Getting into more complex builds. Is it worth it?

NPye

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

it's superb, you two make sparks
the game is transformed

Pure coincidence that we are working on complimentary mods at the same time and when CMBN is somewhat quiet. Though I think it’s safe to say that NPye has been working on his mods for a lot longer. It’ll be great to see some of his maps and mods in game and, if the BF/Steam thing works out well and they add CMBN to Steam as well, it’ll be fantastic for new players to see what can be done with the game engine. Who knows this may even inspire a whole new generation of mod makers to chip in.

@Falaise you’ll be pleased to know that I am quite close to finishing my Hedgerow Hell mod. Working on the last of the crops at the moment, hoping to do justice to Le Lin for you. I’ve done wheat, am finishing oats, and collating some good sample images for flax. When these are done I only have the marsh doodads left to make!

Hi @NPye and @Lucky_Strike , guys, I am happy that you found both a colleague with almost the same idea and the same stubborn will,
...searching the best way close to the perfection of graphics with the new tool, that is now of every mouths and in almost every good graphics games, the famous and essentials helpfull Reshade, let us enjoy and dreams together both  yours screenshots...

"qui se ressemblent  s'assemblent" !!

JM

58 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

BFC's looking at this stuff and thinking "This is what out games could look like if only we dumped the hack who currently does our art." ;)

LOL - I can only take my hat off to you original creators 🎩 Where would we be without you?

NPye has been at this one for years! And I just spent the best part of half a year playing with doodads, and still not finished!

9 hours ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

Outstanding screenshots, is there already a way to download all of these mods and specifically the reshade profile(s), I want to combine it with the Hedge Hell mod.

@Aquila-SmartWargames@NPye isn’t using ReShade unfortunately, he’s running CM on a Mac. I haven’t asked him if he’s got a Movie Mode shader which could be used. That would be an easy share and it might then be possible to make a LUT for ReShade that recreates a lot of the effects he is adding to the screen shots. If not then I still think the look should be doable in ReShade, I might have a go at reverse-engineering it when I finish my Hedgerow Hell mod

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, alnigor said:

Is this project still alive? I haven't been here for a long time and maybe I missed it and there was a release of some version of it...

We haven't seen Mr Pye for some time. Welcome by the way!

No release has been made so far as I know.

You can always try pinging him to see what progress he makes if you start typing the @ symbol you get a list of user names, type the first letter of a user name immediately after the @ and a shorter list of names appears, and so on until you see the name you want so eg @alnigor will ping you 😉 consider yourself pinged!

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, NPye said:

I've been busy working on a Berlin Central Map with authentic buildings. Can you recognise any?????

Gorgeous! 😎 I´m not a Berliner, but think I recognise Görings´Reichsluftfahrt Ministry, Neue Reichskanzlei, the Stadtschloss and maybe some others (Brandenburg Gate etc).

Wow.  Very impressive work NP...

The only caveat is that while it's great that some like to make very realistic maps whether they be urban or rural, as with strictly historical scenarios, they don't necessarily make entertaining or playable games.

The buildings, for me, just give me a sense of place and something visual and hopefully more interesting rather than a load of rectangles with windows and doors? When trying to follow orders, the scenarios don't have to be historical, it's a game we can do what we likePlus I like making them from old photographs, most are just my designs but the nature of Albert Spheers designs are actually quite well suited to the games mechanics. Cheers 

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Great work Mr Pye.

Video reminded me a bit of Germania

Can the buildings be used, as in do all the doors and windows function? Or is this more a cosmetic mod? 

Most can but i intend for all, but i have intentionally not placed doors on every building because these are all ministerial and gov buildings which all have an entrance which you can then gain access to the the adjoining office blocks attached to the main entrance, the New Reichs Chancellory rooms are all linked so battles can take place in the buildings, and can fire from every level, every window, this is a work in progress but shouldnt take to long to complete.