CM Black Sea – BETA Battle Report - Russian Side

I see that an M1 was hit on the side by an ATGM from the BMP-3 but the reactive armor saved it. THe missile fired by the BMP_3 has a tandem warhead with 700-750mm of penetration after ERA, Should have made it through anywhere on the sides even with ERA.

AT-10 defeating the dual layer ERA side armour of the M1A2SEPV2MobileOppressionPalace? Doesn't seem likely.

That was a lot of pain coming in the way of those two Abrams. It's interesting that they didn't auto-magically spot your BMPs which were quite well deployed.

I am still totally in the dark about what is Scott's plan. Probably too early to tell, but I am not seeing a lot of finesse, really.

What's the status on the Power Plant assault? Are you scrubbing that? If you had infantry with AT-14s that would be an awesome position. But since that doesn't seem to be the case, I wonder about its relevance.

That was a lot of pain coming in the way of those two Abrams. It's interesting that they didn't auto-magically spot your BMPs which were quite well deployed.

I am still totally in the dark about what is Scott's plan. Probably too early to tell, but I am not seeing a lot of finesse, really.

What's the status on the Power Plant assault? Are you scrubbing that? If you had infantry with AT-14s that would be an awesome position. But since that doesn't seem to be the case, I wonder about its relevance.

Scott seems to be adopting the "Rolling Thunder" approach.

B)

.What's the status on the Power Plant assault? Are you scrubbing that? If you had infantry with AT-14s that would be an awesome position. But since that doesn't seem to be the case, I wonder about its relevance.

Still trying to get one of my damned BMPs to fire at the wall... I've wasted a couple turns now trying to get them to fire at it and not use airburst.

I do hope to take it, if for no other reason than that it'll make a great OP, and it'll be one more objective Scott will need to recapture.

The ERA arrays on the M1 I believe have an outer ERA tile - then a gap - then an inner ERA block - then the bracket fitting and a gap - then the base armour of the tank.

That is two layers of ERA to go through, which true shouldnt be an issue for an Arkan, but then its the actual armour of the tank. The jet would of been expended on the two ERA layers.

The manual says .. Dual layer of era on the Hull.. Single on the turret side.. It probably hit the Hull then .. A turret hit would have been more dangerous . The precursor detonated the first layer and actual warhead was stopped by the second

Edited by antaress73

The manual says .. Dual layer of era on thé Hull.. Single on te turret side.. It probable hit the Hull then .. A turret hit would have been more dangerous . Thé precursor detonated thé first layer ettge actual warhead was stopped by the second

The gif in Bill's post shows the same ERA tiles on the turret sides as on the hull, at least graphically. Perhaps the turret also gets the double-layered ERA on the 'excellent' equipment setting?

Here's a treat, the guys over at www.combatmission.fr have started to translate this AAR into French:  http://www.combatmission.fr/recits-de-parties/black-sea-beta-par-bil-hardenberger/

Pretty neat   ;)

Now that's fame if I've ever seen it. Congrats on being propelled to international superstar!

Edited by BigDog944

Still trying to get one of my damned BMPs to fire at the wall... I've wasted a couple turns now trying to get them to fire at it and not use airburst.

I do hope to take it, if for no other reason than that it'll make a great OP, and it'll be one more objective Scott will need to recapture.

Isn' that a B#tch! When you tested it it worked. I hope i didn't jinx you when I commented much earlier "Now watch it choose to use air burst for area fire when you do it for real"

Edited by Vinnart

Hello, I've joined this website after watching a live stream of this game and thought I would join and could provide some information.  I served in the Russian Airborne Forces during the 2008-2011.  You are in a tight situation and knowing that M1A2 is overpowered in most games I think you are in a tight situation.  It really does annoy me that M1A2 surpasses the T-90A even the AM variant.   Go defensive use RPG-7 with VR rocket and flank tanks from the sides.  No need to risk any tanks.  Tanks should be a layer of defense for now once you thin out his forces go for a push on the weakest flanks.  Artillery tree lines that you fear enemies are and use infantry on his  flanks and take out recon teams and anti tank teams. This should provide you more easy maneuvers.  Artillery is key if you want to thin out enemy forces never over think if you should use it or not.  If there is a anti-tank unit there is bound to be its support team nearby bomb the location this is an example though.