What did patch 2.12 do?

Could be, Doug. That's what I originally thought. But it is pretty damn big...I would have thought it would be a mini-patch just making those minor corrections from the last patch, not a complete re-do.

I would imagine the 2.12 patch does everything the 2.11 patch did, minus the bugs. It's probably a comprehensive patch, back to 2.0, which would mean we should all be able to delete the 2.11 patch from our jump drives/hard drives/cloud drives.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few fixes off the top of my head. The final artwork for the rear end of the Sherman III is now in place, Jpz IV armor quality has been bumped up a bit, the floaty bits for the German HMGs while moving has been fixed. And a host of other little stuff like an AA HT wheel not turning and funky German helmet LODs. All fixed an happy. Oh, Bren MG and Lee Enfield now have butt plates. Maybe that was v2.11, maybe that was v2.12.

I would imagine the 2.12 patch does everything the 2.11 patch did, minus the bugs. It's probably a comprehensive patch, back to 2.0, which would mean we should all be able to delete the 2.11 patch from our jump drives/hard drives/cloud drives.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're spot-on. :)

Now am to scared to install. How does one revert the install in case I need to? Do I just install v2.11 ontop of 2.12?

Yikes, no that will not work.

or do I have to do a clean reinstall to revert version?

Before you install 2.12 make a copy of your working install of 2.11. Give the copy a sensible name. Install the 2.12 patch into the newly copied install. Now you have both 2.11 and 2.12 installed and you can choose which to run. Once any current PBEM games you have going are done and you are happy with 2.12 you can delete the old one.

I've been doing that since 1.0. In fact at the moment I have 1.1, 2.01, 2.1 and 2.11 all installed side by each. And that 2.11 install was originally a 1.0 install that was copied and upgraded bit by bit.

I need to clean some of that up :D

A few fixes off the top of my head. The final artwork for the rear end of the Sherman III is now in place, Jpz IV armor quality has been bumped up a bit, the floaty bits for the German HMGs while moving has been fixed. And a host of other little stuff like an AA HT wheel not turning and funky German helmet LODs. All fixed an happy. Oh, Bren MG and Lee Enfield now have butt plates. Maybe that was v2.11, maybe that was v2.12.

Thx for the fixes, but don't they deserve to be put in the proper changelog?

another avast user here, I cannot run the 2.12exe file. As soon as it starts to download Avast moves it to quarantine. Even when I restore it from Avasts 'virus chest' it then hits the red alert all over again and prevents the exe running.

Any help appreciated.

I disabled Avast (you can do this by right-clicking the Avast toolbar icon) while downloading and installing it. Worked great.

Is there not a changelog in the readme files? There should be.

There is one. But, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't all those changes listed already in 2.11?

I don't see any of new 2.12 changes listed (Deploy bug, Jpz IV armor, Sherman III texture, ect)

v2.12 Features:

* Faster graphics, including FPS and quality improvements, especially for infantry-heavy maps and faster video cards

* PIAT max range reduced to 180m

* Bridge navigation problems corrected

* ATG issues when setting up near walls and bocage corrected

* Various minor bug fixes

* "Ditch Contours" feature

* Generally improved graphics, including FPS and quality improvements, and better support for faster video cards

* AA guns can no longer incorrectly limber near walls and bocage

* Passenger vulnerability in soft skinned vehicles increased

* German halftrack gunners lowered to a more accurate protective stance

* Some urban roofs that incorrectly blocked LOS/LOF no longer do

* Vehicles using Pause do not have accuracy reduced as if they are still moving

* King Tiger ammo counts lowered to probable correct amounts of 64 for Porsche type and 70 for Henschel

* Marder II based formation added to Quick Battles (Luftwaffe only)

* Jagdpanzer IV/70 now has ammo for it's machinegun

* Sherman M4A3(75)W (Rhino) now shows the cutter attachment

* US Airborne uniform options for Holland corrected

* Missing German Airborne and Navy unit portraits now included

* Fog looks better

There are listings in both for new features.

Installed the 2.12 CMBN patch and the 1.12 CMFI patch on my Mac with no problems.

CMFI v1.12 = 1.9MB

CMBN v2.12 = 415KB

Vin's animated text CMFI v1-11 appears safe.

Have not had time to test for improvements but I am sure they are there.

Happy T-Day.

There is one. But, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't all those changes listed already in 2.11?

I don't see any of new 2.12 changes listed (Deploy bug, Jpz IV armor, Sherman III texture, ect)

Nope, there are new ones. For instance "fog looks better" was an Italy change, but was broadened to both Italy AND CMBN by a fix we made for 2.12. We mixed it in with the 2.11 change log because 2.12 is essentially a super-patch over 2.11, which is why 2.12 / 1.12 contain everything (data files, etc.) that their respective earlier patches did.

I was able to find the 2.11 changelog using Google cache. Setting asside the items in the 2.12 changelog that are listed twice for some reason, the fog change is new. But that is the only difference between the 2.11 and 2.12 logs.

New 2.11 Feature List

* Generally improved graphics, including FPS and quality improvements, and better support for faster video cards

* AA guns can no longer incorrectly limber near walls and bocage

* Passenger vulnerability in soft skinned vehicles increased

* German halftrack gunners lowered to a more accurate protective stance

* Some urban roofs that incorrectly blocked LOS/LOF no longer do

* Vehicles using Pause do not have accuracy reduced as if they are still moving

* King Tiger ammo counts lowered to probable correct amounts of 64 for Porsche type and 70 for Henschel

* Marder II based formation added to Quick Battles (Luftwaffe only)

* Jagdpanzer IV/70 now has ammo for it's machinegun

* Sherman M4A3(75)W (Rhino) now shows the cutter attachment

* US Airborne uniform options for Holland corrected

* Missing German Airborne and Navy unit portraits now included

Nope, there are new ones. For instance "fog looks better" was an Italy change, but was broadened to both Italy AND CMBN by a fix we made for 2.12.

I still think we have a ways to go with how fog looks in the game. The dense setting in CMX2 barely looks like the light fog setting in CMX1. It just doesn't have the same amount of body and "floatiness" as the old game did.

Mord.

Hmm, odd. I distinctly recall adding the new items to the Mac README. I wonder if something went awry with the deployment of the PC README.

The fog problem those screenshots show isn't the bug that was fixed. Those screenshots show a much more complex problem. It's definitely on the list, but it's a nasty one.