Live stream of Upgrade 3.0 soon

UPGRADE 3.0 FEATURES

Gameplay

• Ground units are now able to fire at attacking aircraft

• Ammo Dumps allow platoons to have reserve ammo stored separately on map (automatically distributed for certain Skill Levels)

• WeGo TCP/IP with the ability to save but not the ability to replay combat action

• Spotters restricted to directing only one Mission at a time. Assets can now be group fired.

• More realistic/varied RoF of automatic weapons.

• Improved load time for scenarios, especially larger ones with complex terrain

User Interface

• Three different sets of camera controls; Standard (traditional), First Person Shooter, and Real Time Strategy

• Optional graphical Command and Control link tracing

• KIAs are shown in the Soldier/Crew Panels to track soldiers lost during the game

• Option to disable music separate from other game sounds

Editor

• Ability to create AI Triggers that execute actions based on other units or interaction with Objectives (existing battles do not have this, but it can be added by authors if they wish)

• Maximum map size increased

• Improved responsiveness of 2D editing, especially for large maps

• Improved load time for 3D Preview, especially large maps

• Customized "Mod Tags" for most graphics. This allows for multiple mods for the same item without the need to move items in/out of Data folder

• Ability to specify specific mods be used for a specific Scenario. If CM fails to find the specified mod it will use the default

Graphics

• Hit impacts to vehicles and bunkers now shown graphically ("hit decals")

• Water animates for fording units

• Improved shaders

I missed the live stream. I did not see tank riders or flame throwers listed above. Anybody know if these two features are included?

Chris explicitly addressed the topic of Tank Riders. And the answer to that is no, that feature isn't going to be included. The reason Chris gave for that was that reworking the AFV models to support that was considered by Battlefront to be too big a job for the price of the upgrade.

Regarding flamethrowers. Chris didn't show any, they weren't featured in the scenarios he played (stock CMBN and CMFI scenarios). Maybe they're in, just that they're not used by any of the existing scenarios for those two games.

*Improved shaders*

Are these improved shaders the same ones that are in CMRT? I think the shadows and shaders actually look worse for me in CMRT than in CMFI and CMBN. I hope these are new and improved.

Yes Shaders seem improved mate, as I can see from live content

Regarding flamethrowers. Chris didn't show any, they weren't featured in the scenarios he played (stock CMBN and CMFI scenarios). Maybe they're in, just that they're not used by any of the existing scenarios for those two games.

They are not in.

Great that its soon out! But a bit disapointed about no tank riders. Up the price, Id pay.

I wish its included in the pack instead. Set the price accordingly.

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing they're thinking of for a pack. While we haven't had one yet, so can't know for sure, BFC seem to consider packs a vehicle for more models and TO&E than extra functionality for existing models. Maybe the conversion to "rider-capable" is just a function of the model, and they could replace the old models with new ones. Would be difficult for HvH games, though, if one didn't have the pack; there'd have to be some retention of the old models... Sounds like a heck of a can of worms.

Guess we'll get it on the NWE/Med in v4.

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing they're thinking of for a pack. While we haven't had one yet, so can't know for sure, BFC seem to consider packs a vehicle for more models and TO&E than extra functionality for existing models. Maybe the conversion to "rider-capable" is just a function of the model, and they could replace the old models with new ones. Would be difficult for HvH games, though, if one didn't have the pack; there'd have to be some retention of the old models... Sounds like a heck of a can of worms.

Guess we'll get it on the NWE/Med in v4.

Yeah. Just hope it wont be left out for good.

Chris explicitly addressed the topic of Tank Riders. And the answer to that is no, that feature isn't going to be included. The reason Chris gave for that was that reworking the AFV models to support that was considered by Battlefront to be too big a job for the price of the upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. It is disappointing that tank riders and flame throwers are not in the 3.0 upgrades for CMBN & CMFI. A partial upgrade is better than no upgrade but I hope at some point in the future CMBN & CMFI are completely upgraded to 3.0. Battlefront should, of course, charge appropriately.