buying game

I read the post about purchasing the game.

I have a question

It seems that if you initially buy the game like I did CMBN boxed edition I will have to spend more $$$ to get the upgraded version?

Is that correct?

Once an Upgrade is released those features become standard for all new customers. Existing customers can purchase the features as a stand alone Upgrade for the game of their choice. The previous version of each game will continue being sold for some time, at a discounted price (and can of course be upgraded later on if desired).

From what I read above, it seems that the new customer gets the best version thus the customer who bought the game originally has to pay more money?

Hi huhr, this is how upgrades work, for every product that is upgradeable. We didn't invent this :)

Someone buying a computer for the first time today pays only for that new computer, while if you bought a computer 5 years ago and are now buying a new one or buying a new component, you have "to pay more money" to have the same thing.

But the person buying a computer for the first time didn't use it for those 5 years that you used yours. So the limited comparison you draw is flawed.

Having said that... the Upgrades won't be expensive. And for the most part they will be optional, too.

Martin

From what I read above, it seems that the new customer gets the best version thus the customer who bought the game originally has to pay more money?

Yeah, if you want the newest game you have to buy it when released. Later it will be updated as the engine grows.

Think about that for a minute. BFC is talking about updating CMBN for at least the next couple years...So, the only way to be the new customer who saves a couple of bucks is wait until the complete line of CM games has run it's course and they retire.

It's like buying a computer, there's always gonna be a better version next year. But next year you don't have to buy a whole new rig, you can update the hardware. Who gets the better deal, the guy who waits or the guy who buys a comp now? Well, you could spend your life waiting cause they are always improving stuff.

EDITED: Moon stole my comp analogy!!!

Mord.

I'm guessing that the MG module will cost $55, not $35, and will include the new CMBN 2.0 exe. Or you'll have the option of simply purchasing the upgrade for CMBN vanilla for $20+.

That would mean the upgrade is not optional for those that want the MG module. The module will most likely be the same price as previous modules, the 2.0 upgrade will be a separate charge (I'm thinking about $10), and there will probably be a bundled price if you want both.

That would mean the upgrade is not optional for those that want the MG module. The module will most likely be the same price as previous modules, the 2.0 upgrade will be a separate charge (I'm thinking about $10), and there will probably be a bundled price if you want both.

I think I'll just post my EX wife's visa card number on the forums and everyone can enjoy the upgrades. :D

The v2 upgrade cost will most likely be just about enough to keep the download servers and web page running, plus to make back the production cost. Not quite enough to buy anybody at BFC a yacht. If they do buy a yacht it'll probably with the proceeds from the iphone app. :D