Getting into more complex builds. Is it worth it?

NPye

3 minutes ago, NPye said:

I'm not only making complete buildings but smashed up ones also which is much harder than the former?

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 19.00.27

You begin to be a Master oder better ein Meisterwerk pls dont take on the words what I tell you about destroying your map, I am joking all the time, but I really really appreciated your Art to Berlin ! 😉  + 10 

did you also making the wreck vehicles yourself ?

On 6/10/2021 at 9:41 AM, RockinHarry said:

Gorgeous! 😎 I´m not a Berliner, but think I recognise Görings´Reichsluftfahrt Ministry, Neue Reichskanzlei, the Stadtschloss and maybe some others (Brandenburg Gate etc).

Yes bud they are all there, I had to do the Brandenburg Tor as on the original map they used a bridge LOL However I would say the designer done some good research into where the streets where and its not his fault the game doesn't allow for professional 3d Berlin buildings from 1945. When will the CM team move from those aweful modular buildings and make some that look authentic, its been 10 years and still no updates, they will soon be left behind which would be a real shame as its a great game?

8 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

You begin to be a Master oder better ein Meisterwerk pls dont take on the words what I tell you about destroying your map, I am joking all the time, but I really really appreciated your Art to Berlin ! 😉  + 10 

did you also making the wreck vehicles yourself ?

LOL Thanks The wrecked vehicles are from Umlats factory mod, the grennery is from Lucky Strikes Hedgerow Hell and all the Vehicles are from Aris mods. but I built all the buildings and still in the process of making more. Cheers

15 minutes ago, NPye said:

LOL Thanks The wrecked vehicles are from Umlats factory mod, the grennery is from Lucky Strikes Hedgerow Hell and all the Vehicles are from Aris mods. but I built all the buildings and still in the process of making more. Cheers

You are welcome in the community or better you are accepting every works from the community !😄

14 hours ago, NPye said:

the New Reichs Chancellory rooms are all linked so battles can take place in the buildings, and can fire from every level, every window

Very cool, good job sir!

6 hours ago, NPye said:

Just finished making the Gestapo HQ on Prince Albrecht Strasse... here's a Panther in front of it...

Place was flattened - there is now a really interesting museum on its site.

Nice wrecked 251's btw. Shame we can't do something about the smooth rubble piles, would be great if they could be made more jagged with a few beams and broken window frames and the like sticking out. I suspect that's a 3D modelling job though.

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Very cool, good job sir!

Place was flattened - there is now a really interesting museum on its site.

Nice wrecked 251's btw. Shame we can't do something about the smooth rubble piles, would be great if they could be made more jagged with a few beams and broken window frames and the like sticking out. I suspect that's a 3D modelling job though.

The complex wasn't damaged that much it was flattened after the war for obvious reasons. Here's a shot from 45?

Bild 183-S85918

17 hours ago, NPye said:

The complex wasn't damaged that much it was flattened after the war for obvious reasons. Here's a shot from 45?

Yes, was bombed out (courtesy of the RAF) and gutted in 1945 then demolished after the war, as was so much of Nazi-associated Berlin. The site was also right next to the course of Berlin Wall which ran right down Niederkirchnerstraße (formerly Prinz-Albrecht-Straße, renamed by the East Germans). The site was just in the western zone but wasn't redeveloped for years being in the fortified area. It was excavated some time in the late 80's, I believe, when the cellars of the original building were found. Then a temporary exhibition space was made before the current Topographie des Terrors museum was built. I visited the site in about 1990, before the permanent museum, and again a few years ago, absolutely fantastic, and most chilling museum. There is also a lengthy stretch of the wall which is preserved along the edge of the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys ok ive just got 2TB of space on my dropbox, i'm going to upload my CMBN z folder and my CMRT z folder plus tons of maps, its the only way i can get them to you as i have no time now to oganise all the scenarios writing orders etc, so you will be able to choose what you like, for best results copy your z folder then replace with mine, this will save any clashes but you can just take what you like, if you download any of my maps i strongly advise to download all the buildings as they will look strange if not. OK question how do i share my dropbox?

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Guys ok ive just got 2TB of space on my dropbox, i'm going to upload my CMBN z folder and my CMRT z folder plus tons of maps, its the only way i can get them to you as i have no time now to oganise all the scenarios writing orders etc, so you will be able to choose what you like, for best results copy your z folder then replace with mine, this will save any clashes but you can just take what you like, if you download any of my maps i strongly advise to download all the buildings as they will look strange if not. OK question how do i share my dropbox?

We (I) are really appreciated yours efforts, and for my part I will be very happy to download all, but  take your time to decide what is the best way for you to let us all yours stuffs.

I think some differents link with a short description will be enough, for most of us when we want to download some parts or the entire job but is only my opinion do the best for yourself.

JM

Cheers JM, ive modded so much even modded others mods etc so this seems the only way, also the red thunder buildings have nearly 100 different variants? The folders are big it would take me weeks to organise properly, so I hope this is good enough. Cheers

Here is what I suggest.

Create a main dropbox folder called whatever, "NPye CM Stuff"

Then it should have a subfolder for CMRT and a subfolder for CMBN.

Then in each of those subfolders you could have a folder for maps, a folder for mods.

The tree structure doesn't take long to set up and keeps it all squared away for the downloader.

THEN you share the dropbox link to the main folder...right click in dropbox on that main folder's line and you will see one of the options "copy link", select that and then return here to the forum and paste that link in a post.

Edited by kohlenklau

39 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Here is what I suggest.

Then in each of those subfolders you could have a folder for maps, a folder for mods.

The tree structure doesn't take long to set up and keeps it all squared away for the downloader.

THEN you share the dropbox link to the main folder...right click in dropbox on that main folder's line and you will see one of the options "copy link", select that and then return here to the forum and paste that link in a post.

This must be the best way for everybodys !

Edited by JM Stuff

55 minutes ago, NPye said:

Cheers JM, ive modded so much even modded others mods etc so this seems the only way, also the red thunder buildings have nearly 100 different variants? The folders are big it would take me weeks to organise properly, so I hope this is good enough. Cheers

Thanks to your reply, I understand is better for you,... do only the best for yourself and thank you to share your big job !

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Here is what I suggest.

Yes bud thats what ill do over the next few days. Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, NPye said:

Ok heres the dropbox link please let me know if it allows you to download? Cheers https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrkfrw40525ne43/AABy-v3KYZXlQohBsX-IQbzaa?dl=0

Download on, this take time.. Meine Gott is really a lot a lot 16,8 ghz !

Thanks you very much to share all your job, I m sure this will be really interresting, let you know when download is finish !

JM

• 10 months later...

By god I think he's cracked it?

I'm trying to produce a campaign for Berlin, i'm building the ,maps and have completely updated and redesigned the mod buildings so now all buildings can be entered and fired from, I found a new solution to do this and it seems to work well, I made a template of where the windows appear on the mod builds, then i either use the default windows with my graphics in them rather tan the other way round, also if cut out I also make a window that fits the space so I can use either, also i have copied the window default window space on the BMP them pasted into the window files, this works really well especially when the window is space is black so as long as the window fits all i have to do is convert the default window into black or dark grey and they hardly notice on the bmp, so this gives the impression of having the glass and frame completely gone and and looks bombed out which is the look I have always tried to achieve before. If anyone with campaign experience want's to join with me and build an amazing campaign then DM e. I've chose a campaign as this will eliminate any need for my complete collection of modded items which is huge. I've made several maps including the suburbs, the Molkte bridge, Kroll Opera House, The Reichstag, Unter der Linden, The Museum Island, Alexander Platz and the New Reichs Chancellory with plans to produce more. This is work in progress and I have to convert more buildings to allow for more window firing positions. Cheers for viewing and would love to see what you think?

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, NPye said:

By god I think he's cracked it?

I'm trying to produce a campaign for Berlin, i'm building the ,maps and have completely updated and redesigned the mod buildings so now all buildings can be entered and fired from, I found a new solution to do this and it seems to work well, I made a template of where the windows appear on the mod builds, then i either use the default windows with my graphics in them rather tan the other way round, also if cut out I also make a window that fits the space so I can use either, also i have copied the window default window space on the BMP them pasted into the window files, this works really well especially when the window is space is black so as long as the window fits all i have to do is convert the default window into black or dark grey and they hardly notice on the bmp, so this gives the impression of having the glass and frame completely gone and and looks bombed out which is the look I have always tried to achieve before. If anyone with campaign experience want's to join with me and build an amazing campaign then DM e. I've chose a campaign as this will eliminate any need for my complete collection of modded items which is huge. I've made several maps including the suburbs, the Molkte bridge, Kroll Opera House, The Reichstag, Unter der Linden, The Museum Island, Alexander Platz and the New Reichs Chancellory with plans to produce more. This is work in progress and I have to convert more buildings to allow for more window firing positions. Cheers for viewing and would love to see what you think?

Awesome!

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Awesome!

First time that I see my airborne in action very nice and happy that can help some of us.

All is perfect, a good immersion, I saw some textures on the town that I like, can you provide a link to Normandy textures also the tiles falling from house and junks on the street pls ?

JM

Edited by JM Stuff