Gustav is Here!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Would also pre order if shipping wasent so expensive. With the DL option only its a no brainer for me. If that wasent possible I would pre order on day one.. must have CM!

Cant wait for the new MG code also in the Italian theatre. :)

Yeah - download option would be great!! Especially for us not in the USA (I also have $27 shipping cost to NZ). Seems strange they don't offer a 'download only' pre-order but knowing Battlefront there must be one. Anyway I remember when I pre-ordered CMBO all those years ago. I had to wait ~ 6 weeks because it went to New Caledonia not New Zealand. Now that was painful !!!! :). Now hurry Steve/Battlefront and give us a chance to download - the pre-order guys have had there chance....haha

Grrr - gimme that download option. I'd pre-order it! Yes, I know the shop doesn't support it. Still.

Or learn to use Bittorrent! Would even get faster the more people download. And no traffic cost for you!

Arrgh - patience is not strong with this one!

;)

So those of us who dont want an expensive box but who would pre -order are not trusted and loyal customers ?

+1 to this: I would be interested to know the reasoning / logic for not offering preorder on the download-ony option? I would have bitten, even with no preorder discount, if it were available: both to support BF and to get early access.

+1 to this: I would be interested to know the reasoning / logic for not offering preorder on the download-ony option? I would have bitten, even with no preorder discount, if it were available: both to support BF and to get early access.

whatever the reason - I do agree... I would also have bought the digital pre-order the moment it had been up for purchase... - however... I can wait for a few more hours ;)

:)C,mon its night time here in Oz, and the majority of the people are now home from work ready for some Gustav style. Feel sorry for the people in the States who have to wait to the come home from work before they can play it-not! Release now or in 15 minutes after I have shower. The choice is yours:D

Downloaded Gustav---since it was taking some time I walked away-----came back to PC--nothing showed -- Norton "BLOCKED" it according to info --In a "Quarantine one can get it out --but with "block" there seems to be no option other than turning off the entire Norton system ? I AM NOT TECH Savvy ---- Any simple way to overcome this ---Thanks

Downloaded Gustav---since it was taking some time I walked away-----came back to PC--nothing showed -- Norton "BLOCKED" it according to info --In a "Quarantine one can get it out --but with "block" there seems to be no option other than turning off the entire Norton system ? I AM NOT TECH Savvy ---- Any simple way to overcome this ---Thanks

Anybody who has issues like this, please post to the Tech Support forum - we have folks monitoring the threads there for issues. If it's buried in a more general thread on this forum we may not catch it. In this case, of course, I *did* catch it, so I've passed it along to our resident anti-virus genius so he can check it out. :)

Actually, the best thing to do would be to contact Norton and ask them :) Other than some encryption (as protection against hacking), the installer file is double-code signed with Battlefront.com's identity, so there should be no reason at all for Norton to act up. There really isn't anything else we can do to prevent this, and we can only give some hints as to how change some Norton settings. The proper support for Norton software should be expected from Norton.

Actually, the best thing to do would be to contact Norton and ask them :) Other than some encryption (as protection against hacking), the installer file is double-code signed with Battlefront.com's identity, so there should be no reason at all for Norton to act up. There really isn't anything else we can do to prevent this, and we can only give some hints as to how change some Norton settings. The proper support for Norton software should be expected from Norton.

Don't I wish the world worked like that. We had an issue recently with an end user who could not dial into our conference server. We get Avaya and AT&T on the phone to figure out where we are losing the touchtones. We run some traces and we aren't seeing them anywhere so then we follow the AT&T trace and they are getting the call as a handoff from Verizon in Queens NY. So then we get Vonage on the line (the end user has their service) and demonstrate that between them and Verizon, they seem to not be passing the digits at the handoff. Vonage makes some adjustments (after multiple calls and responses that they would "get back to us") and eliminates the Verizon pop as a handoff and voila, all starts working.

So we spent over a week to troubleshoot for an end user a situation caused by their local vendor and a provider that we don't even use... and we are a global company. What we WANTED to tell them was - dump Vonage you idiot!

Right click the Norton icon in your system tray. Click disable anti virus auto protect - download - reenable.

The problem with norton comes with their rating system I have found - part of the auto protect is a rating based on the number of other people who have downloaded it. they seem to work on the presumption that if no one else has downloaded it - then they dont know what it is and the safest thing to do is nuke it with no option for recovery. Which I can undestand up to the point of no recovery, its my PC after all and if I want to recover it then I should be allowed to. Generally the commonwealth module gets delted as well when I install that.

Odd thing is it never affects the main game - just the modules.

Courtesy of sfhand:

NEW v1.10 GAME FEATURES included in the Module:

* Improved range of video card and driver compatibility with shaders.

* Possible speed improvements depending on video card hardware and drivers.

* Minor fixes and adjustments to shader behavior.

* Corrected a problem that allowed mortars to change location but retain too much target acquisition.

* Corrected accuracy issues with on-map artillery.

* MGs fire longer, more accurate bursts.

* Suppression from small arms fire accumulates faster.

* Improved hit location calculations on bunkers.

* Corrected a problem with soldiers bringing their weapons along when leaving bunkers.

* Improved calculation of damage from anti-vehicle mines.

* Path following improved on bridges, vertical moves between building levels, heavy weapon deployment and through marsh/ford areas.

* Corrected small problems with the display of weapon deployment time.

* Small arms fire versus unarmored vehicles is more effective.

* Vehicles with paused movement orders no longer have lowered accuracy.

* The purple targeting line for Pop Smoke disappears when it should.

* Italian 47mm AP now has a bursting charge.

* PSW 231 armored car turret rotation is properly centered.

* SPW 251/10 halftrack can carry a 3-man HQ team in addition to its crew.

* US high-explosive rifle grenades operate correctly.

* Engagement range of US B.A.R. increased to reflect usage as a form of LMG.

* Miscellaneous 3D model fixes.