Aris Vehicle Thread...

Great job, Fuser. About that 88mm Flak, would you mind doing the 75 mm Pak too? It would make CMBN a lot better to look at. Sorry about my insolence, but if you won't, nobody will.

Why is that btw?

CMx1 Had tons and tons of talented graphic modders. Why is it that its almost exclusively Aris that mods for CMx2 when it comes to vehicles?

I mean, what happened to Daffy, Zimorodok, UncleTgt, AstroCat and MikeyD (just to mention a few of the most prolific)?

Why is that btw?

CMx1 Had tons and tons of talented graphic modders. Why is it that its almost exclusively Aris that mods for CMx2 when it comes to vehicles?

I mean, what happened to Daffy, Zimorodok, UncleTgt, AstroCat and MikeyD (just to mention a few of the most prolific)?

Not sure. Part of them are probably too busy or have moved on to other things in life. But it is rather worrying, same as the lack of new scenarios and campaigns. Perhaps we were just lucky to have so many talented people back then. Thank God for Aris and those guys who still continue to give us their time and energy.

Perhaps we should all start to make scenarios and campaigns. Personally I'm experimenting with it already. Still would like to have a campaign about the 12th and 1st SS in Normandy, but also about divisions like the 116th and 21st Panzer. If only it wasn't for those damn maps...That's why I was moaning about a number of standard maps like Villers-Bocage, Hill 112 and Carpiquet Airfield for CMBN some time ago. Would make it so much easier to launch new scenarios and campaigns.

That's why I was moaning about a number of standard maps like Villers-Bocage, Hill 112 and Carpiquet Airfield for CMBN some time ago. Would make it so much easier to launch new scenarios and campaigns.

Slowly working through Operation Windsor (Carpiquet). Research largely done, up to map making. Doing my part. :D

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/operation-windsor-2-0.17914/

"Why is it that its almost exclusively Aris that mods for CMx2 when it comes to vehicles?"

CM2 is a LOT more complex to mod than CM1 whether it be maps, scenarios or mods. I enjoyed trying my hand at tourney scenarios in CM1. CM2 is totally intimidating in terms of the time and skills it requires.

Quote:

"Perhaps we should all start to make scenarios and campaigns. Personally I'm experimenting with it already. Still would like to have a campaign about the 12th and 1st SS in Normandy, but also about divisions like the 116th and 21st Panzer. If only it wasn't for those damn maps...That's why I was moaning about a number of standard maps like Villers-Bocage, Hill 112 and Carpiquet Airfield for CMBN some time ago. Would make it so much easier to launch new scenarios and campaigns."

I totally agree with you Aragorn. I wished to have some more of these really huge and fantastic campaigns like Montebourg, Scottish Corridor etc. BUT, it is really a massive effort to create such "monsters". I have made two campaigns, each including 8 battles and it took me hundreds of hours. At the moment, I try to finish a mini-campaign of CMFI and I am able to give it 1-2 hours per day....and it doesn´t come to an end. In my opinion (and I told this to Battlefront ) , it is the time, to hire designers and to pay them for making campaigns/scenarios (which BF could sell as extra-packs for example) - otherwise, the lack of this stuff will be bigger and bigger, the more modules are released.

Regards

Frank

Quote:

"Perhaps we should all start to make scenarios and campaigns. Personally I'm experimenting with it already. Still would like to have a campaign about the 12th and 1st SS in Normandy, but also about divisions like the 116th and 21st Panzer. If only it wasn't for those damn maps...That's why I was moaning about a number of standard maps like Villers-Bocage, Hill 112 and Carpiquet Airfield for CMBN some time ago. Would make it so much easier to launch new scenarios and campaigns."

I totally agree with you Aragorn. I wished to have some more of these really huge and fantastic campaigns like Montebourg, Scottish Corridor etc. BUT, it is really a massive effort to create such "monsters". I have made two campaigns, each including 8 battles and it took me hundreds of hours. At the moment, I try to finish a mini-campaign of CMFI and I am able to give it 1-2 hours per day....and it doesn´t come to an end. In my opinion (and I told this to Battlefront ) , it is the time, to hire designers and to pay them for making campaigns/scenarios (which BF could sell as extra-packs for example) - otherwise, the lack of this stuff will be bigger and bigger, the more modules are released.

Regards

Frank

Great idea, Frank, but I doubt BF will see it that way.

Quote:

Regards

Frank

Just a pet peeve here, but why don't you use the quote button when quoting someones post?

• 2 weeks later...