A Few Words From Our Sponsor Part Ii

;) you know what they say patience is a virtue

Let me see, do I have patience? I died twice and almost a third. I am on waiting list for a kidney. Patience is indeed a virtue. I have played this game since the first demo broke for CM1. I have maps ready and I am ready to put new vehicles on the maps. I just want some excitement.

All i ask is for the man in the Jar, Steve for some words to excite us. For Charles to invoke some wisdom. For Moon to continue to throw a bones our way. For Phil to let us know what he is working on today. For the worker bees (beta testers) to tell us what kind of fun they are having with the upcoming module.

OK... just because you asked so nicely...

We're trying to nail down and fix the last few bugs before going Gold. The game, otherwise, is totally done. The fun thing about being a game tester is everybody yells at you to stop finding bugs so the game can be released. And then we all know what happens after release :D Knowing that, we enlightened overlords of Battlefront try to shield our poor Beta Testers by actually fixing the critical stuff they find before release.

Steve

OK... just because you asked so nicely...

We're trying to nail down and fix the last few bugs before going Gold. The game, otherwise, is totally done. The fun thing about being a game tester is everybody yells at you to stop finding bugs so the game can be released. And then we all know what happens after release :D Knowing that, we enlightened overlords of Battlefront try to shield our poor Beta Testers by actually fixing the critical stuff they find before release.

Steve

God da** beta testers....now we know who to blame

Seriously though, thanks for your efforts guys. We know from various comments posted that you are paying attention to stuff on the forum so while there may not be an ongoing "conversation", there is most definitely a feedback loop.

And you know we will still find some bugs....just goes with the territory. :D

I think we're pretty lucky to get ANY communication from the management of a development company. What other game sites provide better access to developers or give better customer support?

777 Studios is very open with their customers about what their upcoming plans are.

When you expect people to give you their money...the least you would expect is to tell them why exactly should they do it....

We just blindly pre order a game..whithout knowing what it is we are paying for..

So I think its nice when they show us videos and comment on the current game status..they should continue to do so in the future

Some of us post pretty regularly. Sometimes we'll all be incredibly busy for a while, but I wouldn't call it a total lack of communication at all.

We do talk about our future plans - we let you know what's coming next, and Steve occasionally provides teasers as to what's coming after that. :) We don't blog every day or week, but we talk about what we can, when we can.

You guys don't have to blog all the time, but it's been half a year since the last patch, and we have no idea what to expect with the next one. Obviously you guys have some sort of "Known Bugs" and "Fixed Bugs" list around the office, would it be that much trouble to give us a peak on occasion? Sometimes there will be a post about some issue, that goes on for pages, and then finally you or someone else will pop in and say "We will look at it" but then never give any sort of feedback later.

For example, the vehicles bogging on the edge of roads bug, what is the status of that? I just had it happen to two armored cars in one scenario, they barely made it out of the setup zone before becoming immobilized.

Hey guys - first time back in about 6 months - saw the article on RPS and swung by.

I made a thread once about increasing US AB platoons to three squads which I remember 'winning' decisively, I hope y'all didn't forget! =D

Looking forward to the new kit; a bit of a shame that I can't see any flamethrowers in the new stuff.

You guys don't have to blog all the time, but it's been half a year since the last patch, and we have no idea what to expect with the next one. Obviously you guys have some sort of "Known Bugs" and "Fixed Bugs" list around the office, would it be that much trouble to give us a peak on occasion? Sometimes there will be a post about some issue, that goes on for pages, and then finally you or someone else will pop in and say "We will look at it" but then never give any sort of feedback later.

"Known bugs from testing" and "known bugs that people talk about on the forums" bear about as much resemblance to each other as Marie Antoinette and a very large French bear.

We'd have to translate "our" bugs into "your" bugs, and they'd need to be updated often since it's not entirely unusual for bugs to open and close a number of times in testing (not all bugs are instantly "fixed", which would of course cause a furor when bugs that had been "fixed" became "not fixed").

Also, there are plenty of things that we fix that are only tangentially hinted at by multiple issues that you all mention, which means we'd have to try and suss out the web of fun interconnections between a dozen forum posts and a single, or multiple, "known" bugs. It'd be a job and a half, and it really wouldn't provide *that* much transparency without a heap of work.

There *will* be a list of major fixes / improvements provided when the module is released.

For example, the vehicles bogging on the edge of roads bug, what is the status of that? I just had it happen to two armored cars in one scenario, they barely made it out of the setup zone before becoming immobilized.

That has been fixed. I noted a couple times in that thread that that bug had been fixed. I actually noted it after the initial fix and then came back and mentioned it again when it seemed people had missed it.

Which is actually a decent argument for some kind of central list. But as you can hopefully see, from our end, that central list wouldn't be very helpful unless we spent a lot of time on it.