CW Module and Mods! Which are compatible?

The CW brz needs to be exploded then checked to see if any of the old textures have been renamed or something added. Most mods should work fine they'll just have some holes such as unit portraits or weapons icons.

Mord.

Likely all graphical mods will work, although it is possible that UI mods may result in a 'mixed' look. Sound mods should work, but v1.10 changes shot sounds so that each rifle etc. has their own wave file, therefore those mods will not do anything. Strings.txt mods will not work.

The only issue I have experienced is with the UI. "Vin's Animated Text (heavy)" gave strange (CMSF I think) names to some units. Weird.

Thank goodness that Aris' mods all seem fine (I think). However, I noticed he didn't complete all the towed guns. eg: I noticed the German 76mm ATG was clean. :(

The only issue I have experienced is with the UI. "Vin's Animated Text (heavy)" gave strange (CMSF I think) names to some units. Weird.

Thank goodness that Aris' mods all seem fine (I think). However, I noticed he didn't complete all the towed guns. eg: I noticed the German 76mm ATG was clean. :(

I can confirm this same problem with "Vin's Animated Test (Light)". I'm seeing the option for BRDM-2's in the scenario editor.

I tried renaming a few of the previous camo pattern mods, and tried to get them to show in game. The models appear the same but these textures aren't working. I'm assuming there is no additional folder needed for the CW module, or new naming convention?

I have them as (with blank space, number starting at 2 and progressing upward):

"german-waffenss-cammo-uniform" in a folder entitled "german ss", as it seemed to be in the exploded CW module.

If you have the American voices mod, it will carry over to the other Allied nationalities. At first I was like "What a rip! They just used the same voices!" Then I remembered the whole mods thing...

So what does this mean? If I have the american voices mod loaded then the brit voices don't sound off?

I have checked the Kingtiger´s textures, and don´t think they are that bad. I think they did quite a good job actually,...except on the tracks, they are CMx1 (sorry for the guy that made them). I will try to make them shine a bit, sure. But there is always a vanilla texture behind a mod, if the mod it´s good it´s usually because the vanilla wasn´t that bad either IMHO.

My modding skill are rested and...rusted, so this it´s going to take quite a while..phew. Expect the Staghound to be modded for the weekend. Several decals will be available.

At this moment it´s work in progress, but at an early modding stage.

Clipboard03-2.jpg

I have emailed Vince the revised file. Doubtless it will appear on the repository eventually.

For those who cannot wait, the file is here for now:

http://www.captskidd.com/cmn/Vin's animated text - CMBN v2.10.zip

Thanks again Marco!

Gents, If you are having problems with the mod the update to v2.10 is the fix. Unlike most other mods which mainly deal with visual graphic changes the animated text mod changes the strings text file which is more "hard coded". For this reason everytime a patch comes out in which the text file has been changed an update of the mod will be required. As long as one is running the latest patched mod then you should be good to go.

They had the American voices instead. Someone up there said it didn't happen to them, so I don't know, but it definitely was the case for me.

In a very late night test run of CW last night, my Brits had Ami voices too. I have Mord's American voices mod, though. When the .brz is exploded, the mods to all the voices are in separate folders, but there is no one single folder holding all these individual ones. The game does have distinct folders for each nationality, so I made a separate one called "american" (the name the base game uses) and plopped Mord's American voices in that, then put it into the z Folder. I simply wasn't able to stay up and check it out last night, but I may have to run home at the lunch hour to get some work I left behind...cough, cough...so maybe I'll be back this afternoon to confirm if that keeps the voices distinct.

akd...I wish you had answered earlier!

What he said.

Still need to run home and get that work I left behind this morning...cough, cough.