The Russians are here! My Russian camo vehicles mod is finished!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by junk2drive:

Here's another CM modder that is missed

Thanks, but this modder has been very busy doing some of the official textures for CMSF:

BRDM2

BRDM2 ATGM

BTR60PB

T62

AAV7 (working on)

T90 (working on)

There's a fully reworked UAZ now up on CMMODS.

Of course, on everything listed above, Gordon has done the colours, and done them very nicely.

Originally posted by RommL:

very nice work... ;)

Will one find it in downloading when? I am anxious to see also the T-72.. :D

Well, I've only just finished my beta version of the BMP-2s. So that only leaves the BMP-1s, BRDMs, BTR-60, UAZ, T-55s, T-62s and T-72s. So, I wouldn't expect anything for quite some time. And I also only just realized that I neglected the poor Strykers in my NATO mod, so I'll have to work on that ...

RommL,

Well, I try to slightly vary the colors between vehicles to represent different age and weathering effects and so they don't look like they all rolled out of the factory on the same day.

MikeyD,

Yup, that's another one of my goals, to help differentiate the different types of vehicles (within the limits of the shared portions, of course).

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I bet most people can't distinguish the BMP-2 from the BMP2-K in the game. Nothing like a good camou scheme to call out the difference! :D

Even if not you should be able to work it out from its location in the tactical formation. Not that it matters because you can't micromanage your gunners often enough or with as much fine tuning as saying in real life 'go for command vehicles' to take out the 'K' variants anwyay.

And who else remembers this 1983 college radio hit by Made For TV?

(delivered in a Rod Serling tone)

I'd like to feed the children/Find a cure for disease/Rebuild the cities/and plant a lot of trees/I'd like to help the sick/Build factories/Give money to students/hospitals and galleries/

But, I'm afraid of the Russians/I can't sleep at night/So afraid of the Russians/Afraid we've got to fight/

Originally posted by Gordon:

RommL,

Well, I try to slightly vary the colors between vehicles to represent different age and weathering effects and so they don't look like they all rolled out of the factory on the same day.

Thank you for all this work. with regards to the colors I understand better. ;)

sharply that these be available in downloading. smile.gif