Getting into more complex builds. Is it worth it?

NPye

The photo is from "The Pegasus and Orne Bridges" by Barber. There are other useful photos in that book including the one that shows that the "gas pump" referred to by some of the troopers is in front of La Chaumiere. The east wing extension to the corner house is possibly already present in this old photo but out of sight because it was "set-back and only half the depth of  the west face that you see here. The aerial photos available to me do not help to clarify the matter.

Edited by WimO

• 2 weeks later...

Now building St. Mére Église, made some new shops as there seemed alot of shops in 1944.

Vcvpac.png

Vcv4dH.png

Vcv9bQ.png

VcvQ6A.png

VcvEi3.png

Vcvtr7.png

VcYqtT.png

To make the Hospital I combined the Benouville Mairie and the Corner House. Sweewms to work fine saving me time in a new build project.

Just by adding the shop signs really brings the buildings to life, and taking on the appearance of a 1940's French street, albeit most shops abandoned or boarded for the duration...

VwV8XK.png

...does anyone else think, mate this is too nice to fight over and destroy. I would love to live here...

VwV2Hc.png

I've added flavours so next job is to create a few battle damaged buildings in St. Mére Église, which there were...

Nearly completed the Sainte Mere Eglise map, progress so far...

9CdQWe.png

Converted one of the shelters to have new roof...

9CdCDa.png

Reworked the Opel Kadet from CMRT

9CdTXA.png

Added more signs and posters to the shops, bringing them to life...

9C9bDi.png

The main road is so straight and runs vertical north to south.

9C9PTc.png

Trying to get creative in the graveyard... i've converted the garden beds into graves, this way of berrying the dead is very common in most Norman Churches, but not sure it works?????? What do you think????

3 hours ago, NPye said:

i've converted the garden beds into graves, this way of berrying the dead is very common in most Norman Churches, but not sure it works?????? What do you think????

IT WORKS. I love it. I know exactly what you refer to. My France 1940 battle in Les Attaques, the churchyard could use those as well. Good work Nige. 

Everything is in the eye of the beholder. BFC efforts seem to me to be a final hospice heartbeat away from death. MAYBE they are behind the scenes preparing for the big release of CMPW Combat Mission Putin's War after the war ends? Charles is coding in more aspects of drones and somebody is adding animation for jack in the box turret explosions?

But who knows.

Nige, @WimO and a few others are to me the "ALT BFC"...

BFC has not embraced to my knowledge anything we are doing. It is so sad. Bloody wankers.

I am still involved with the tail end of my FRANCE 1940 mod and now dipping my toe lightly into KOREA 1950 but seeing your Sainte Mere Eglise work, I would like to create some scenarios!

Perhaps I will do this in early 2024 as a lead in to the 80TH Anniversary of D-DAY?

I like to tap the scenario idea resource of the ASL world such as below. 

ASL SAINT MERE EGLISE SCENARIOS

On 9/4/2023 at 4:06 PM, kohlenklau said:

IT WORKS. I love it. I know exactly what you refer to. My France 1940 battle in Les Attaques, the churchyard could use those as well. Good work Nige. 

I'll get them over to you when complete bud.

On 9/4/2023 at 4:25 PM, kohlenklau said:

Perhaps I will do this in early 2024 as a lead in to the 80TH Anniversary of D-DAY?

Do it bud the ASl looks interesting.

• 5 months later...

I've been busy adding to my Stalingrad Mod V2, and I've finally been able to make a house chimney from the column FO, also I made oil tanks from the windmill building. Here's a quick look at how it's coming along.

Edited by NPye