Aris Vehicle Thread...

Fuzer - long time fan, all my CM modules are populated with your 'real-world' artwork...

Question, tho.

I have your Pz IV H mod for FI, but it doesn't appear when checking with the 'CMGL dealership' battle. Same for the Pz IIIM - CMFI dealership displays the modded tank, but no love in GL. (your recent 'N' mod appears in both, for example, as does the Pz IV G mod) No other mods in place...

ESTO error? Or manually change IV H mod to 'early' and 'late' (doesn't explain the IIIM though...)

Many thanks for your continued efforts....

Hpt. Lisse

Fuzer - long time fan, all my CM modules are populated with your 'real-world' artwork...

Question, tho.

I have your Pz IV H mod for FI, but it doesn't appear when checking with the 'CMGL dealership' battle. Same for the Pz IIIM - CMFI dealership displays the modded tank, but no love in GL. (your recent 'N' mod appears in both, for example, as does the Pz IV G mod) No other mods in place...

ESTO error? Or manually change IV H mod to 'early' and 'late' (doesn't explain the IIIM though...)

Many thanks for your continued efforts....

Hpt. Lisse

I had the same problem. Sometimes i got only the turret but not the hull or the other way around.

It is because GL introduced "mainland" versions and "muddy" versions (and "mainland muddy" versions too).

So the game uses them kinda randomly.

You have to find out the name of the mainland and muddy files and make copies of Aris' files and rename them to what the originals are named.

That way you will always get Aris' tank no matter what.

Panzer IV needs to be updated for Gustav Line. Don`t worry, I will make the necessary changes sometime soon.

Edit: first tests show that game engine mixes Panzer IVH skirts plate sections from " Sicilian" Panzer IVH and Mainland Italy bicolored Panzer IV. It even mixes whole textures for a single tank from both theatres...I ended up with a hull from a Panzer IVH from July 1944 close to the Alps and the turret from a Panzer IVH in Catania 1943 :) . I THOUGHT at first it was a bug, but I think now the problem lies in the decals I added for my Fortress Italy Panzer IVH ("panzer iv-h skirt 2,3,"etc). Everytime the game loads Panzer IVH may have full skirts or skirts with one plate removed. In the latter case the decals for the skirt interfere somehow I think,...and "fill" the gap tht should have been empty with a Sicilian version ending up with a mixed odd looking Panzer. Man, modding has its headaches,...Remove the decals for the Panzer IVH and see if it works, for now,..I will upload an ALL IN Updated pack soon.

Panzer IV needs to be updated for Gustav Line. Don`t worry, I will make the necessary changes sometime soon.

Edit: first tests show that game engine mixes Panzer IVH skirts plate sections from " Sicilian" Panzer IVH and Mainland Italy bicolored Panzer IV. It even mixes whole textures for a single tank from both theatres...I ended up with a hull from a Panzer IVH from July 1944 close to the Alps and the turret from a Panzer IVH in Catania 1943 :) . I THOUGHT at first it was a bug, but I think now the problem lies in the decals I added for my Fortress Italy Panzer IVH ("panzer iv-h skirt 2,3,"etc). Everytime the game loads Panzer IVH may have full skirts or skirts with one plate removed. In the latter case the decals for the skirt interfere somehow I think,...and "fill" the gap tht should have been empty with a Sicilian version ending up with a mixed odd looking Panzer. Man, modding has its headaches,...Remove the decals for the Panzer IVH and see if it works, for now,..I will upload an ALL IN Updated pack soon.

Yeah, I think the easiest way would be to make one single PzIVH texture and use that for all the versions.

It kinda sucks that it invalidates the variety BFC put in, but it would look best.

I think...

Yeah, I think the easiest way would be to make one single PzIVH texture and use that for all the versions.

Not needed now, both camo variants working flawlessly at the same time(plus color balance and weathering improved :) (decalling still to be checked to see if it's possible).

CMFortressItaly2013-09-2111-26-56-37.jpg~original

CMFortressItaly2013-09-2111-34-30-61.jpg~original

CMBN Panzer IVs will be updated to this "standard" after I finish this MegaPack.

Aris: You say "delete all the old PzIV mods", but I noticed the old ones have variants for 15PzGren and HG divisions. Do those variants no longer work?

The only variants that will work are included already in the new package, I removed the ones causing graphical oddities , so in short, yes, sadly you will have to delete the 15thPzGren HG Division decals to avoid problems.