What's this?!

Mord

You're welcome, guys. Hope ya'll enjoy it.

There's a lot of new stuff added 'specially if you are getting the MG version.

CHANGE LOG Mord & DCs MG Portraits V. 4.0

November 18th 2013

Added Falschirmjager, SS Infantry, Polish AB, Luft Armor and Arm Inf, Kriesgmarine.

Added appropriate divisions for the above.

Added 1st Polish Parachute Brigade.

Added 16th SS Panzer Grenadier Division

Added 1st Airborne Divisions (Brit)

Added two new faces to represent Brit Glider Inf.

Added 34th SS Gren Div

Complete redo of Luftwaffe Infanrty Portraits.

Complete redo of Polish Armored Infantry Portraits.

Added SS Heavy Panzer battalion 501 & 502.

Complete redo of SS Armored Infantry portraits.

Added U.S. Regiments for all U.S. Formations (254 new BMPS!).

Total redo of Ranger and Glider Infantry portraits.

Corrected 61 ahistorical US Flag backgrounds.

Corrected the mislabeled 365th German Infantry Division to the 69th.

Added 65th German Infantry Division.

Corrected some unit name spelling errors.

DC came through again with his encyclopedia CW brain...there were a few stragglers that needed tracking down and thankfully he had his Pngs and modding notes ready for me. I easily had 20 hours of research for just the last week...he saved me a ton of extra time. He's a great partner/collaborator.

Mord.

Nice work Mord. Can someone please explain how this mod works/doesn't work?

Even though we got lots of awesome portrait and unit insignia combos to choose from, it is still up to the player to manually activate/deactivate the appropriate portrait/insignia combo depending on the scenario and the units depicted in it? What do people normally end up doing?

Thanks a lot Mord and DC, awesome job!! This must have been a lot of work!

Lt Bull, this mod, as you say, asks the player to choose and rename if needed. So, in my case, I may use some generic portraits for everyday battles and if on a campaign or a looong battle, choose the appropiate portraits, which surprisingly adds a lot to inmersion.

Nice work Mord. Can someone please explain how this mod works/doesn't work?

Aris pretty much nailed it. I'll add that there are detailed instructions in the bottom of the Readme. Your best bet would be to copy and paste from the main mod in case you forget who some of the Divisions/Regiments are. It can get quite confusing when dealing with the Brits and Canadians and once the suffix is removed you'll play hell trying to remember.

Thanks a lot Mord and DC, awesome job!! This must have been a lot of work!

You are welcome.

It was a fair bit considering it was meant just to update the portraits to MG...and then I started getting critical LOL. Insert can of worms...

which surprisingly adds a lot to inmersion.

Yeah, it really does. The pics are such a small part of the UI but when I have a particular division and regiment loaded up it makes the battle seem much more personal...historic. Used in conjunction with all the cool division uni mods and it really adds to the game.

Thanks Mord. You are a great asset to the BF community.

Appreciate it, brotha.

Did you notice the US Flags? LOL. They drove me crazy ever since you pointed that out all those months ago. BTW don't those CMFI portraits look bland? Someone is gonna have to remedy that...with historically correct US flags to boot.

And you are all welcome. Hope they bring you lots of joy.

Mord.

Lt Bull, this mod, as you say, asks the player to choose and rename if needed. So, in my case, I may use some generic portraits for everyday battles and if on a campaign or a looong battle, choose the appropiate portraits, which surprisingly adds a lot to inmersion.

OK. I agree the head/insignia combo look really good. It would be great if scenarios could automatically load the right graphic like BF have recently done with the "muddy" files for vehicles and I believe some other graphics depending on what's going on in the scenario.

OK. I agree the head/insignia combo look really good. It would be great if scenarios could automatically load the right graphic like BF have recently done with the "muddy" files for vehicles and I believe some other graphics depending on what's going on in the scenario.

What he says..I hope BF makes this happen then I'd use the mod.

Mord & DC's MG Unit Portraits 4 is, IMO, one of the must have mods.

Thank you & DC.

The simple method of enjoying it is as Fuser noted "...use some generic portraits for everyday battles and if on a campaign or a looong battle, choose the appropiate portraits, which surprisingly adds a lot to immersion."

Loading specific icons by "delete suffix at the end of a BMP file name.." is not difficult but does require effort.. to make the game even more saturated with realism. Would be worth the effort if I am spending many hours / days on a scenario I value.

It would be cool if CMx2-3, etc made managing all mods easier and semi automatic but that would require more programing time = $$$.

Thanks Buzz. Glad you like it.

Well, one way of making it easier is put your favorite division portrait in the same folder as your division patch uniform mods, that's what I do. So if I load up a 1st infantry uniform in the mods folder, the portrait will load with it. Makes it quicker and you don't have to remind yourself.

Mord.

Thanks Buzz. Glad you like it.

Well, one way of making it easier is put your favorite division portrait in the same folder as your division patch uniform mods, that's what I do. So if I load up a 1st infantry uniform in the mods folder, the portrait will load with it. Makes it quicker and you don't have to remind yourself.

Mord.

Thanks for the tips and Unit Portraits 4 Mord & DC.