Flamey stuff

Chek

In one of the screenshots there's a Russian ROKS-3 flamethrower guy walking past a KO'd Pak40. You'll notice the ground around the gun is still smoldering. I haven't seen any blazing wheat fields or anything like that but the game is evolving so quickly it makes your head spin. Never say never.

Was so blown away seeing flames I didn't know what to say. Of course, since I expected the Op Bagration game to have the Op's name as part of the title, I was caught flatfooted by Red Thunder. In fact, my first reaction, to what I thought was something like CM: Touch or Assault Wave was: "Hey! "Why do they get flame, and we don't? Such is the power of a product announcement when you're expecting a bone.

On a groggy note, will the deliberate design of the ROKS-3 to look like a rifle so that FTs weren't readily identifiable be reflected in a) how the AI treats such ROKS-3 equipped men in terms of target priorities and B) in terms of appearing like a regular infantryman until very close to the spotting unit or under high magnification?

Hit decals are great! Now if we could get parts coming off, such as a turret when a tank explodes…A man can dream, right? Overall, a big step in the right direction, but we've got to make sure we don't need that new PRC super computer to play these games with all the ultra realism we'd like to have!

Regards,

John Kettler