best iteration yet

It is really amazing the increase in intensity from CMBN (all 3) / and CMFI.

The thing that is freaking me out is the droning of airplanes above. My SPW flaks are firing at them, but I am realizing infantry and light AFVs are really exposed.

This is freaking fun...

Really enjoying the game! I finished the tutorial campaign in one sitting at 6:00 am in the morning and now I have played Soviet campaign for a few hours (yet I'm only 15 minutes into the first mission :D ).

The game engine is better than ever as usual and I'm looking forward to getting it for CMBN. The eastern front landscape looks great (and doesn't have bocages). Russian forces really feel different with their short range firepower, tank riding and big-explosion-oriented vehicles.

Would like to add my praise here!

It's taken a few years of waiting, but CMx2 is steadily having all those wish list items we've yammered for added to it, not to mention looking and running better all the time. Can't wait to have 3.0 applied to the other titles, and really can't wait to see the new modern era game.

I'm making my way through the tutorial this evening and having a blast!

I underestimated how much having the C2 lines visible would make a difference. Very glad they are back in. Increases the "playability" of the game tenfold IMO.

The way casualties are shown in the UI is a very good change as well.

Perhaps best of all the nightmare of bocage terrain is at an end.

Now we just need to be able to select waypoints from the lines themselves and all will be well ;).

PS. Anyone who wants a tcp-ip wego game, shoot me a PM and let's set up a time.

So many things to love about CMRT/ v3.0.

I'm at work, so a few quick things:

Hit decals are sooooo cool.

I really like the lingering flame effects. From preview material, I thought those were for flamethrowers only, but I see they are for various explosions, too. They really add to the atmosphere.

And...holy chit...big rocket barrages are...sublime.

Love CMRT so far. Aside from the already mentioned hit decals, the maps are impressive. The various tree models are beautiful, and the colour pallette seems just about perfect to me - the maps are gorgeous.

The 'atmosphere' seems improved too - there's a nice distance haze which I've not noticed in the other games.

As has been observed elsewhere the tank models are excellent out of the box.

It was worth the wait!

I underestimated how much having the C2 lines visible would make a difference. Very glad they are back in. Increases the "playability" of the game tenfold IMO.

Haven't decided yet whether I will want them on all the time. I expect the picture could get confusing with a lot of units on the map. But so far I do kind of like them. They help me be mindful of placing my units so as to maximize C2 as much as possible and where that cannot be done not to be surprised if they don't perform as well. That's what I always did using the existing C2 graphics, but the command lines do help.

Michael