• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you in the mood for an audiobook/ podcast series, I thoroughly enjoyed Dan Carlins 'Ghosts of the Ostfront" He is an incredibly vivid storyteller. http://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-histor

Depends on what you're looking for; if you want a very detailed treatment of the battle of Smolensk, with lots of extracts from Soviet orders and reports, then by all means read the book.  If you want

Glantz's Stalingrad series is very dense, but not as boring as Barbarossa Derailed, because generally it consists of narrative history, rather than cut-and-paste from Soviet orders/reports like Derail

Posted Images

Those Start books have been a great resource. There's also the updated version of "Bloody Streets" that has started shipping (I think it just arrived). The first edition sold out very quickly (lucky to get one way back when, it was a primary source for the FR module), so order now! I'm happy they re-released it, as it is by far the best source of the military operations in Berlin during the battle.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, benpark said:

Those Start books have been a great resource. There's also the updated version of "Bloody Streets" that has started shipping (I think it just arrived). The first edition sold out very quickly (lucky to get one way back when, it was a primary source for the FR module), so order now! I'm happy they re-released it, as it is by far the best source of the military operations in Berlin during the battle.

with the details they show on the engagements i can imagine these books have been a great source of info for battles etc. i also have this book which is another fantastic read.

9783936519228-uk.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 11:47 PM, Bubba883XL said:

i just grabbed this, quick look shows awesome detail on the battles etc. they have great book son thier website. waiting for endkampf to get back in stock also.

Brandenburg.jpg

Buy it while it is available. Superb book.