, but also the battles around Caratan etc with the 101st. I used a few ground textures from the Berlin Mod which helped but is a work in progress and may be changed.

Grab a coffee and take a look at my interpretation of Sainte Marie du Mont, just a walk through to showcase the new work. 

Looking great, NPye. Also like your ideas, like rolled sleeves.

I've tried to download your stuff via Dropbox, but there's nothing there. Could you give another link please? And it it possible to concentrate all your witchcraft into one mod?

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 7/23/2023 at 2:39 AM, NPye said:

I really want some soldiers to have there sleeves rolled up, (is this possible techies???)

The current answer is no. AFAIK, @sbobovyc never had time to crack the code on making a Blender plug-in to import the CM BFC mds file format. Uniforms are mds files. I can tinker with gear entries in a hexeditor but I cannot change the 3D model mesh to ADD rolled up sleeves.

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I've tried to download your stuff via Dropbox, but there's nothing there. Could you give another link please? And it it possible to concentrate all your witchcraft into one mod?

I emptied it a while ago, but will upload new stuff to AFGM when ready, still alot of work to get everything match fit...Cheers

45 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

The current answer is no. AFAIK, @sbobovyc never had time to crack the code on making a Blender plug-in to import the CM BFC mds file format. Uniforms are mds files. I can tinker with gear entries in a hexeditor but I cannot change the 3D model mesh to ADD rolled up sleeves.

Cheers for looking mate, I dont have any of the Italian games don't they have rolled up sleeves???? 

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

The British have 1 uniform with short sleeves and Bombay bloomers short pants

I don't suppose it's possible to combine 2 MDR files? So nick the brit top half, rework to be german then use the standard mdr for German trousers???? lol I think I know the answer to this but maybe? Cheers

Apples and oranges. 

We have mdr files for flavor objects and gear and buildings and vehicles and YES they can be combined and edited and we have a lot we can do like Horsa glider.

The uniforms are the mds file format and we have no way currently to mess with them that I know of. BFC will not allow it and the hacker code brain "Stan Bobovyc", who deserves a trophy/prize/medal got us into mdr files is busy elsewhere and it is a lot of work beyond my brain to accomplish. Maybe some day.  

EDIT: Damn, one thing I must say is that I don't own the modern titles and so what exact mds uniforms exist over there is unknown to me. I doubt they have rolled up sleeves shirt with long pants tucked into combat boots - but you never know. I suggest you hit those guys up.

Edited by kohlenklau

On 7/24/2023 at 4:21 PM, kohlenklau said:

EDIT: Damn, one thing I must say is that I don't own the modern titles and so what exact mds uniforms exist over there is unknown to me. I doubt they have rolled up sleeves shirt with long pants tucked into combat boots - but you never know. I suggest you hit those guys up.

Cheers bud

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy making new builds for my deadstick map...

VRcSDq.png

The Famous Cafe near the Benouville Bridge, I couldn't make an exact copy but I thought this compromise was ok?

VRczsD.png

The Marie in Benouville, it stands today just as it was in 1944.

VRclg0.png

The streets in Benouville can be really narrow so iv'e deleted the road to allow me to get the buildings in closer.

VRcOc3.png

Cheers thanks for looking, feel free to comment or ask any questions.

VEtkeQ.png

A pretty good rendition of Benouville Chateau entrance, but I need some cool metal gates, I made these but they aren't great... any offers?

VEtQ7k.png

The 1909 Building just beyond the bridge...

VEtJRe.png

I noticed many Normandy walls have doors so i made some from some old Poster mdr's that i downloaded somewhere...

VEt6xa.png

Rue de grand clos, Benouville...

Edited by NPye

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Those pics look great Nigel, when can we get our hands on your work? 

Still lots to do, people on here demand almost perfection, I got negative comments on my Battle for Berlin Mod because a Medal on a German Uniform was in the wrong place...lol I didn't even mod that, but you won't believe the negativity a modder can get???