moving the view with the screen edges

You know, pushing the mouse to the screen edges to move the view - does anybody actually use that?

Really, honest question.

Because the only 'use' I had with that feature is that it has spoiled many a well composited screenshot. :angry: 

I "use" it every fraking day - yeah sarcasm.  What happens to me is the screen will suddenly fly off in odd directions because I moved my mouse too close to the edge.  I keep asking for this feature to be pulled but no joy so far...

You know, pushing the mouse to the screen edges to move the view - does anybody actually use that?

Yep, Steve himself does - so we have no hope :D

I use the screen edge a lot...legacy from the original CM games.

Same here.

I probably use it less since I learned the newer click-and-hold methods that BFC built into the mouse ( really useful ! ), but I will still "bump" the screen edges to move a bit. :)

So wait, the man himself plays? Does he do PBEMs?

He crushes noobs under a pseudonym, laughing maniacally ;) 

Edited by Baneman

I probably use it less since I learned the newer click-and-hold methods that BFC built into the mouse ( really useful ! ), but I will still "bump" the screen edges to move a bit. :)

I am a happy user of the "click-and-hold" mouse method for most of my movement...both left-click to move laterally and right-click to rotate/up-down.

I use it sometimes but this more often than not causes unwanted camera movement. VERY ANNOYING. It would be a great asset to the game if they made this optional. Also, it would be nice if they had an optional graphic the showed the dividing line between the Pan and Rotate portions of the edge of the screen.

Thanks for all the replies. Honestly I didn't think anyone would use that stupid feature but it looks like I'm wrong. :)

But at least I'm not alone in the haters corner and I would also like to have the option to turn it off.

Out of curiosity: could those that use it tell me if they mainly play Wego or RT?

Thanks for all the replies. Honestly I didn't think anyone would use that stupid feature but it looks like I'm wrong. :)

But at least I'm not alone in the haters corner and I would also like to have the option to turn it off.

Out of curiosity: could those that use it tell me if they mainly play Wego or RT?

I play both but 90% of the time its WE-GO.

Only WEGO