What we will see the next?

togi

Apart from the fact that Steve has often told us there will be FI expansions, there's one crucial difference between FI and A that should have stopped you thinking that: CM:A was done by a different studio; FI is in-house.

Possibly, but from a business point, why spend effort on a game that will bring very little return? The Italians surrender in Sep 43 and the game then becomes CMBN with different terrain. If CMAK was weakest of the first generation games I imagine CMFI didn't even match that.

I'd prefer BF to concentrate on products that keep them in being as long as possible.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our schedule is a bit flexible, but as of now for 2013:

Normandy 2.01 patch

Normandy 1.12 patch

Italy 1.02 patch

Something Nice

CMBN Market Garden

CMEF 1 (1944-1945, starting with Bagration)

CMSF 2 (introduces v3.0)

For 2014:

CM Bulge

CMEF 2 (1943-1944, starting with Kursk)

Various Packs sprinkled in here and there along the way. But it's too difficult to say what and when specifically.

We have no plans on doing a North Africa game at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it happening.

Steve

My take on the "Something Nice" mattter is the ability of the CMx2.0 version to be able to finally handle fire, allowing flamehtrowers etc. That's my enduring hope anyway.

Regards

KR

Perhaps 'something nice' will be the release of the first of the vehicle and equipment packs - perhaps with fire added all the tanks and formations will be retroactively updated with flame units? Of course there could be other weapons and formations represented as well, maybe Free French, etc. I remember Steve used to mention the desire to release Odds N Sods stuff so.. who knows. I would add 20mm to the flame thing, but happily this has been stated to be released with MG =D

I have to admit that my forum monitoring activities have gone up A LOT since Steve threw out those bones! I can't say what I'm more excited for, Eastern Front or CMSFx2 ... or maybe just "Fire! Fire! Fire!" ... to quote Beavis and Butthead.

Has any mention been made about drones in CMSFx2? Not just strike drones ... but information drones.

Has any mention been made about drones in CMSFx2? Not just strike drones ... but information drones.

Drones and actualaircraft/helicopters in CMSF would benice,as would being able to shoot them down. It was possible to shoot down aircraft inthe old CM so, at least in theory it ought to be possible now.Jets might well be very hard to shoot downover the battle area because of their speed and other defences but drones/helicopters can be much easiertargets.

And,of course, with helicopters one could do proper airmobile assaults with actual helicopter models coming into land and troops dismounting directly onto the ground or being able touse a "Rapell" command when low enough.

Usefulpotential softwarebase for any futuregames covering other modern conflicts suchas.of course, Vietnam :)