North Italy QB maps

9 minutes ago, Bud Backer said:

Huh... you and me both, man. Too bad the most recent version was...less than stellar. I started with the original, years ago. 

Yeah - Sim City was a perfect example of a game that ended up going into too much detail and got boring. I'm glad Battlefront have kept the balance right...

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Malaspina said:

Have you uploaded the maps somewhere?

I've been chopping them into slices and adding AI plans, and playing them, so I can upload a map pack to the Scenario Depot.

Below is a link to what I've done so far - all of these maps (except the 'base' maps) have Defender AI plans, so they're good to use on the attack, but so far only about 15% have Attacker AI plans.

Anything marked '-prog' still isn't playable against the AI (usually ME maps missing AI plans). If you want to play an ME against the AI, just check it has an AI plan first.

I've been enjoying testing them - they all work well playing as Attacker, and a few of them have been really challenging...

Have fun :)

Any feedback and advice appreciated.

Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auilzpybhm0w206/FI map pack in prog May20.zip?dl=1

10 hours ago, Malaspina said:

Freyberg,

These look great. Nice job! I wish the real places looked like that!

Have you uploaded the maps somewhere?

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Truly beautiful.....Your mountain villages in particular really impress me, as I know just what a pig it can be to make them (and the roads leading to them).  B)

6 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

You are making maps and hills like you take your breakfast, in fact all is in your name,  with a little imagination, you are like a painter free to create ... very nice work !

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

I confirm what my comrades say
exceptional work

Thanks guys :):)

Really appreciate it.

• 5 months later...
50 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

@Freyberg the pictures look great and well worth a free (LOL) download so I tried clicking the dropbox links but they just plonk me back here?  Am I missing something?

I just checked dropbox and everything looks right.

I copied the link again - here is the link straight from my dropbox Public folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auilzpybhm0w206/FI map pack in prog May20.zip?dl=0

Some people recommend changing "dl=0" to "dl=1" (I know you have to do this to embed images), so here is the same link with that edit made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auilzpybhm0w206/FI map pack in prog May20.zip?dl=1

Thanks for your interest :)

If it doesn't work, PM me

32 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

Many thanks my friend.  The first link worked (the one above, dl=0) but the second kicked me back into the post.

Now to install and have a look at your great work, thanks again.

And now I look, I have multiple downloads so I think the original links were working but as they put me stright back here I didnt see the download happening.  Anyhoo, onwards and upwards, sorry to trouble you...

Edited by Vacilllator

1 minute ago, Vacilllator said:

Many thanks my friend.  The first link worked (the one above, dl=0) but the second kicked me back into the post.

Now to install and have a look at your great work, thanks again.

Thanks, friend :)

Good to know: "dl=1" only for embedding images...!

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Just wanted to say Freyberg these QB maps are excellent. I'm loving the infantry battles in the ruins especially. The squad tactics with all the craters really shines.

Thanks very much :)

The last few months I've been practising with AI plans, trying to get a bit more variety without having the AI do anything too reckless.

Incidentally - I'd be thrilled if you had any screenshots :)

Edited by Freyberg

9 hours ago, Freyberg said:

Thanks very much :)

The last few months I've been practising with AI plans, trying to get a bit more variety without having the AI do anything too reckless.

Incidentally - I'd be thrilled if you had any screenshots :)

l' attaque! 1st FFD push German forces out of an unnamed town in Central Italy. This QB honestly feels like a scenario. Not a single German outside a building rendering my artillery advantage next to useless. Almost every turn I've lost a pixeltruppen here and there. Painstaking and methodical. Bust most importantly fun!

Screenshot (60).png

QBs by default need to have AI plans, or they won’t show up in the selection screen. (Well, they’re not supposed to, anyway.) Maybe you didn’t choose the right type (Attack, Probe, Meeting Engagement, etc.) so that the QBs that weren’t working actually had an AI plan for a different type?