Look UP

-What is APCR ammo? (M18GMC) We can destroy the Death Star with that? :D

"Armour-piercing, composite rigid (APCR) is a British term, the US term for the design is high velocity armor piercing (HVAP) and German, Hartkernmunition."

- Wikipedia

Doesnt say anything on Wikipedia about how effective it is against Death Stars though...

Ian mentioned it already but this is really great:

Ammo Sharing (page 56): Heavy weapon teams will now draw ammunition from neighboring units first, before depleting their own ammunition. The order of precedence for drawing ammo is:

1. Organic ammo bearer team.

2. Non-organic ammo bearer team.

3. Internal ammo.

Time to change my sig - thanks BFC!

Vencini,

What agusto said, to which I'd add: Americans called APCR by their own acronym HVAP (Hypervelocity Armor Piercing). In the CMx2 games, APCR, HVAP and PzGr 40 (plus arrowhead for the Russians when Op Bagration comes out) are all designated "T" ( for tungsten, actually, tungsten carbide) in the ammunition loads. Hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kettler

Hmmm

Ambush Armour - 'functions like Ambush'

What does that mean? Does the Ambush command only exist for the AI?

According to the manual, "Ambush" is an AI stance that "instructs the units to only open fire if the enemy closes within a specific distance. Several distance options are available, from 75m to 1000m."

Probably the actual mechanic involves target arcs, and "Ambush Armour" is the same thing but with target armor arcs.

Moon

As per the PDF Manual

Um, Great, however I would like to be able to print it off and read it old school(on the throne) and it seems to be print protected by a password. :confused:

I hope that is just for preview purposes and once I purchase it will be printable?

Or am I missing out on the secret handshake and key to the executive washroom?

Cheers

When I saw the title of this thread my second thought was of the Friendly Giant. For the few that might not know what that is: it is an old children's show and after the intro music the "giant" arranges some chairs for us viewers and then says "Look up - way up" to start the show:

"And I'll call Rusty...". Doesn't that just bring back memories, eh?

Taking the thread off the rail a bit, it seems that Rusty and Jerome have been kicked out of the CBC museum:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2007/11/28/friendly_giant_puppets_pulled_from_cbc.html

"And I'll call Rusty...". Doesn't that just bring back memories, eh?

Taking the thread off the rail a bit, it seems that Rusty and Jerome have been kicked out of the CBC museum:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2007/11/28/friendly_giant_puppets_pulled_from_cbc.html

Yikes, I all for poking fun at pretty much anything but to actually use the puppets that you don't actually own and have a contract forbidding any use without approval. Oops somebody screwed up big - really big.

Vencini,

What agusto said, to which I'd add: Americans called APCR by their own acronym HVAP (Hypervelocity Armor Piercing). In the CMx2 games, APCR, HVAP and PzGr 40 (plus arrowhead for the Russians when Op Bagration comes out) are all designated "T" ( for tungsten, actually, tungsten carbide) in the ammunition loads.

No they aren't.

According to the manual, "Ambush" is an AI stance that "instructs the units to only open fire if the enemy closes within a specific distance. Several distance options are available, from 75m to 1000m."

Probably the actual mechanic involves target arcs, and "Ambush Armour" is the same thing but with target armor arcs.

It simply instructs the AI player unit to set a 360 deg. target arc (or target armor arc with the new option) at the selected distance. The actual behavior is no different than a human player unit given a target arc.