Juju UI Tweak

pcelt

Any chance at some point down the road of this brilliant mod being converted for the Brits/CW interface as well.

The original made a huge difference to the original interface.

Thanks in hope......

----And of course obviously the great armour mods by Aris for the Brit/CW armour.

Thanks in yet more hope....

Any chance at some point down the road of this brilliant mod being converted for the Brits/CW interface as well.

The original made a huge difference to the original interface.

Thanks in hope......

And thanks to you too, pcelt.

I haven't ordered the CW module. Not sure I will, either. But I promise that if/when I eventually do buy it, it'll be the first thing I do, even before actually playing the module.

And thanks to you too, pcelt.

I haven't ordered the CW module. Not sure I will, either. But I promise that if/when I eventually do buy it, it'll be the first thing I do, even before actually playing the module.

Arggghhhh! How come you haven't got it? I know it seems like a few extra units and different missions but it really has been improved, in my opinion anyway. It reminds me when the NATO module was released for SF with all the bells and whistles. That offered a huge improvement over the base game too. If it's a financial reason I think maybe we should buy it for you? I'll chip in some paypal cash. You deserve it.

Come on Juju, get on with the program.

It is unthinkable that one of our star modder has fallen away.

First the Lynx is out of QB ...second the CW-tanks have no external gear...then the Tiger II threads ...Now this !!!

Bo hoo hoo...sniff..sniff... life's not fair.

Arggghhhh! How come you haven't got it? I know it seems like a few extra units and different missions but it really has been improved, in my opinion anyway. It reminds me when the NATO module was released for SF with all the bells and whistles. That offered a huge improvement over the base game too. If it's a financial reason I think maybe we should buy it for you? I'll chip in some paypal cash. You deserve it.

Who's handling the money? I'd be happy to toss in some cash for an update to this mod... and some select others, too (like a building mod?) ;)

Aww, sweet. :) But seriously, it's not because of financial reasons.

Thing is, I'm not really that interested in the extra units or nationalities and I'll get the game improvements in the upcoming patch anyway.

But, while typing that I'm thinking, how can I, as one of the original's old-time fans, not get this? Besides, I'm out of things to mod (ain't gonna do no bridges no moa).

So, yeah, I just ordered and DL'd the thing. I'll start work on the update as soon as I finish playing Fallout New Vegas (don't worry, the battle for Hoover Dam is not far off. ;))

I'll keep you all updated on any progress!

Cheers,

Juju

Thing is, I'm not really that interested in the extra units or nationalities and I'll get the game improvements in the upcoming patch anyway.

But, while typing that I'm thinking, how can I, as one of the original's old-time fans, not get this? Besides, I'm out of things to mod (ain't gonna do no bridges no moa).

So, yeah, I just ordered and DL'd the thing. I'll start work on the update as soon as I finish playing Fallout New Vegas (don't worry, the battle for Hoover Dam is not far off. ;))

Cheers,

Juju

Apart from the release that is the best news of the week. This game will reach new heights with your magic touch

You guys are great!

Now, before I end up making several incorrect rank structure versions (again), can someone tell me if the current in-game rank structure for the SS, LW and British is correct (British rank 03 seems a bit out of place, for instance)? If not, please explain what would be accurate, if possible providing links, graphics and generally treating me like someone who doesn't know squat about these things. That usually works best. ;)

Thanks in advance,

Juju

You guys are great!

Now, before I end up making several incorrect rank structure versions (again), can someone tell me if the current in-game rank structure for the SS, LW and British is correct (British rank 03 seems a bit out of place, for instance)? If not, please explain what would be accurate, if possible providing links, graphics and generally treating me like someone who doesn't know squat about these things. That usually works best. ;)

Thanks in advance,

Juju

It all looks good to me.

Was a little surprised to find Sergearnts commanding the British Paratroop sections always assumed they were corporals.If anyone can shed light on this please do.

http://www.uniforminsignia.org/index.php?option=com_insigniasearch&view=insigniasearch&Itemid=53 is an exhaustive resource or check this thread here http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?4118-Ranks/page2.

The Armed forces of World War II-Uniforms,Insignia & Organisation by Andrew Mollo Covers every nations rank and insignia of each branch.I just tried scanning them but my cheapy scanner did a poor job.It's all in the above links anyway.

Happy UI designing.

Re Sergeants in British units--I think that the rank of sergeant was usually applied to Platoon second-in-commands and sections were usually led by corporals.

Juju--your agreement to rejoin the UI development service is the best military news I have had since the the news of Victory in Europe in 1945--and Im afraid I do actually remember that...........

Re Sergeants in British units--I think that the rank of sergeant was usually applied to Platoon second-in-commands and sections were usually led by corporals.

That was the impression I was under and the regular Infantry are correctly depicted being led by corporals and I was very pleased to see that.However the para sections are depicted as being led by sergearnts and was wondering if this was so.I'd hate for Juju to craft another one of his beautiful UIs only to have to go back and do the ranks again.

Well, so much for playing Fallout. Modding is so addictive (Just ask some of the other junkies out there), and I'm already well underway!

All three set of ranks at least have their first versions. Most weapon slot icons only need further tweaking. That leaves a whole lot of silhouettes, for which I'm hoping to get Marco Bergman's help. Otherwise I'm in for a sh*tload lot of work.

I'd hate for Juju to craft another one of his beautiful UIs only to have to go back and do the ranks again.

That's why I'll be posting preview shots so you guys can point out any mistakes I (that is, BFC) have made. Like german ss rank 02.bmp, which, as far as I know, is wrong for a supposed Oberschuetze.

A question; British rank 03.bmp, what is it? Can't find any info on it, it's not in the manual and so far I haven't found it in game. Is that one correct?

That's why I'll be posting preview shots so you guys can point out any mistakes I (that is, BFC) have made. Like german ss rank 02.bmp, which, as far as I know, is wrong for a supposed Oberschuetze.

Yes, i think the Oberschütze rank symbol is wrong, because the rank-star was carried at the right arm, the collar-sign was the same empty black ranking symbol like the SS-Schütze had.

Here is a link to the german website "Lexikon der Wehrmacht" (encyclopaedia of german Wehrmacht), which shows the correct ranks:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Soldat/SS/Abzeichen-R.htm

By the way, it´s great to see, that you are working on your amazing mod! Thank you! :)

Greets, MARS42

Cheers,

Juju

Not interested?? Not interested?? JuJu please don't disappoint me and say your one of those wargamers who are only interested if the Americans are involved.

Oh you've really let me down.

Though I just noticed you downloaded it anyway.

So get your Mod out to make up for your terrible indiscretion.

;)

Then I again I haven't bought it either. Not sure when I will to be honest. I really haven't the mojo at the moment to play CM.

A question; British rank 03.bmp, what is it? Can't find any info on it, it's not in the manual and so far I haven't found it in game. Is that one correct?

Could you post a pic please not entirely sure how to access it.

Thanks in advance.