Leaked CM Bagration alpha screenshot.

The guy about to throw what appears to be a hand grenade can look a bit like he's doing a calisthenics routine if you don't look too closely. The cocked grenade could well be his left arm.

Sheesh... Do I have to explain everything! :)

Regards

Jim R.

Only to very very old people :)

Ah, that cover takes me back to the war comics I read as a youngster, each SMG doubled as a flamethrower! Also the poor composition makes it appear as though the second soldier is about about to start dancing, using his extra-long right leg.

extra long right leg? Can't you tell this is the special uber soldier developed in nazi gene tanks- it is a three legged double soldier. It is the early version so the rifle toting soldier has his right leg connected to the left leg of the SMG toting soldier. Later production would change that design flaw.

either that or this is an example of why the early version of the game twister was recalled due to horrific injuries among players competing for the same dots. After all look at the face on that soldier, he is obviously in pain.

Bolt Action - nice set of rules. Plays quick without bogging down in too much detail, still captures the flavour of ww2 combat very well.

+1

It is co-designed by Alessio Cavatore who has been making some great new games since he left GW and Warhammer 40K behind. BFC should hire him as a conceptual consultant for some fresh eyes!

Or perhaps even, he is Steve's separated at birth twin but peer rivalry prevents a joyful reunion ;)

Hm. Well, with cmx2 I fear the interrelation between Combat Mission and a boardgames has become more un-organic. But I must admit that I have often felt tempted to suggest Battlefront to widen their franchise through just such a thing as a miniature table top wargame. The strength of combat mission in such a case would be its focus on command structure and coherency between units. On the other hand, the dynamics of simultaneous input is quite difficult to implement in a board game featuring more than 3 units. If someone could work out uncomplicated WeGo rules for table top wargaming, it would become a fantastic game.