The Vehicle Pack is out!

At first I jumped in neglecting to read the directions to activate and ended staring at a screen asking me to activate CMBN. It's fairly straightforward activate vehicle pack, then 3.0 (which is base CMBN), and any and all modules. Voila all working now.

As desirable as it it looks the new activation sequence befuddles my brain and is a tad off-putting. I'll look at it again in the morning...

Will this affect h2h games? If you get the pack get upgraded to 3.10 will other opponents have to be on ver. 3.10

Yep.

OR

Ken says you can make a copy of your current 3.0 install and name it "Ken was here" and then upgrade that one so you have two separate installs. That way you can enjoy the new vehicles and still keep up with your existing PBEM games.

Is this worth purchasing?

I am afraid I will never be able to afford new units because rarity must be mind boggling. Also I have feeling this package will seriously unbalance the game. 76 mm fanatic AT gun bunker is gonna made the game impossible to win for allied player.

I am afraid I will never be able to afford new units because rarity must be mind boggling. Also I have feeling this package will seriously unbalance the game. 76 mm fanatic AT gun bunker is gonna made the game impossible to win for allied player.

Yes- Just watching the Crab is great fun!

Not if you flank em with an AVRE..... They can't move and have a limited arc. Or you could just get a FT team and roast em.

LOL! Seriously.

Fanatic 76mm AT gun bunker gotcha down? Sic a croc on that, mate! "Phwooosh!!!", problem solved. A "self-balancing pack", aye...

damn, I lost. I was betting the first "I am not gonna pay for this" post would happen within the first 10. You guys are slipping.

This was my first "not paying for this" post on BFC, but i feel with no scenarios 20 is just too much, but who knows maybe if i find a good video on how to make your own missions maybe i will get it then.. but i dont like quick battles in cm games so this pack would be useless to me sadly

Well, you may not see the utility right now. Do you pbem? It is helpful to stay current if you do.

Creating your own battles is mindboggling easy. Open the editor, give it a whirl. I cannot over recommend the included pdf about designing battles. (Written by JonS.) Read it in a pub/bar while you quaff a pint or two and give that lass the look. Obviously, once she comes over your way, only a dolt would keep reading the pdf. Give her your full attention. She deserves it. Don't talk about yourself. Really.

The next morning, sit down with a fresh cup of coffee in front of your computer, and open the editor. Recall whatever suits you from the night before; the pdf or the lass. Use the your memory of either one to help create a map. Then throw in some forces. Get another cup of coffee and see what you've wrought.

There. Now Bob's your uncle and he wants to know if you saw his daughter in the pub last night. Best go.

Good luck.

(C'mon: $20 is what? About 2 cups of charbucks these days, right?)

Well, you may not see the utility right now. Do you pbem? It is helpful to stay current if you do.

Creating your own battles is mindboggling easy. Open the editor, give it a whirl. I cannot over recommend the included pdf about designing battles. (Written by JonS.) Read it in a pub/bar while you quaff a pint or two and give that lass the look. Obviously, once she comes over your way, only a dolt would keep reading the pdf. Give her your full attention. She deserves it. Don't talk about yourself. Really.

The next morning, sit down with a fresh cup of coffee in front of your computer, and open the editor. Recall whatever suits you from the night before; the pdf or the lass. Use the your memory of either one to help create a map. Then throw in some forces. Get another cup of coffee and see what you've wrought.

There. Now Bob's your uncle and he wants to know if you saw his daughter in the pub last night. Best go.

Good luck.

(C'mon: $20 is what? About 2 cups of charbucks these days, right?)

Hello Ken,

3.10 will be a free patch soon, so we will be updated :-)

Regards

This was my first "not paying for this" post on BFC, but i feel with no scenarios 20 is just too much, but who knows maybe if i find a good video on how to make your own missions maybe i will get it then.. but i dont like quick battles in cm games so this pack would be useless to me sadly

But there are a lot of people who do make those missions. You won't be able to enjoy theirs without this.

The short answer is, yes.

I'll add....I think there are 27 new units (I'm not sure how many hands you have :) ) which works out to 74 cents per unit. When put in those terms...... For me, it's worth 20 bucks just to have the flame units and AVRE.

Yea, but expensive when you consider what you get with a typical Module such as Commonwealth. Commonwealth included not only a lot more new units but new OOBs, Battles and Campaigns. (The new Vehicle Pack is over half the price of a Module if you buy it alone). Don't get me wrong, I will gladly get the vehicle pack even with the steep price, but you have to admit it's steep for what you get.

Yes- Just watching the Crab is great fun!

Not if you flank em with an AVRE..... They can't move and have a limited arc. Or you could just get a FT team and roast em.

Can I actually afford AVRE? Perhaps some body posts some pricing information.

I have no problem paying for the extra units. BFC can bring out as many packs as they like and I will get them all.

But the activation process :eek:

How do you activate the modules and the pack? I see no sign of an 'activation' link anywhere.

If you're on the PC, it's under Start>All Programs>Battlefront>Combat Mission Normandy. On the Mac, it's in the Documents folder.

Download process is really confusing. Keep entering the 3.0 serial and get invalid number.

You only have to enter it once then try each of your module keys (if you have modules) and the vehicle pack key. For some reason when you have a successful activation it's coming up with the same message for everything...Example: You have successfully activated CM Battle For Normandy.

Mord.

But there are a lot of people who do make those missions. You won't be able to enjoy theirs without this.

^^^

This... I'm currently about 50% done with my first attempt at making a CMx1 style operation (inspired by some CMSF custom pbems with MarkEzra) for CMBN. One will need the kitchen sink to play it (along with a 64 bit box). It will be best played h2h but I am determined to make it single player as well if I can.

None of us knows the cost of making this pack so I don't think there is a rational basis for challenging the price.