It's a good thing that Apple isn't publishing CMRT or...

LukeFF

...we might have to endure nonsense like this:

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/apple-rejects-tank-battle-1942-depicting-germans-russians-enemies/

In case you think you’ve read that wrong, I’ll summarise: a World War II-themed game that depicts fighting between two countries that actually fought in WWII breaks the rules. And apparently Drive on Moscow, Panzer Corps, and every single one of Hunted Cow’s other Tank Battle games don’t.

Well, apparently Apple has a macro issue with conflict. Period. On this basis, to resolve a burning one, I propose that Apple be forced to have two virtual calculators in not only the Mac OS/iOS, but in all apps employing such calculating functions. Clearly, it's discriminatory, ethnically insensitive and possibly racist of Apple to exclude RPN (Reverse Polish Notation), right?

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, apparently Apple has a macro issue with conflict. Period. On this basis, to resolve a burning one, I propose that Apple be forced to have two virtual calculators in not only the Mac OS/iOS, but in all apps employing such calculating functions. Clearly, it's discriminatory, ethnically insensitive and possibly racist of Apple to exclude RPN (Reverse Polish Notation), right?

Regards,

John Kettler

Yep, just turned on my 15C, still works after 30ish years. I am going to complain to Apple.

Noba.

Well, they have the appeal spelt out. The Soviet Union hasn't existed since 1991 and the Third Reich since 1945, so

Specifically, we noticed your app depicts real entity as the enemies.

no longer real entities. Yet I wonder what would Apple guidelines have to say about Football Manager, and all the rhethoric surrounding Man City and Man United matches, or FC Barcelona and Espanyol.

Regards,

John Kettler

Are you trying to say Poles are backward?

Oh man, but wait doesn't that mean the BFC's Combat Mission are also in violation of the app store rules?

From what I've seen in the past from posters complaining about the tardiness of update availability for app store bought combat mission games, it's no loss if the app store doesn't sell future CM games.

The walled garden idea of controlling what is sold has some merit - but only if the people implementing the policies aren't ignorant. They'll have a melt-down if they start reading history of conflicts between different nations, religions and ethnicities - humans have been such an un-politically-correct lot ;)

it's no loss if the app store doesn't sell future CM games.

Indeed.

The walled garden idea of controlling what is sold has some merit - but only if the people implementing the policies aren't ignorant.

Well sure, but ignorance is the basic problem with humans :D I personally don't have a problem with the idea of walled gardens either but there needs to be choice between gardens - some more permissive than others. The problem with what Apple has done is one size does *not* fit all.

Their headquarters is in the capital of LiberalLand what'd you expect? I'm shocked they put anything on their store that even includes a firearm of any kind tbh.

LOL they are just up the road. Please don't attribute the bonkers Apple attitude to us. This is the company that has an army of slaves in China to make them as rich as possible, certainly not the bastion of liberal thinking.

Ultradave,

I have an HP-11C Dad passed on to me circa when he upgraded to the fabulous HP-41C, which was the calculator equivalent of warp drive. I used mine at work for things like calculating SAM effectiveness in Fleet Air Defense scenarios and Pk for defined size steel fragments vs various military targets. If asked, I might confess to using it in business school and even wargaming. Rock on, RNG!

Regards,

John Kettler

LOL they are just up the road. Please don't attribute the bonkers Apple attitude to us. This is the company that has an army of slaves in China to make them as rich as possible, certainly not the bastion of liberal thinking.

Oh, I agree as it is hypocrisy at its finest. I've lived in CA since 1986. I can attribute whatever I want about this bonker state, especially after working in SF for over 3 years :D I especially can't wait until our current CinC makes another cash drive by to take money from exactly those same 'liberals'. :P