Non-gameplay improvements to CM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Move the red button to the left hand side of the UI. This is the BIG one.....

2. Make the Typeface "Command Phase: Give commands to our units" much more intrusive.

3. Have a new position for soldiers hiding under fire/pinned - prone with head down. Keep the foetal position for the broken.

4. Eye candy - Tanks and other vehicles leave tracks in the terrain!

David

after all this time playing I still mess the phases and red button pressing up sometimes, so Amen to some kind of "foolish button pressing prevention system" maybe the swith/ button can change color like its a transparent but with two different colored bulbs inside, red and yellow for movie mode and command mode or it could be two buttons, one to end each, and they light up when they work. They could be right next to each other and half width each, so it takes the same place as the current one.

HOLOGRAPHIC images that I can climb into that lets me feel like I am really in the game.

(oh, am I stretching just a little too far as to what to expect)

Well since this a dream thread, why not go Big :D

This, including terminal effects, is already implemented for CMSF and CMBS ;)

It'd be nice to see the ability to make preselected forces for quick battles. Going one step further, it'd be really cool to let the AI use these force selections from the player's pool. Going even further, being able to set different filters such as battle size, map type, rarity, attack versus defending role, would be extremely neat especially if the AI recognizes and uses those settings accordingly.

I would like them to solve whatever it is that limits each side in a QB to one force entity. (clumsily stated, I know)

Sorry, maybe I have just missed something that you are seeing, but I don't follow what you are saying. When I am making purchases for a QB I am frequently obliged to purchase units from two different forces/chains of command. But perhaps you are talking about something completely different?

Michael

I guess he means that he would like to buy from several nationalities for one side as you can do in scenarios.

Not only nationalities: the Germans have Army/SS/Luftwaffe/Kriegsmarine. But that selection.

I suspect it's less a problem to solve than a design choice to limit cherry-picking: how many Sherman 76s would you see if you could pick CW Fireflies as your "kitty killer" tank, for example?

Thanks womble, that's what I was trying to convey. While I was thinking in terms of the Germans there are scenarios in GL where the axis player has control of 2 nationalities.I haven't played any MG but I suspect there are scenarios with US and Brit forces operating together. In CW there is one scenario with Poles and US operating together (separate C2 in that as I recall). None of this can be done in QB and Steve has written that it is a coding issue... we've seen those overcome in the past.

Selectable AI-plans

When playing scenarios with multiple AI-plans i think i could be a nice idea to allow the player to select wich of the AI-plans he like to play.

This selection could be made on the same screens as we now use to select difficulty, playstyle and more...

If a scenario has for example 3 AI-plans the player should be allowed to chose wich one of thoose 3 he likes to play and also have the option to select random.

Wich would do just that. Select a random AI-plan.

Having selectable AI-plans would be very good when you have played a good scenario with high replay value and you want to have an other go at it.

The way it is now...If you are unlucky...After spending maybe an hour with setting up your troops...you realise that you are playing the same AI-plan once again when the desiger has gone through the trouble of creating two more.

You can reload and spend an other hour on the set-up but without any garanti that it will not be the same one again.

Selectable AI-plans would garanti that this does not happen !

I fired up Monster Mash against the AI and my German tanks are getting killed left and right. At maximum range. They're spotting nothing! What's going on? Oh, I forgot to manually unbutton the damn things. $*@&!

Admit it, this has happened to you.

So... here's another *minor* improvement. Make the default state of all AFVs 'unbuttoned' at the start of a scenario. CM tank commanders are already savvy about closing the hatch when the bullets begin whizzing past their heads.