North Italy QB maps

On 2/2/2021 at 9:09 AM, Anonymous_Jonze said:

l' attaque! 1st FFD push German forces out of an unnamed town in Central Italy. This QB honestly feels like a scenario. Not a single German outside a building rendering my artillery advantage next to useless. Almost every turn I've lost a pixeltruppen here and there. Painstaking and methodical. Bust most importantly fun!

Screenshot (60).png

Thanks, Man :)

That's cool - and I'm glad you're having fun.

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

One last thing does every QB have plans for the AI? I tried a couple and the AI didn't leave their deployment zone. A couple of maps didn't have deployment zones. Is there a clue in the title?

As I mentioned in the original post:

• these are a work in progress, to which I gave a Dropbox link to those who wanted to play around with them;
  • almost all of them have a defender AI plan (mostly only one), but very few have an attacker AI plan - you'll need to check;
  • I'm still working on them and when they're finished, I'll upload them to the Repository. I'm testing different AI plans now - so that when completed, each one will have multiple defender plans and at least one attacker plan but in the meantime, I provided a link (on request) to anyone who wanted to play around with them on the understanding they were not finished.

Sorry if there was any confusion guys :)

They're not a completed map pack - I did mention that you should check them for an AI plan before using.

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

QBs by default need to have AI plans, or they won’t show up in the selection screen. (Well, they’re not supposed to, anyway.) Maybe you didn’t choose the right type (Attack, Probe, Meeting Engagement, etc.) so that the QBs that weren’t working actually had an AI plan for a different type? 

Nope - they will show up in the list whether they have a plan or not.

I did mention they weren't finished, but it was a long way up the thread (testing out AI plans has taken a long time - I needed a lot of practice) - sorry if it caused of you guys some inconvenience 😮 

TBH the first thing I do once I fall in love with a QB map is delete all the AI plans (sorry)!  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

testing out AI plans has taken a long time

It does that.  ;)

TBH if a few more people tried making and testing a few AI plans, there would be an awful lot less moaning on this forum (and a lot more creativity).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

39 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

...if a few more people tried making and testing a few AI plans, there would be an awful lot less moaning on this forum (and a lot more creativity).

I won't say my AI plans are excellent, but I'm enjoying making them.

I have been practising getting the defender AI to displace, scoot around, fall back slowly, make little counter-attacks, and so on, without it turning into a Turkey Shoot.

It's taken a little bit of trial and error, but some of them are working pretty well :)